Thread: oj simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Relevant:

The questions were half-scripted so, as long the members of the audience mentioned a few keywords, they could cut-off in the middle of their queries and go on about something completely stupid and unrelated. Not the best PR control ever. :P

Personally, I think that OJ's fame saved him from life imprisonment. He was a narcissist on a power trip, and those are always the most liable to do something incredibly dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does BLM have to do with OJ?
    I mean I just googled "blm oj simpson" and this fucking thread was on the first page of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    What does BLM have to do with OJ?
    I mean I just googled "blm oj simpson" and this fucking thread was on the first page of results.
    That's probably because you spend too much time on MMOC, so google is giving you search results that are relevant to your browsing habits. :P

It's obvious he murdered his wife, he should stay in just for that.

I like in the documentary where that one black report said "My mom said that if OJ had murdered his first wife(a black woman) the jury would've hung him no questions asked."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    ive just finished watching a documentary on this guy over the space of a week (8 hours long) on bbc 4 & i see he's up for parole this year over the numerous offences he committed in nevada in 2007.
    do you think he will get parole, or do you think the US authorities will keep him incarcerated as an act of revenge over the murder of his former wife, nicole.
    i know he was found not guilty in that case, but some of the facts that came out about the jury after the trial was actually quite shocking.
    They legally cannot do that... and nor will they as, lets face it, they weren't personally involved so they have no reason to focus on him vs any other criminal in their keep.

NOW, as for OJ himself, on the other hand...

It seemed pretty obvious the reason he did the Nevada...well, we can hardly call it a "heist"... was probably to get himself caught and locked up for feeling guilty over it, not to mention how Society probably treats him right now and forever. Chances are he'll either commit another crime when he's out of the gate, or commit a crime while IN prison to remain there. All depends if he's made peace with his inner demons and is ready to face them again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's obvious he murdered his wife, he should stay in just for that.

I like in the documentary where that one black report said "My mom said that if OJ had murdered his first wife(a black woman) the jury would've hung him no questions asked."
    I had a black female friend who observed that if his first wife was black, she would've kicked the shit out of him for trying to kill her. Her immortal words ringing in my ears of "You gonna cut me? Oh like HELLZ you IZ!!!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    ive just finished watching a documentary on this guy over the space of a week (8 hours long) on bbc 4 & i see he's up for parole this year over the numerous offences he committed in nevada in 2007.
    do you think he will get parole, or do you think the US authorities will keep him incarcerated as an act of revenge over the murder of his former wife, nicole.
    i know he was found not guilty in that case, but some of the facts that came out about the jury after the trial was actually quite shocking.
    It wouldn't be an act of revenge, he was convicted of several serious crimes in Nevada.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow, I thought it would take longer than one post for someone to come and turn this into another thread complaining about BLM.
    You were wrong...again. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

no but really would it really surprise you if they didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    It is too bad it didn't happen here in California. He could claim immigrant status and be let out into the public IMMEDIATELY. People will think I am exaggerating on this but ever since Governor Jerry Brown moved many people from State prisons to County Prison system people have just been getting shorten sentences and being let out. There is no more parole board being done. It is just probation.
    He's an immigrant? I'm sure Trump would jump at the opportunity to kick out a criminal immigrant, especially to make an example of a celebrity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You don't believe Black Lives Matter is relevant in relation to one of the most controversial events involving a black man?

Not to say I know whether they'll comment on it or not, but it's not like linking the two is any sort of far-fetch idea.
    This.

Black people couldn't fathom the idea of his guilt of murder, while everyone else's jaw dropped from the acquittal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    Okay let me bluntly ask you whether you honestly and truly believe that @Mordago was trying to link BLM as a form of actual debate, or he's trying to form a link that might or might not happen as a proxy to attacking BLM for no reason?

There are plenty of things to criticize OJ on without having to use the thread to attack BLM. When and if they start rioting to this then yeah it's relevant, till then it's a non-sequitur.
    @Mordago pointed out the obvious, that is, they are under pressure in making their decisions as any outcome unfavorable to OJ would cause ill feelings and immediate violent riots by them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They legally cannot do that... and nor will they as, lets face it, they weren't personally involved so they have no reason to focus on him vs any other criminal in their keep.

NOW, as for OJ himself, on the other hand...

It seemed pretty obvious the reason he did the Nevada...well, we can hardly call it a "heist"... was probably to get himself caught and locked up for feeling guilty over it, not to mention how Society probably treats him right now and forever. Chances are he'll either commit another crime when he's out of the gate, or commit a crime while IN prison to remain there. All depends if he's made peace with his inner demons and is ready to face them again...
    I don't have extensive knowledge of that incident but I don't think fear of public persecution or remorse had anything to do with it. I'd say it was to regain a sense of empowerment, control, and former glory in addition to money.

OJ already confessed to having done the murders when he was in prison, but since hes being acquitted it hardly matters. personally i wouldn't parole him if was in charge but hey, maybe he has changed.

first couple of posts.

trump & BLM oh how i don't hear enough of this

I'd be happy, but we already have McCoy and Gillislee.

15+ Year Old Account
    God looks out for drunks and fools, so yeah, he will get it or BLM will riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where did I say this? Also, why does everyone here think I mod this forum? I'm very confused by this.
    Maybe update your signature if this is a problem.