10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Deathrich Wise apparently got kneed in the head by a team mate and is out for the game with a head injury. That usually means concussion and I think we are at a point where players with concussions is not something you just shrug off. Hope he can recover soon and make an impact in the rest of the pre-season.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, this game has at least given us this gem:

Defense (back ups and back ups to the back ups) has made some boneheaded mistakes this evening, leading to that ^.

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO:

Kony Ealy is getting snaps when this game has been a lot of rookies and bubble players and is slowly going into roster filler. Not a positive sign for him.

- - - Updated - - -

"Glennon finished 2-for-8 for 20 yards with no touchdowns, the pick-six and a 0.0 passer rating. Trubisky led the Bears right down the field to a touchdown on his first series"

Bears "starting QB" Mike Glennon not exactly having a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Glennon. At least Trubisky looks decent so far, and Sanchez didnt butt fumble so thats better than Glennon in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turbisky has impressed me. Needs some better footwork, but hitting receivers in stride.

Trubisky is looking good, but he is also going against Denver's 3rd string defense. He has had some good sideline throws for sure though. Looks much much much better than Glennon.

Lynch has been uhhh... special against the Bears back-ups (and I assume 3rd string too, I don't know their players).

Kick returns are going to scare me this year it looks like. Catching the ball is still an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some thoughts:

Jimmy had a slow start and then got better and better as the night wore on. He should beat up on the Jags, even if he was playing with a pretty much full back up cast, and he did.

Brissett is probably not a starting QB in the NFL. He's had a year in the system and he seems to have command of the huddle and at the line, but when he needs to make throws he's just pretty wildly inaccurate at times. We'll see what he does the rest of the preseason, but I wasn't impressed.

In general pretty much none of the players I hoped would make an impact did and quite a few who needed to be at least solid made terrible mistakes, against a team that's likely not going to be very good and against players that are likely clinging to a job on that bad team.

Jordan Richards was woeful, Cyrus Jones made rookie mistakes, Elandon Roberts looked lost if he wasn't just exploding through a gap to blow up a run. All 3 of those guys were in line to have definite back up minutes on this team if they just did their jobs. They clearly didn't.

I'm now kind of worried about our depth at safety. Richards had some awful plays today, was already inactive for most of the year last year but *gulp* he's basically our 4th safety and the first back up behind Patrick Chung.

For all our depth at CB, what we desperately need right now is an URFA Safety to make a strong impression in the coming weeks or we might end up in real trouble if there's an injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of any reason to watch preseason Saints football, so I'm not.

I'm gonna see plenty of the 3rd and 4th string defensive players once the season starts and everybody else gets injured, so no need to check 'em out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Wilfork retired a Patriot today. I know I am biased, but I feel while the "numbers" don't put him in the Hall of Fame, anyone who know's what role he played know he was one of the best ever at his position and should be in Canton one day.
    There have only been 5-6 stud NTs the past 25 years and 4 were Hurricanes. Wilfork is definitely a hall of famer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I don;t know what the fuck they are doing wth the camera work, but that was awful.
    Preseason for them, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Best part of preseason so far was the Canes Fam reaction to Jamal Carter recovering that fumble, they were all like "oh, so NOW you want to recover a fumble? fuck you, bro" lmao That stems from him having 2 very clear chances to recover a fumble at the goalline vs Notre Dame that we lost like 4 seconds later.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Billy Winn likely has a torn ACL. Really not good for DL depth considering both the 2 and 3 NTs are hurt and one of the DEs is playing OLB because of injuries there.

There are fans and media pushing for Kyle Sloter to get 2nd team reps over Lynch now. He looked way better than Lynch, but part of that was the defense he went against. How patient he was with his reads was actually impressive though. On his TD pass he didn't even look down the middle until he threw it to McKenzie. He will stay the #3, but probably played himself onto a team somewhere if Denver doesn't keep 3 QBs.

Even though it felt like all of his runs were called back because of holding, De'Angelo Henderson was impressive. Crazy fast and was making guys miss constantly. He was one of the players that was making a good impression in camp (along with McKenzie) so hopefully he gets some reps against 1s and 2s next week to see how he does there after last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeke suspended 6 games.

Fuck the NFL.

I intend on boycotting the whole season. Which also means getting someone else to do fantasy league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, fuck the NFL. Shame
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Trades!

Rams get Sammy Watkins and 6th round pick, seems like an overpay since they gave up a corner and a 2nd rounder
    Eagles get CB Darby
    Bills get Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick

I like it for the Bills, they swap a corner and a receiver for a different corner and a receiver while picking up a 2nd and a 3rd and only giving up a 6th

It is kind of a weird move for the Bills unless they just wanted draft picks because Darby is better than Gaines by a decent amount and still had a year before his contract was up. Basically swapping Watkins for Matthews makes sense, they aren't going to give Watkins another contract and he has injury concerns. Plus side for Watkins is no more Rick Dennison too.

10+ Year Old Account
    "After reviewing the totality of the evidence, the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division is declining to approve criminal charges in this matter for any of the 5 alleged incidents. This is primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges."

FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Zeke suspended 6 games.

Fuck the NFL.

I intend on boycotting the whole season. Which also means getting someone else to do fantasy league.

It'll get appealed down to 2 games.

NFL wants to suspend him for whatever reasons, so they toss out 6 knowing it'll be appealed. That way they can "appear" to be magnanimous and drop it to 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    "After reviewing the totality of the evidence, the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division is declining to approve criminal charges in this matter for any of the 5 alleged incidents. This is primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges."

FYI.
    And thats why it'll get dropped to 2 games.

To be clear he should never have been suspended in the first place, however Goodell has a hard on to suspend him. So here we are...
    Last edited by babalou1; 2017-08-11 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Trades!

Rams get Sammy Watkins and 6th round pick, seems like an overpay since they gave up a corner and a 2nd rounder
    Eagles get CB Darby
    Bills get Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick

I like it for the Bills, they swap a corner and a receiver for a different corner and a receiver while picking up a 2nd and a 3rd and only giving up a 6th
    Bills cleaning house. That's 2 guys with potential they let go, in addition to those who already walked in the offseason (Gilmore, Gillislee and others). Players they get back do not have the same ceiling that those they let go have.

I'm going to assume this has more to do with the Bills wanting to instill their culture and getting rid of the old guard's toys (and possibly malcontents). I'm also assuming that this means the Bills are okay with not going anywhere this year and trying to build for the future.

In that regard they are doing really well (compared to say the Jets) cause they have a boatload of high end picks in stock. Bills could be making noise in a year or 2.

Zeke suspended 6 games.

Fuck the NFL.

Come on. You'll never hear me say that people shouldn't complain about what the league office does, but boycotting is a bit far isn't it?

I'm sure there will be leaks about what was found and what the league punished him for precisely and I'm DEFINITELY sure that he'll appeal it. This is far from over and sadly this is just part of the NFL now.

The league is damned if they do and damned if they don't with Domestic Violence and they seem very much intending to not have a huge public backlash on it again by making the wrong choice. Elliot is not some innocent baby in this. They seem to have in this case made a thorough investigation and let a panel or reviewers give a recommendation. This wasn't so much the league doing what it wanted, this was with all kinds of advice and cooperation.

You are most welcome to join the club of League Office Haters United, but boycotting over this seems a bit dramatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL released their statement already. They pretty much said it was for the DV thing, even though there was a lot of conflicting evidence. If there was as much evidence as stated, Elliot would have been criminally charged. So I say it's a bunch of bullshit to justify going overboard. If the NFL can't get it right, they need to stop trying to period.

And I stand by my boycot thing. The NFL is clearly incapable of doing discipline correctly, so why the fuck would I give them views? 6 games is stupidly excessive.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 games is stupidly excessive.
    The NFL never wanted a situation like the Ray Rice thing again. And they are completely right in not wanting one. Domestic Violence should be stamped out everywhere. If that means the league hits players who commit it 6 games, then so be it. I'd rather have players get removed from the game if they commit Domestic Violence then them getting 10 games or a year suspension over using Marijuana.

League punishment is just harsh by default. That was the whole thing Goodell got hired on and why he went after the Patriots so hard with Spygate. He's been like this all the time.

Not to call you out on it, but you are upset with the league not cause it's harsh, but because it's YOUR player this time that gets hit by it and not Martavius Bryant, Tom Brady or Josh Gordon or the guys that got hit on the Saints.

The league has just always gone overboard with harsh punishment and this is just the next in a long line of them. It's always been like this and given that Goodell has now gone after popular players on 2 of the most important teams with 2 of the most influential owners should tell you that he likely has support around the league (read: owners) to do what he is doing.

I don't think anything will change, boycott or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be for it if there wasn't a shit ton of conflicting evidence showing the girl did it to herself. That's why I'm angry, not that it happened to my player.

Like when I got super angry at Lucky getting cut. He very clearly didn't do it but they used it as an excuse to cut him right then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the difference here is there's no video of anything happening, but there IS evidence that the woman set it up to lie. If the actual cops did not pursue criminal charges due to conflicting evidence, what does the NFL have to conclude that something happened? That's all I want to know.