Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And here it is, the last of the book! It has been a pleasure, friends. Zug zug. For Azeroth.

Part 13: Battle of Auchindoun
    • Ner’zhul disappointed Citadel fell quickly, thought orcs had advantage on own turf
    • Kurdran and gryphon riders scouted ahead, found orcs on edge of Bone Wastes
    • Dwarves rained hell, orcs needed to find new route or risk dying soon
    • Took underground tunnels of Auchindoun, Gorefiend had spoken of secret passages
    • Kurdran knocked from mount and captured by orcs, interrogated by Kilrogg
    • Danath’s forces arrived by land, rescuing Kurdran from tombs would be risky
    • Outcast arakkoa Grizzik hated Horde, sought vegeance for fall of Skyreach
    • Had followed Sons of Lothar, offered to lead Alliance through Auchindoun tombs
    • Danath stormed through tomb city, avoided ambushes, liberated Kurdran
    • Ner’zhul no longer there, only Kilrogg and Bleeding Hollow to occupy Alliance
    • Kilrogg realized Auchindoun was place he had seen in the vision of his death
    • Danath confronted Kilrogg, brutal duel, plunged blade in Kilrogg’s throat
    • Kilrogg had bought time for Ner’zhul, Bleeding Hollow clan scattered

Part 14: Gruul the Dragonkiller
    • Gorgrond terrain inhospitable, perfect for Deathwing to hide from non-fliers
    • Gronn survived decaying Draenor, largest of which was known as Gruul
    • Lorded over number of lesser gronn and ogres in mountains
    • Normally territorial but forced into small region, gronn joined forces to survive
    • Attacked dragons, suprising them, Deathwing saw them as little more than pests
    • While Deathwing distracted, Sons of Lothar arrived searching for skull of Gul’dan
    • Battles between dragons and gronn very bloody, dragons impaled on spikes by Gruul
    • Khadgar and Turalyon struck bargain with Gruul, safe passage to defeat Deathwing
    • Gronn and Alliance planned assault on largest cache of dragon eggs
    • Destroyed many eggs hoping to lure Deathwing, he unleashed molten fury from sky
    • Gruul seized moment, scaled mountains to fight Deathwing with bare hands
    • Khadgar used arcane power to rip metal plates from Deathwing’s spine
    • Deathwing’s body came apart, spilling lava, ended up dropping skull of Gul’dan
    • Almost dead, Deathwing abandoned plans and flew back to Azeroth through Portal
    • Swore vengeance on those responsible, especially Khadgar
    • Khadgar retrieved skull, made hasty retreat in case Gruul turned on them
    • Most black dragons dead or dying, Gruul became legend known as Dragonkiller

Part 15: The Black Temple
    • Turalyon turned forces south, Khadgar and magi open portals to Shadowmoon
    • Two halves of Alliance expedition reunited outside gates of Black Temple
    • Orcs had time to prepare, remnants of army dug in around Temple for defense
    • Khadgar sensed energy, Ner’zhul in middle of preparing spell atop Temple
    • No time for drawn-out siege, no time to find way around Temple guardians
    • Sons of Lothar lashed out at defenders, Khadgar and magi hunted Ner’zhul
    • Ner’zhul had gathered death knights and Shadowmoon orcs to help him
    • Harnessed Eye, Book, and Scepter, tapped into nexus ley lines
    • Unprepared for skill needed, energies spiraled out of his control
    • Blasted multiple holes through reality, many more than what he had expected
    • Destabilized ley lines, tore rifts across Draenor, fissures erupted on land and sea
    • Khadgar managed to recover Eye and Book but not Scepter
    • Ner’zhul took Scepter, a few followers, escaped through nearby portal

Part 16: The Breaking of Draenor
    • Unstable rifts would soon shatter the world and kill everyone on it
    • Destructive energies would also blast through Dark Portal to Azeroth
    • Consulting with Turalyon, Khadgar decided to destroy Portal to protect Azeroth
    • Must be done from Draenor, no time to regroup on Azeroth and do it
    • It was a suicide mission, but no one hesitated
    • Energies lashing out prevented Khadgar from creating portal to Hellfire Peninsula
    • Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Kurdran, Danath forced to go to Portal by gryphon
    • Most Alliance left at Citadel already back through Portal, Horde remnants fleeing too
    • Orcs clashed with Alliance when seeing someone was trying to seal Portal
    • Khadgar used skull to unleash energy, Turalyon fended off terrified orcs
    • Massive explosion destroyed Dark Portal frame, severed connection to Azeroth
    • World still ripping itself apart, Khadgar and co. fled through random portals
    • Draenor, realm touched by Aggramar and shaped by primals/breakers, was no more

Part 17: Remnants of the Horde
    • Orcs who passed through Portal told of Ner’zhul, Draenor, no possiblity for survivors
    • Grommash devastated, only family (son Garrosh) left in Mag’har camp on Draenor
    • Grommash led Warsong clan north to shelter in Swamp of Sorrows
    • Believed there would never be peace with humans, wanted to prepare for battle
    • “True Horde” saw confirmation of cause, Dal’rend and Maim strengthened forces
    • Dragonmaw believed Zuluhed dead as he had returned to Draenor
    • Nekros took control of clan, continued dominating Alexstrasza and red dragons
    • Rexxar, disgusted by everything, retreated into Azeroth’s wilderness
    • Drek’Thar and Frostwolf clan carved out new home in Alterac Mountains
    • Isolated from other orcs to escape their wrath, Drek’Thar using elements again
    • Cho’gall and Twilight’s Hammer sailing to Kalimdor, driven by Old Gods
    • Searching for their masters to bring Hour of Twilight, secretly followed by Garona

Part 18: Valley of Heroes
    • Many orcs surrendered immediately to Alliance in Blasted Lands
    • Sent to internment camps in Lordaeron, debate about camps still going on
    • Alliance leaders conncered about those lost on Draenor, hoped they would return
    • Hope faded over time, statues of expedition leaders built outside Stormwind
    • Eastern Kingdoms settled into new lives, balance of power had been altered
    • No more Council of Tirisfal, no more single Guardian of great power
    • Azeroth had new protectors, notably Alliance, did not want to disband
    • Paladins of Silver Hand dedicated to protecting realm, continued training warriors
    • Kirin Tor studied orcs and fel magic to learn in case of another war
    • Just as on Draenor, conflict had changed Azeroth and its peoples forever
    • Yet more turmoil to come, Azeroth would need Alliance and other protectors
    Last edited by Avateau; 2017-03-08 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Avateau View Post
    And here it is, the last of the book! It has been a pleasure, friends. Zug zug. For Azeroth.
    Many thanks for taking the time to type all this up and make it available to the forum.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Wait, is Battle of Grim Batol (DotD) not in this volume?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Many thanks for taking the time to type all this up and make it available to the forum.
    No problem. I now go to take my 100 years rest.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Grommash devastated, only family (son Garrosh) left in Mag’har camp on Draenor
    I'm glad about this Grom, probably thought his son was dead so never abandoned him. Was probably the biggest thing on his road to attempted redemption.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

WC2 Deathwing better than cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Cata's deathwing was basicly 98's Godzilla, that goes without saying. No seriously, he didn't transform into another being to cause mischief once. Was he just too insane or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Considering Cata's deathwing was basicly 98's Godzilla, that goes without saying. No seriously, he didn't transform into another being to cause mischief once. Was he just too insane or what?
    Yeah, deathwing in Chronicles look a very good villain

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    • Kilrogg realized Auchindoun was place he had seen in the vision of his death
    • Danath confronted Kilrogg, brutal duel, plunged blade in Kilrogg’s throat
    • Kilrogg had bought time for Ner’zhul, Bleeding Hollow clan scattered
    This reminds me of Kilrogg's last words in the BtDP novel:

"You did get past me—I give you that. Well fought, but in the end, you have failed, human. My master has gone ahead to the Black Temple to cast his spell. You cannot stop him now, and worlds without end will know the trampling feet of the Horde. (...) By my blood... the Horde... lives. Ancestors... I come..."
    Kilrogg kinda died for nothing in the end, but it was still a better end of what he got in WoD.

I also found quite of curious that Dal'rend's Dark Horde seems to have been canonically renamed "True Horde". Now it really looks like Garrosh stole the name from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Seconded.

C'Thun's and Yogg-Saron's deaths boosted his power for some reason and with the power seems the madness increased equally. The Old Gods pretty much turned Deathwing into a literal weapon.

All those intricate schemes just to become a winged thermonuclear bomb. A shame, no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    C'Thun's and Yogg-Saron's deaths boosted his power for some reason and with the power seems the madness increased equally. The Old Gods pretty much turned Deathwing into a literal weapon.

All those intricate schemes just to become a winged thermonuclear bomb. A shame, no doubt.
    Where is it said that C'thun and Yogg-Saron's deaths boosted Bombwing's power? I thought, since Cata lore is still not revised by the Chronicles, N'Zoth was behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vaguely recall him trying to pull off a con once or twice, like trying to manipulate the blues' succession crisis, but yeah overall he was a major disappointment. They really dumbed the character down to just a flying ogre in Cata.

I think Ethenil's theory holds the highest credit, it's most likely tied to the events of Azuremyst involving both the Draenei and Kael'thas's Blood Elves, occurring right besides Night Elf territories. Night Elves held a bias already for their own reasons, such events must have convinced them to take action and see what the renegade cousins of the Eastern Kingdoms were up to. And after Night Elves the other race generally holding a strong distrust towards Quel'dorei/Sin'dorei are the Dwarves, no wonder the Kaldorei managed to conscript one of them to spy on the Blood Elves.
    wait, i didn't realize dwarves and elves had beef in wow.. when was this?

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Where is it said that C'thun and Yogg-Saron's deaths boosted Bombwing's power? I thought, since Cata lore is still not revised by the Chronicles, N'Zoth was behind it.
    N'Zoth was behind Deathwing in Cata, but Metzen said it was the Old Gods' power (not specifically their deaths, though) that had boosted Deathwing power ("What has happened in recent years is that the whispers of the Old Gods have gotten worse. The power of the Old Gods, as seen rising with C'Thun and Yogg-Saron (there are more). Their power has magnified Deathwing's power ten-fold").
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I had a bit of a lapsus, it wasn't their deaths, it was their awakenings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tojYbaPEyQ#t=04m48s

"In recent years, the whisperings of the Old Gods had gotten worse; the Old Ones' dread power steadily increased as C'Thun and Yogg-Saron stirred from their ancient slumbers, and the growing influence of the Old Gods magnified Deathwing's power ten-fold."

Edit: Qualia kind of beat me to it. Left a link for reference too, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    wait, i didn't realize dwarves and elves had beef in wow.. when was this?
    They didn't seem to trust/like each other too much, which is ofcourse another fantasy dynamic ripped from Tolkien. In Warcraft is at least true with the Bronzebeards (the Dark Irons barely like anyone so I'll not even consider them) of which was something mentioned in Day of the Dragon if I remember correctly. Plus I remember something about the early history of the Alliance races and how dwarves became fast friends with humans but never grew fond of the elves.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-03-08 at 04:17 AM.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Why would they not be? You have to remember that the orcs come from a planet where if they are not ruthless then they would be destroyed by Ogres or Arakkoa or crazy plants. Why would their mindset change? The orc's attitude is critical to their survival, even more so now that the Alliance will always be breathing down their necks because of the past.
    actia;;u ues. amd upi raose am o,[prtamt [[pomt

actually yes, and you raise an important point I seldom see brought up or spelled out directly. The horde culture and experience and sense of honour actually demand they respond in the manner they are written to respond too. they are fitting thier cultural definition well. People are approaching them with western mindesets and standards which is more what the alliance have, and trying to spin their actions to make them plausible or make sense, but they don't nor should they - theyr'e from a different world, have a different veiw of things, andyou given a feel of what Orcish honour means.. fore.g. fighting is considered fair game in determining who has rights to a peace of land or cattle etc. Their spirituality accepts this as okay,

so it's actually morally right for them to wage war against say the elves for resources in Ashenvale because that's their culture, and the victor of the contest wins the spois and is now theirs by right almoost in "if you win the fight then the gods (or in this case the ancestors or the spirits) have determind you to be the rightfulowner) - people never focus on that, but instead try to justify using thier own western standards .... villainizing the night elves for selfishly hoarding lumber and making the orcs angry enough to have to take Ashenvale to survive 0 so they can feel good about siding with the orc or a tleast convince themselves its okay. Which isn't at all, but to orc culture, this is acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    actia;;u ues. amd upi raose am o,[prtamt [[pomt
    Well, this was enlightening.

Well, this was enlightening.
    Old Gods, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoScratcher View Post
    Wait, is Battle of Grim Batol (DotD) not in this volume?
    That is a bit odd. It feels like it would fit really well with the rest of the content.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2017-03-08 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Gods, amirite?
    The best God of all Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also found quite of curious that Dal'rend's Dark Horde seems to have been canonically renamed "True Horde". Now it really looks like Garrosh stole the name from him.
    I think Dal'Rend just CONSIDERED his Horde to be the ''True Horde''. Same with Kargath in the Shattered Halls says ''Ours is the TRUE Horde! The only Horde!''. Dal'Rends Horde was considered by everyone else as the ''Dark Horde''.