10+ Year Old Account

Bennett speaks out against Seattle Times. There is some reason for this. Matt is very disliked among fans and players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a fair article that gave him plenty of praise but called him out for being a media-hostile baby, and he responds by being a media-hostile baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Seems like a fair article that gave him plenty of praise but called him out for being a media-hostile baby, and he responds by being a media-hostile baby.
    Hes known for clickbait shit that gives seattle times a really bad rep with seahawks fans. Its a shame, because the beat writers there are really good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just here so I won't get fined?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    "Roger Goodell is expected to tell NFL owners group celebrations, using ball as prop after TDs, going to ground, snow angels are now allowed."

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...36322409717760

Well then. The "Not Too Much But A Tiny Bit of Fun League" maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Roger Goodell is expected to tell NFL owners group celebrations, using ball as prop after TDs, going to ground, snow angels are now allowed."

As far as celebrations go that seems to be about all of them. Not sure what is left that isn't allowed?
    Ideally they would just change the rules to state any celebration that doesn’t interfere with the opposing team, lasts fewer than 10 seconds, and is appropriate for a family viewing experience is allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 min overtime rules approved. Hopefully it stimulates teams to be more aggressive in OT, instead of the more likely out come of forcing more ties and potentially creating a new OT game where the team that wins the toss tries to milk clock if they get into FG position early and creates an unfair environment where the second team doesn't have enough time to get down field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    As far as celebrations go that seems to be about all of them. Not sure what is left that isn't allowed?
    Ideally they would just change the rules to state any celebration that doesn’t interfere with the opposing team, lasts fewer than 10 seconds, and is appropriate for a family viewing experience is allowed.
    Then you get things like TO using a sharpie to sign the ball or that same TO throwing popcorn into his helm and god knows what other nonsense players would get up to with props outside of the ball. They'd definitely have to ban props from being used as well.

- - - Updated - - -

HoF Defensive lineman Cortez Kennedy passed away at the age of 48. No details but seemingly nothing suspicious.

I assume the old guard/Seahawks fans will know who he was. Reading his accolades, he was something special, that's for sure. First-team All-Pro three times, defensive player of the year award in 1992 and on the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 1990s, and enshrined in the HoF in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's left? Clearly using a charity thing as a prop, ala jumping into a giant Salvation Army bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

David Irving failed a drug test. Likely to face suspension. Linked to some kind of supplement

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooks' arrow shooting is still illegal. Goal post dunks are probably still under delay-of-game and illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like every year we lose a former player too young. Bad week to of grown up in Seattle in the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk got some changes to his contract. Can now make something like 5M more based on incentives and playing time. He was scheduled to make 5.25 Million and can now make 10.75 Million if he reaches all of the incentives.

Patriots didn't have to do it, even had no reason to do it, given his injury last year, yet still kept him happy by doing him a solid deal for this year (probably looking forward to next year when a contract extension would make more sense, especially if he stays healthy). VERY rare, not just for the Patriots but in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk got some changes to his contract. Can now make something like 5M more based on incentives and playing time. He was scheduled to make 5.25 Million and can now make 10.75 Million if he reaches all of the incentives.

Patriots didn't have to do it, even had no reason to do it, given his injury last year
    The injury last year is what makes it easy for them to do this, since most of the incentives would be categorized as unlikely to be earned, they would roll on to the 2018 cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was scheduled to make 5.25 Million
    That seems extremely low. Then again we are paying Graham 10m/yr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    That seems extremely low. Then again we are paying Graham 10m/yr.
    Gronk got a long deal which at the time was a nice deal for a budding star. I looked back and it made Gronk the highest paid TE in the NFL by some margin when he signed it. Just the NFL has changed and Gronk has gotten even better so looking at it now, it seems ridiculous that he "only" makes about 5M.

Anyone else think players on teams are gonna pre practice endzone celebrations on their own time?

side note go colts
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Anyone else think players on teams are gonna pre practice endzone celebrations on their own time?

side note go colts
    Like they don't do that already.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Considering Pat McAfee's story of the vanishing penalty flag, I think it's a sure thing they practice them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Considering Pat McAfee's story of the vanishing penalty flag, I think it's a sure thing they practice them.
    Speaking of Pat, I fully agree with his reaction here:

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...12859202375680

Seriously Browns, for every move you make that makes me go "Okay, you may be on to something here" you go and do a thing like this. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Michael Bennett most likely does.

Speaking of Pat, I fully agree with his reaction here:

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...12859202375680

Seriously Browns, for every move you make that makes me go "Okay, you may be on to something here" you go and do a thing like this. >.<
    One step forward two steps back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post

side note go colts
    Oh, I'm already excited by the prospect of the first 2 or 3 weeks of the season and the celebrations we will see. I definitely think some players will get teammates involved and do some kind of act or routine they figured out after practice. Hell, even pre-season should be cool with all the young guys and the unlikely to make the NFL guys trying to get their celebrations in while they can.

Schefter tweeted out yesterday I think that we were on the Hump Day of the NFL off season, exactly 104 days after the Superbowl and exactly 104 days before opening day. Can't get here soon enough.