10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, the difference here is there's no video of anything happening, but there IS evidence that the woman set it up to lie. If the actual cops did not pursue criminal charges due to conflicting evidence, what does the NFL have to conclude that something happened? That's all I want to know.
    John Mara was pushing for this. Dude is a piece of work.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The NFL never wanted a situation like the Ray Rice thing again. And they are completely right in not wanting one. Domestic Violence should be stamped out everywhere.
    Id be all for it. Kick them out of the league for that shit.

However, with Ray Rice you had this thing called evidence.

There is so much evidence showing that SHE set it up, yet they still punished him for it. Thats why this is so stupid.

Yes it will be appealed. Yes it will be knocked down to 2 from 6 (or 0 games suspended) but it shouldnt have needed to be appealed in the first place. It should not have happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills cleaning house. That's 2 guys with potential they let go, in addition to those who already walked in the offseason (Gilmore, Gillislee and others). Players they get back do not have the same ceiling that those they let go have.
    Better to have the picks, unless people thought the Bills might do something this year. Run McCoy into the ground, cut him when he's all used up, build from picks, no more Brady in the division, makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the big trade today, the Bills will have two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds in the draft next year. Add that to the fact they probably weren't going to resign Watkins, and they probably just made out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Is there going to be another fantasy football league or two this yaer. I think I finsihed last and close to last. I need some redemption.
    Of course! There must be Fantasy Football it's a tradition!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If @Alae doesn't appear soon, I'll set it up
    Hello! and thank you!

Zeke suspended 6 games.

Fuck the NFL.

I intend on boycotting the whole season. Which also means getting someone else to do fantasy league.
    Wow what a difference a few days makes... I'm sure your response is a 100% reactionary and as discussed the sentance will probably be reduced but those are some strong feelings if you plan to boycot the entire NFL season, and Fantasy season for that matter. Sure it sucks to lose Zeke for a while but not sure I'd feel as strongly in your shoes. (Though I am an Eagles fan)

Anyway... Yes I will setup another MMOChamp Fantasy League, however full disclosure, I am not sure how invested I am this season, I was thinking about stepping down to just be a participant and I thought maybe someone else would like to step up... Anyway we'll see what happens

On topic now... I just wanted to say thank you to Jordan Matthews! He serves the Eagles well and I wish him the best of luck with continuing his career whereever that might take him. I was at this game and saw the eagles win, the only NFL game I've been so far able to attend and it will always be one of my fondest memories! Thanks JMatt!
    Fantasy Football on MMO Champion!
    2018 -- 2017 -- 2016 -- 2015 -- 2014 -- 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sorry about the reactionary stuff. I just have a very strong passion about stuff being fair, and I have a fundamental disagreement with "not enough evidence for criminal, but enough to ruin your life civilly" crap.

If you wanna step down and just be a participant, I'll run it then @Alae. Only fair after all you e done

Also pay no mind to the sick woman who lost her senses.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-08-12 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot the Chiefs got CJ Spiller. Doesn't matter though, this game started with Alex Smith throwing to Tyreek Hill, so it's like a regular season game. Mahomes will play eventually.

Yeah sorry about the reactionary stuff. I just have a very strong passion about stuff being fair, and I have a fundamental disagreement with "not enough evidence for criminal, but enough to ruin your life civilly" crap.

If you wanna step down and just be a participant, I'll run it then @Alae. Only fair after all you e done

Also pay no mind to the sick woman who lost her senses.
    That's ok, now that I've started doing some setup and prep I'm actually getting hyped for this season.. However if you're happy to help out and share the load maybe we can co-organise?

For anyone interested I am hoping to get the Fantasy thread up this weekend, possibly in a few hours depending on how productive I am. I'll send out a PM to people who've participated recently in the past to give you guys first dibs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    That's ok, now that I've started doing some setup and prep I'm actually getting hyped for this season.. However if you're happy to help out and share the load maybe we can co-organise?

For anyone interested I am hoping to get the Fantasy thread up this weekend, possibly in a few hours depending on how productive I am. I'll send out a PM to people who've participated recently in the past to give you guys first dibs.
    Good. I'm off this weekend so I can call dibs. Just gotta get rid of this headache I've had since yesterday morning.

Also, getting sick of this game getting switched back and forth between it and Steelers/Giants. Don't care. Just wanna watch the Chiefs, and maybe Reuben Foster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post

yeah, I'd be happy to help out!

Anyways Im calmer now. Morris is a decent backup if Zeke does have to serve all 6 games, and we only face the Giants once during the 6 game stretch. McFadden too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least with Zeke getting suspended it may be the thing that gets Goodell repealed and replaced. Though I highly doubt Zeke will be missing any games this season from being suspended. Expect a lengthy appeal process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, NFL network is retarded. Cutting back and forth between two games, going to commericial during a drive, cutting to the end of one game when they're just running out the clock.

- - - Updated - - -

Mahomes time.

The Fantasy Football thread is now live over here...

Hope to see you all again and good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Robert Aguayo missed an extra point. Dude's gonna lose his job really fast.

TENNNESSEE TITANS ALL THE WAY

Jets are ezy Mofos

Lets do it in Nashville

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kicker news: The #Bucs have released former 2nd round pick Roberto Aguayo after last night's misses."

And so ends the tragic tale of the kicker selected in the 2nd round. I assume he'll potentially get a shot in try outs in a few places, but it's going to take a miracle for this guy to resurrect his career.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and thats why you dont waste your 2nd round pick on kickers

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kicker news: The #Bucs have released former 2nd round pick Roberto Aguayo after last night's misses."

And so ends the tragic tale of the kicker selected in the 2nd round. I assume he'll potentially get a shot in try outs in a few places, but it's going to take a miracle for this guy to resurrect his career.
    kickers are fungible, he will probably get a shot again

- - - Updated - - -

...and thats why you dont waste your 2nd round pick on kickers
    no, thats why you better get your kicker in round 1 before you're stuck with bums like this guy!

Wolfe was carted off in practice today after Billy Winn was put on IR for a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. Yay for another season with d-line injuries.

It is strange for Aguayo to struggle that much after not at all in college since kicker is probably the least changed position between the 2. Then again, the position is mostly mental and being a 2nd round pick he might have been thinking too hard and getting in his own head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Wolfe was carted off in practice today after Billy Winn was put on IR for a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. Yay for another season with d-line injuries.

It is strange for Aguayo to struggle that much after not at all in college since kicker is probably the least changed position between the 2. Then again, the position is mostly mental and being a 2nd round pick he might have been thinking too hard and getting in his own head.
    Should actually be easier in the pros with the hash marks closer together.