Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do people even use the in-game chat in D3?

Seems awful quiet and dead. Not sure if it's just serious gaming, or lack of participation.

I talk to people all the time, compare loot, I played for a bit last night to do the Aniv. event for real and get the achieves - spent a lot of time explaining the cow pet quest.

I'll admit chat is spotty - some nights, lots of people are talking, other nights it can be deathly silent. But it could just be when you logged on.

Same here. I use it, most times however people just don't care and open up another rift portal.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't, but I should none of my friends play diablo 3 anymore!

I use it to tell my friends to jump on voice chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Depends, If it's just speedrunning regular rifts no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I used it when I played. BUt mostly I was on TS or skype or something.

I use voice chat when playing with friends, and sometimes join in on conversations going on in /general. I rarely join public groups, only for speed running some bounties, and there is hardly ever any need for communication there.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Tried when I first joined public games but no one replied to "hello" or anything so I gave up. I treat it like a public bathroom, you're all there to do the same thing and you don't need to discuss it. When you're done you leave.

Deleted
    Back in the day, yes, the general chat is actually a lively place. But, since people have grown bored of the game, the general chat is barren nowadays.:/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't talk in chat (besides sometimes answering questions) because when I play Diablo I'm actively playing. For me there's next to zero downtime in D3. I'm doing stuff, or I'm exiting the game. Plus, the people I play with are on Discord so that's even less reason to use the chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the last two days I've had general chat on, and literally in about 8-9 hours of play, I saw maybe 4 messages, and 2 of which were telling a guy to gtfo...So no I don't use it. Id rather just being in Discord with other friends.

In game I sometimes will ask randoms in the party if they need something I got, but I don't really converse.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Yeah D3 is dead socially speaking. I guess Bnet 2.0 is a success...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah D3 is dead socially speaking. I guess Bnet 2.0 is a success...

I don't think I would really say Bnet 2.0 had any effect. More that Diablo gives almost no reason to communicate with others. You can accomplish most puggable runs without saying a word to another player, you can not directly trade anything but the most reason drops with another player, and the game still works typically see pugs revolving in and out after every other rift. There just is not much reason to talk to pugs, and if you are playing with friends you would likely be using voice chat, be it Blizzard Voice, Discord or one of the other VOIPs. So the text channels serve almost no purpose.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I had this thought about how D3 could be more active after the initial couple weeks of a new season ... I don't think it would be possible, but if it was - it would be sick if they could merge the realms [NA, EU, ASIA, AU].. With communication being minimal, there would be a massive spike in competition and players to group with.. the ping/latency would be an issue...

7+ Year Old Account
    diablo is one of those games people play when they wanna watch a movie or listen to a podcast and just autopilot something
    so yes they will talk less
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny this popped up in the feed today, yesterday was the first time in forever that I have seen someone use General.
    Of course, they said 'wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww' (w count may be incorrect), so there's that, but at least someone kinda used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Funny this popped up in the feed today, yesterday was the first time in forever that I have seen someone use General.
    Of course, they said 'wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww' (w count may be incorrect), so there's that, but at least someone kinda used it.
    Wonder if that was followed by a hand smashed into the desk as he died to some stupid mechanic while pushing grifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Wonder if that was followed by a hand smashed into the desk as he died to some stupid mechanic while pushing grifts.
    I'm sure 'w' is bound to his whirlwind ability and he was like "WTF SPIN YOU MOTHER F..." <dead>.

no i don't at least