Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    We are the LEADERS of the Galaxy that we know of it and we are running around daily killing shit mobs for stoopid RNGesus lootz.
    Yeah, this has me frustrated the most. Like...WE HAVE A ROBOT FLEET/ARMY, WHY THE FUCK ARE WE DOING ANYTHING BEYOND SENDING OUR MINIONS OUT TO DO EVERYTHING FOR US!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This can be what you get when you ask for a "free" game...or make devs make the game "free" and people believe it truly is.
    The game had even more issues at launch when it was a P2P game, and those issues persisted up until it transitioned to F2P. F2P actually bloody saved this game from the same fate WAR was left with - being abandoned and left in maintenance mode with its sub still on for years until the license runs out and they can close it down.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..it is business and YOU decide if it works out for them. They are not grabbing anything from you, you are freely handing it over.
    Being a F2P game doesn't somehow protect them from criticism of their business model or how they continue to monetize the game.

So here is the latest from Eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...40#edit9273240

The faction you choose has no effect at all outside of Iokath. It only impacts story choices in the Iokath storyline (and future stories) and some gameplay impacts on Iokath.

So outside of this 'magical' outside of space/time you can choose to be who you want to be. But the momentyou LEAVE the planet you are who you were. WTF is this.... a throwback to Total Recall?
    I heard a decent explanation, in that each planet is sorta "frozen in time" and independent of all other story-related developments in the game (something not terribly uncommon in MMO's). And really, that's how it plays out. So Iokath is just the furthest along in the linear timeline that is the story of the game.

It's still an awkward solution, at least they're making an attempt to get the story back on track after its little daytime soap opera family drama excursion.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-05 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I heard a decent explanation, in that each planet is sorta "frozen in time" and independent of all other story-related developments in the game (something not terribly uncommon in MMO's). And really, that's how it plays out. So Iokath is just the furthest along in the linear timeline that is the story of the game.

It's still an awkward solution, at least they're making an attempt to get the story back on track after its little daytime soap opera family drama excursion.
    So essentially Swtor has gone Multiverse? I mean, I can see how that would work in games that are single planet and stuff. But in a Galaxy spanning game where planets are part of the overall Galaxy, having each one 'frozen in time' just dont fit. I guess as you say, they cannot make it somewhat realistic but..........

Well I will play it out and then take a break for a while. University studies and gaming dont mix well for me lol.

So essentially Swtor has gone Multiverse? I mean, I can see how that would work in games that are single planet and stuff. But in a Galaxy spanning game where planets are part of the overall Galaxy, having each one 'frozen in time' just dont fit. I guess as you say, they cannot make it somewhat realistic but..........

Well I will play it out and then take a break for a while. University studies and gaming dont mix well for me lol.
    Not multiverse really, that's just the way that it sorta plays out. It's not really any different than any other MMO, where zones are essentially "locked in time" no matter what is happening around them as the story progresses.

He is trying to say that no matter what happens in the galaxy, every planet has its own storyline. For example, if you play imps and first arrive on Balmorra it is almost under empire control, you have to just suppress the resistance forces. However, playing rep character tells you a story AFTER imperial storyline, when empire buildings are already in ruins and your role is to kill remaining imperial forces. At the same time you might encounter enemy faction players which are intended to be a few years before\after your arrival.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to see all of this happening, because if any of the RPGs get made with the Star Wars license this game's stranglehold on a KoR like experience is going to go away. I would have been a bit more dedicated about making this the definitive experience for Star Wars given the resurgence of popularity from the movies.
    BAD WOLF

So here is the latest from Eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...40#edit9273240

The faction you choose has no effect at all outside of Iokath. It only impacts story choices in the Iokath storyline (and future stories) and some gameplay impacts on Iokath.

So outside of this 'magical' outside of space/time you can choose to be who you want to be. But the momentyou LEAVE the planet you are who you were. WTF is this.... a throwback to Total Recall?
    I think it's a poor attempt to entice PVP on iokath.

Try to give people a reason to do it and pretend they are on the other side. I know I have heard gamers say they would love the ability to defect to the other side over the years.

This however isn't the way I would have ever envisioned them doing it but I should have known better. Doing it this was takes a lot less effort than making it a real defect type option all over the game and thats what swtor and bw does these days. Whatever takes little effort and money.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    So this is a little of topic, I played a while ago and my sith inquis became emp or whatever with the death of the old emp, what story did they add onto it so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I rather they waited a few more months and release the entire zone story and complete operation at once than doing it like this, but i understand their reasoning.

It's good to see them releasing more group content though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    So this is a little of topic, I played a while ago and my sith inquis became emp or whatever with the death of the old emp, what story did they add onto it so far?
    a lot :P, it goes a bit crazy in the latest expansions.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    a lot :P, it goes a bit crazy in the latest expansions.

I might pay a month of sub to play everything then just unsub again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I might pay a month of sub to play everything then just unsub again.
    Everything they added is not character class specific though like the 1-50 story, it's faction specific for the Makeb stuff and then after that varies very little, if at all, regardless of your faction or character class.

7+ Year Old Account
    The patch was delayed a week, they wanted extra time to iron out bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The patch was delayed a week, they wanted extra time to iron out bugs.
    I feel pretty confident that was just an excuse and/or just a lie.

They have already told us they are going to SW Celebration as on one night they have the open bar cantina thing they do while there.

To cancel it one day before it was to launch, I'm more inclined to believe they do not have confidence in the patch at this point but not because they want to make it better. There not even going to be in the office to make it better. It's because they do not want to be out of the office right after putting the patch out. Not be out of the office when shit hits the fan.

Push out the patch next week and after SW celebration they can at least be around when the same problems arise that always come when bw puts out a patch. bw isn't getting any work done this week on the patch. You can bet on that.

This was moved so they could hit SW celebration and not have to worry about issues while there all partying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was pretty crappy, to announce the delay of a week less then 24yrs before it was going to drop. If they knew that glaring problems still existed they should have announced it on the Friday before.