Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 7.2 - Removing Secondary Traits from Relics, PTR Build, Druid Class Mount

World Boss - Flotsam, Mists of Pandaria Timewalking, Gul'dan Raid Finder Open

Removing Secondary Traits from Relics
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the next PTR build, you’ll see that we’ve replaced the final Order Hall research (which caused relics to gain a second trait at random) with one that grants a chance for Artifact Power rewards from World Quests to be doubled.

We’re doing this for a few reasons, the largest of which being that we simply weren’t satisfied with the current state of the system. There were several rough edges, including a few which were pointed out by your feedback. While these issues could be solved, we weren’t confident we could do so in a way that meets our standards in time for 7.2, so we’d rather shelve the idea for now.

That said, we definitely feel that there’s more that can be done with relics, and are discussing some possible ideas for a future Legion update. We don’t have anything to share just yet, but it’s something we’re thinking about. Thanks again for all the feedback on this topic!

PTR Build Deploy 3/7/2017
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Greetings all,
    We'll be bringing down the PTR realms in order to deploy a new 7.2.0 build. No ETA for today's push but I'll ping this thread if things look like they're going to take longer than usual (4-6 hours).

As always, I'll leave this thread open for discussion so long as conversations remain civil and adhere to forum guidelines.

Thanks!

Druid Class Mount Issues
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Quick heads up about a change you'll be seeing in the next build.

We've found a few issues, and we're going to need to temporarily remove the Archdruid's Lunarwing Form from the mount journal. The option to change the look of your flight form will be available as an NPC in your class hall, operating similarly to the Glyph of the Sentinel.

We're working on getting a solution to you as soon as we can, apologies and thanks!

Also, since we're here, if you prefer it this way, please let us know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess we just saved 35k Order Resources lol, chance for 2x AP from fucking WORLDQUESTS, so fucking useless.

Does this mean they removed the secondary relic bonus from the game?

Not sure how to feel about the relic change yet. Could be good since it's less of an rngfest but I was honestly looking forward to having some exciting relic combos. The AP replacement seems just underwhelming tho.

Does this mean they removed the secondary relic bonus from the game? It definately is not worth 30k Orderhall Resources for double AP if it is the last tier I will be skipping it personally it is a scam of a research IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cubcake View Post
    Not sure how to feel about the relic change yet. Could be good since it's less of an rngfest but I was honestly looking forward to having some exciting relic combos. The AP replacement seems just underwhelming tho.

It's kind of a double edged sword. You're either excited you got a crap relic that has a good secondary or pissed you got a good relic with a crap secondary.

The endgame for them would be hunting the bis relics still with the best possible secondary, a little too RNG for me.

Blizzard doing blizzard stuff... sure, "shelf" that idea because i'm sure it might be relevant in the future when we're done with our artifact weapons.

So now we can mindlessly replace relics solely based off ilvl? hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Guess we just saved 35k Order Resources lol, chance for 2x AP from fucking WORLDQUESTS, so fucking useless.
    Duh, depends on the chance, doesn't it? Don't forget the new 50 point paragon trait isn't going to max itself.

How about add in 3 "minor relics" that just add a talent level and no iLvl?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duh, depends on the chance, doesn't it? Don't forget the new 50 point paragon trait isn't going to max itself.
    Chance 100%, still useless.
    And yes it's gonna max itself
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Not happy with this because knowing them, it'll still be some RNG fuckfest when they decide to re-implement it, meaning even more farming for the good relics. This was, in my opinion, going to be an exciting feature of 7.2.

RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad they've changed their minds on it -- for now, anyway. This expansion really doesn't need more RNG.

I don't think its replacement is as terrible others are making it out to be, either. Maybe it's not all that great for mains (and I don't like it being a "chance"), but could be useful for alts or those who are late-comers.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Oblesidon the Kingslayer View Post
    That would likely depend on the class that you are playing. A few weeks ago I shelf'd my Hunter to raid on the Rogue, and all the guides that I've read point to the best relics still being worth an extra 15 to 20 item levels.

I was really looking forward to the secondary traits. They might make a comeback with the Argus patch.

*sigh* I guess I have to keep farming Xavius for Wrath of the Ashbringer relics.

For those that don't know, for fire relics for ret paladins, the BiS trait only comes from Shade of Xavius in DHT and Xavius in EN.

I was really looking forward to the double traits not only as a spike in player power, (which is always fun) but also as a way to have a chance at BiS relics outside of very specific instances.

It sucks even more that it was replaced with a chance for WQ AP to Titanforge. Removing an actual good system to add more RNG.

If this is the last Tier for the Ordehall upgrading then I will be skiping it not worth 30k Resources for a 5% chance to double AP on a token
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Glad they've changed their minds on it -- for now, anyway. This expansion didn't need more RNG.

I don't think its replacement is as terrible others are making it out to be, either. Maybe it's not all that great for mains (and I don't like it being a "chance"), but could be useful for alts or those who are late-comers.
    The double traits actually meant less RNG cancer for a lot of specs. As a ret paladin, all my damage traits are pretty close to each other, except bonus Crusade duration, which is twice as good as other traits. Without this change, I am stuck farming Xavius, Chronomatic Anomaly, DHT and BRH for the rest of the goddamn expansion. With the double traits, any fire/holy relic would at least have a chance of having my BiS trait, instead of being guaranteed vendor trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    If this is the last Tier for the Ordehall upgrading then I will be skiping it not worth 30k Resources for a 5% chance to double AP on a token
    Where are you getting 5% from? Blizzard is not THAT greedy, it will probably be more along the lines of 30%-50%.

Personally, I'd rather see something like 30% to double, 10% to triple, 3% to quadruple...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The double traits actually meant less RNG cancer for a lot of specs. As a ret paladin, all my damage traits are pretty close to each other, except bonus Crusade duration, which is twice as good as other traits. Without this change, I am stuck farming Xavius, Chronomatic Anomaly, DHT and BRH for the rest of the goddamn expansion. With the double traits, any fire/holy relic would at least have a chance of having my BiS trait, instead of being guaranteed vendor trash.
    Not really. If you have BIS traits then you focus on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblesidon the Kingslayer View Post
    Blizzard wants the main factor of what's an upgrade or not to be ilvl. So, yes. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we go back to main stat, stamina, and crit as the lone secondary stat next expansion to achieve this.