Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What's with the extra animations after firing Arcane/Cobra/etc shots? Its like an unnecessary recoil.

I still get blamed for nerfing Ret paladins
    INTO THE GROUND!

I miss the wide array of utility that classes used to have and needed to use. Even in Mists it was fun to be on the "devo aura" rotation on Thok with my Ret paladin or throwing out hand of Sac when someone got hit with something or Salv when a healer pulled aggro. It made me feel like more than just stick to hit things with.

More fishing bobbers for a dull profession. Nice.

The problem with CC is that the way CC is implemented is not, and never has been, fun or interesting.

We've always been playing a game where mages are capable of keeping one NPC sheeped for an indefinite period of time. In the early days, you had to sheep enemies to survive certain pulls, but it was a meaningless choice and simply a chore - not fun. So they got rid of that and there was no reason to sheep at all.

The answer is to fundamentally change how CC like polymorph works. The way it is used in PvP is more fun and interesting because it has a limited duration and diminishing returns. You don't start every PvP battle by sheeping and you can't just keep someone sheeped permanently.

If CC in PVE worked similarly, they could design more interesting trash encounters. Instead of the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum where you are sheeping things indefinitely and killing them one at a time, or neglecting to sheep at all, there would be a middle ground where the players are deciding when to CC and how often, especially if there are different kinds of CC. For instance, a CC that can be kept up indefinitely but requires the players to channel has some interesting trade off. A moderately long CC that costs a lot of mana or has a long cooldown. They can have other variations that affect more targets but don't last as long, etc.

Raid encounters could also be more interesting with such varied CC mechanics available. Right now CC is almost never used as a mechanic in raid encounters because, again, it's not interesting and fun for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

Yeah. No. Every group I was in was AOEing in every dungeon starting from release. It was a problem for me, well, a problem for other players, because as a rogue, AoE isn't our strong suit. I once offered to cc a mob, and got threatened with a kick. I was shocked in the first dungeon I ran, because stuff was dying do fast, I couldn't get to them in time to get any damage on the meters, I had to stealth up to them ahead of the pack with the tank to get any stabs in.
    No they did not in LFG -- and if you claim otherwise I'll straight up call you a liar. You are confused. In every other dungeon they did but then again odds are you significantly out-geared it too, which is something people often forget.

HoR, for example, had no trash until post-LK and then it was more of a gauntlet. Not everyone completed the gauntlet. I remember because there was some loot that only dropped off LK in there and we rarely even got to that part much less completed it.

PoS, for example, you couldn't get ridiculous. You didn't need to CC but you couldn't pull insanely until, wait for it, you out-geared it.

FoS wasn't too bad but the bosses themselves weren't the jokes that the other Wrath dungeons were.

In the other Wrath dungeons I could pull the trash up to, and including, the bosses. After I out-geared them. Not the ICC dungeons you seem to claim.

Notice the pattern here? It's ridiculous to out-gear something and then complain how "easy" it is. It's also dishonest.

edit: And it would be easy for you to prove me wrong. Show me youtube videos, dated accordingly, that I'm wrong. It should be a simple matter to show pre-ICC (dungeon and raid) gear and tell if they aren't in comms (it's not like people in LFG were willing to jump in comms back then, for a dungeon).
    Last edited by ElDoorO; 2017-03-07 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicode View Post
    INTO THE GROUND!
    Yeah, he really nerfed Paladins. Problem was - they really needed this nerfs. He was blamed for this just because tons of kids got used to have 3 lives (Bubble, LOH), SP from AP, that allowed them to heal to full HP via just one cast, best CC in game - stun, passive healing, debuff to enemy's stats, being just unstoppable due to Freedom, being one of the best and almost mandatory tank and healer and many other cool things. And this kids of course didn't want to play not such cheating class.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.