Deleted

New headset not working properly

Hey guys.

I have a small problem (I'm suspecting some settings error on my side) that I need help with. I'm no tech wizard, so when stuff doesn't work while it should I get annoyed :P

Plugged it in (Trust GHS-306 if important) and downloaded the correct drivers for it.

Now I have sound on basic Windows options (Like booting the PC up makes sound) and certain programs like Skype make sound. But games make no sound (Battlenet & Steam) and I get no sound from the internet (Youtube etc) and Spotify.

Now when I go to Control Panel - Sound and look at my Realtek Digital Output it shows that sound is actually produced (When I enable a song on Spotify for instance) but I hear nothing. So I think I'm missing something.

Just trying some random stuff out now but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Right-click on the speaker icon in on the start bar in the bottom right, hit playback devices, make sure your new item is set to default, check its properties and make sure its volume settings are up. Also right click on the speaker icon again and go to mixer and make sure everything is turned up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptarius View Post
    Right-click on the speaker icon in on the start bar in the bottom right, hit playback devices, make sure your new item is set to default, check its properties and make sure its volume settings are up. Also right click on the speaker icon again and go to mixer and make sure everything is turned up.
    That was not it. Already tried all these.

I have no idea what I did but I got it to work somehow. Uninstalled everything, re-installed drivers. Still didn't work. Did the exact same again and I somehow got everything working.

Never expected installing a headset gave so much issues...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    That was not it. Already tried all these.

I have no idea what I did but I got it to work somehow. Uninstalled everything, re-installed drivers. Still didn't work. Did the exact same again and I somehow got everything working.

Never expected installing a headset gave so much issues...
    Welcome to the scam that is "gaming headsets".