Hero Mastery taunts in 2.0

As you all know, Blizz is adding a lot of new stuff in heroes 2.0. One of the new features is "Hero Mastery Taunts". Master skins apparently did not adequately visually display a player's prowess with certain heroes. As a result, blizzard is now introducing fancy emotes that slightly change as you level up a hero. If you want to learn more about it: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20638785

My opinion:
    I don't like the idea of an emote symbolizing my "prowess with certain heroes" for 2 reasons:
    1. Using this emote seems a bit troll-like. If I were to use this emote after getting a kill or doing something cool, I am not showing the enemies how much time I have put into this game. I am just trolling/taunting the enemy team. I would almost put it on par with "ggez".
    2. Let's suppose that the emote was not troll-like. Is an emote an adequate way to show my prowess? Are people really going to stop mid game to use an emote just so that both teams know that you have mastery tier X with that character? (Blizzard is planning on adding 4 mastery tiers.) I am honestly not going to.

Discuss! Let's hear some opinions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

Some of the mastery skins are just awful (Sylvanas), so they do need to add SOME reward for my constant soloing of an entire lane. It does come off as a ggez, but so do the sprays (which I assume will be easier to use anyways).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

GG EZ, get butthurt all you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, don't stop mid-game and use them.

Use them with your team before the match starts for fun. That's what I do with the already in-game taunts/dances. Chromie's taunt is one of the best in the game. ^_^

Not a fan of stuff that requires me to click or otherwise initiate it. Skins and banners are good because they don't need my attention, emotes and sprays not so much, I might use them occasionally, but most of the time I'm focused on the game.

These "Mastery Taunts" are of zero interest to me :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this. This is trash in LoL and isn't used for anything bar BMing your opposition, and it'll be the same in here.
    But sprays will be used for the same thing so I suppose they just don't care anymore, atleast the limitation on chat is there still.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    If the core gameplay stays as entertaining as it is, I'm willing to graciously ignore all this Kindergarten garbage best suited for mobile games. My willingness to spend doesn't exactly get higher though...

I agree with the blue post that master skins weren't really fulfilling their purpose anyway and most people just used the skin they like. For example: How often do you see Desert Queen Zagara over her Master? Same with stuff like Pajamathur, Volleyball/Lunar Li-Ming etc. Since paid skins are going to be available for "free" in 2.0 I don't see it getting any better.

I'm not sure if a taunt is the best way to show it either though. It'd be cool if the animation is played when you lock in your hero? I'm usually not the most showy guy with titles/mounts or now skins (I use what I like, as do most people afaik), so I don't mind either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Some of the mastery skins are just awful (Sylvanas), so they do need to add SOME reward for my constant soloing of an entire lane. It does come off as a ggez, but so do the sprays (which I assume will be easier to use anyways).
    Just pointing out that you should not be solo laning with Sylv. If no one else can, sure, but that's not why you draft her, she should always be in lane with at least one other person so you can take actual advantage of her trait.

boring and trashy excuse for them to destroy the point of master skins, shame

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Just pointing out that you should not be solo laning with Sylv. If no one else can, sure, but that's not why you draft her, she should always be in lane with at least one other person so you can take actual advantage of her trait.
    It was a joke meng. I don't seriously play anyways (barely play at all really), I've never even bothered with anything outside of quick match and vs AI.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not mind it. We've had taunts in the game since Alpha, so it is not that big of a deal (I like that they added an option wheel instead of needing to type it down or using hotkeys for everything).

However, they are not a good replacement for the removal of Master skins. I prefer the Master skins over this, but I would prefer having them both in the game instead of either or.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-04-01 at 10:03 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clatratus View Post
    As you all know, Blizz is adding a lot of new stuff in heroes 2.0. One of the new features is "Hero Mastery Taunts". Master skins apparently did not adequately visually display a player's prowess with certain heroes. As a result, blizzard is now introducing fancy emotes that slightly change as you level up a hero. If you want to learn more about it: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20638785

My opinion:
    I don't like the idea of an emote symbolizing my "prowess with certain heroes" for 2 reasons:
    1. Using this emote seems a bit troll-like. If I were to use this emote after getting a kill or doing something cool, I am not showing the enemies how much time I have put into this game. I am just trolling/taunting the enemy team. I would almost put it on par with "ggez".
    2. Let's suppose that the emote was not troll-like. Is an emote an adequate way to show my prowess? Are people really going to stop mid game to use an emote just so that both teams know that you have mastery tier X with that character? (Blizzard is planning on adding 4 mastery tiers.) I am honestly not going to.

Discuss! Let's hear some opinions!
    While I fully agree with what they said about how master skins are now, expensive yet not always visually the coolest, I don't think this taunt thing is interesting.

Never used a taunt in the past, have no intention of doing so in the future.

Yeah, I don't like it; obvious visual cues are way more up my street. In the video, they show some of the visuals you get by taunting such as little sprite-like objects over your head. Maybe something like this could be used as permanent 'accessory' of sorts.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yeah, I don't like it; obvious visual cues are way more up my street. In the video, they show some of the visuals you get by taunting such as little sprite-like objects over your head. Maybe something like this could be used as permanent 'accessory' of sorts.
    There was a thread on reddit where the icon was permanently next to your healthbar, next to your portrait in draft etc. Another one suggested it popping up while you HS, stuff like that. The HotS team usually tries to listen to feedback like that so they might improve upon it.