Page 2 of 426 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    ARe you two shit posting on my spelling/grammar?
    No. I just made a prediction in mod IRC that you'd be the first poster on the thread, despite the fact you aren't in the top 10 by post count for last year.

I had an epiphany, it's also probably the only prediction I'll get right all season

YAY, new thread! I had 8th most posts in the last thread? Not sure how to feel about that.

In other football news, the Raiders have apparently secured financing to the Las Vegas stadium from Bank of America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    No. I just made a prediction in mod IRC that you'd be the first poster on the thread, despite the fact you aren't in the top 10 by post count for last year.

I had an epiphany, it's also probably the only prediction I'll get right all season
    Just out of curisosity, who did the other mods predict?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    YAY, new thread! I had 8th most posts in the last thread? Not sure how to feel about that.

In other football news, the Raiders have apparently secured financing to the Las Vegas stadium from Bank of America.
    So you could say the Raiders made bank?

I'll show myself out

10+ Year Old Account
    /me files post away.

In ACTUAL news, mark your clocks cause we are now 21 hours away from the start of legal tampering period of Free Agency (give or take 10 min).

With the money on the market and the desperation of some teams and the ridiculous quality of this draft class we might see some really unexpected things happen starting then. RUMOURS GALORE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Just out of curisosity, who did the other mods predict?
    We didn't. NG just blurted it out. I was too busy getting the posts ready to really give it much thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xskarma predicted Crissi who cheated by knowing when the thread would be up and had her post copy pasted for 5 minutes (and still had typos in it!) ready to go.

Speaking of ready to go, the Vegas vote looks set to take place end of the month.

15+ Year Old Account

Well I don't post a lot...but I am very consistent. Most of my activity is reading, I try to think when I post things. If I don't I actually try not to post thing to make it seem fun(like my prediction post for the superbowl).

But I still want the glory making it to the first page and making my mark! Us oldies from the original thread gotta step up and show you mods who's boss!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    In sadder news former Raiders guard and 2x Superbowl winner Mickey Marvin passed away today after battling with ALS, he was 61. Was a 4th round pick in 1977, played all 11 of his professional seasons for the Raiders. 108 starts in 120 games played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of ready to go, the Vegas vote looks set to take place end of the month.
    Yeah, there's an Owner's meeting 26th to 29th of March in Phoenix. Should be then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I read "Los Angeles Chargers" it turns my stomach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Most of my activity is reading, I try to think when I post things.
    Yeah, no one is going to fault you for that. There's more than a few who do the same thing, read more than post, and only post when they have some relevant thought or story or joke they want to share.

And then there's guys like me, who just post anything news worthy regardless of how much it has to do with my NFL interests, just to make sure that it's in the thread. I also usually try to engage people in conversation about NFL affairs, cause I just enjoy hearing about viewpoints from other people (hence why I'm usually so high up the post count ladder).

To each their own, I just hope we can get a nice big group of people posting for when there's exciting things going on, like Free Agency, the Draft or later on in the year, the actual games. Those are MUCH more fun to follow if lots of people give their opinion on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    True story, NG had them with a ? mark as a logo till like 3 min before the thread went live, cause he hates them. (and probably cause they don't currently have an actual official logo and NG hoped they would fix it before today)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Just think soon we'll have gone from St Louis, San Diego and Oakland to LA/LA/Vegas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    True story, NG had them with a ? mark as a logo till like 3 min before the thread went live, cause he hates them. (and probably cause they don't currently have an actual official logo and NG hoped they would fix it before today)
    The ? mark is reserved for posterity in the page 500 preview I put up on the old thread (and no one noticed it, or bothered to comment, grumble)

After their awful copycat logo I'd hoped they would have something by now, so I put up a ? placeholder as a joke.

10 minutes before we were due to post this thread, we realised the Chargers were still logoless. So the old logo is there till they come up with one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no one is going to fault you for that. There's more than a few who do the same thing, read more than post, and only post when they have some relevant thought or story or joke they want to share.

And then there's guys like me, who just post anything news worthy regardless of how much it has to do with my NFL interests, just to make sure that it's in the thread. I also usually try to engage people in conversation about NFL affairs, cause I just enjoy hearing about viewpoints from other people (hence why I'm usually so high up the post count ladder).

To each their own, I just hope we can get a nice big group of people posting for when there's exciting things going on, like Free Agency, the Draft or later on in the year, the actual games. Those are MUCH more fun to follow if lots of people give their opinion on it.
    Yeah, I lose a lot of post count because drafting/post season/etc and all that stuff means nothing to me. I don't watch any of the college stuff so I don't know any of the new players. I watch the nfl draft, but mostly I have you guys tell me what they did wrong/right.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm waiting to see what the Cowboys do in the off-season before I start getting hyped for next year. While we had decent success last season, the post season was a failure you can't ignore. Our defense has been weak for far too long and unless we can address some of the holes in the secondary and up front the odds of going deep into the postseason are pretty shit.
    Get a good draft (again) and you could be going places fast. It's loaded with edgerushers and DB's, the 2 things you need most. Hell, you could get 2 of each in the first 4 rounds and get talent like you picked in the first 2 rounds 4 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of the draft, I'm making the first of many regrettable predictions this season.

The Cleveland Browns will not only draft decently for the first time in forever, they'll absolutely nail it.

I'm not used to LA Rams, and probably will take a very long time to get used to LA Chargers. Sucks for the team and their fans.

Next couple days might get interesting with some of the rumored contracts that might happen. Glennon is rumored to be looking for 14-15 mill per year, which I guess makes sense since that would put him near the bottom of starting QBs not on rookie deals. Kind of afraid to see what some of the o-lineman or Calais Campbell are going to get. I have a feeling the Browns or 49ers are going to severely overpay multiple people, they have around $100 mill in cap space to burn through.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict the ghost of draftday past will visit Mark Davis in the night to try and persuade him to take John Ross but he will resist.

I'm seeing now Bank of America financing theoretical Vegas stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

I predict they draft a goalie and then get reminded they're playing football, not hockey.
    A goalie is a solid foundation to build on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of the draft, I'm making the first of many regrettable predictions this season.

The Cleveland Browns will not only draft decently for the first time in forever, they'll absolutely nail it.
    They have 11 selections, I think. With this many good players in this draft, it's kind of hard to not get out some quality players.

The NFLN crew were already recounting stories about how people around the Combine had mused that we might look back on this draft in 5 years and be amazed by how many good players came out.

I'm honestly legitimately pissed that we lost a 4th rounder this year, cause there's likely going to be top 60 player quality available still then at certain positions. I thought I was passed Deflategate, but it flared up again when I realized what kind of quality player we were missing out on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict they draft a goalie and then get reminded they're playing football, not hockey.
    They have 5 picks in the first 65, that's one every 13.

That's five picks before anyone gets their third in. With such a variety of talent at different positions in this draft, they can build a squad from scratch between this and FA and develop it over the next few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting to see what the Cowboys do in the off-season before I start getting hyped for next year. While we had decent success last season, the post season was a failure you can't ignore. Our defense has been weak for far too long and unless we can address some of the holes in the secondary and up front the odds of going deep into the postseason are pretty shit.
    It's all still talk, but there's still the "Romo could stay here" stuff, and DeMarcus Ware wants to come back. I'm up for either barring money issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly legitimately pissed that we lost a 4th rounder this year, cause there's likely going to be top 60 player quality available still then at certain positions. I thought I was passed Deflategate, but it flared up again when I realized what kind of quality player we were missing out on.
    If it's any consolation, it wasn't your pick in the first place, least you get a backup one, and still go before the Giants.