Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Should BM legendaries get nerfed?

Seems to me the mantle and belt legendaries for BM are quite a bit better than the other options. For the sake of balance do you think they should be nerfed to be a bit more in line with the rest? I just don't see why someone who is lucky enough to get both of them should have such a huge advantage over the have nots. Especially since it is a very real possibility that you may not ever get either one.

From the last Q&A regarding the mantle specifically: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129089429?t=29m15s
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-03-16 at 09:49 PM.

Pretty sure the belt already got nerfed once and the shoulders came out with all the nerfs that happened to others so it's fine to blizzard. In other words hell no it's not like him is the top spec even with them.
    Last edited by Uko; 2017-03-08 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Autocorrect ftl

Deleted
    If shoulders get nerfed BM will not do any damage

If the belt is nerfed anymore (it was already nerfed once), it will just become a stat stick. At some point, taking only 2 or 3 focus off an ability is meaningless because it won't net you an extra Kill Command in the BW window. Also, in 7.2 everyone will get focus reduction on cobra shot which is a big part of the belt. This will possibly make the belt less valuable relative to the others (it'll still be good).

Not sure how you nerf 1 charge of dire beast without completely redesigning the shoulders. But I'd be OK if they made 2 charges baseline and changed the shoulders to something else. This is highly unlikely for 7.2, and by the time 7.3 rolls around most raiding BM hunters will probably have shoulders through process of elimination at the current drop rates.

COTW could be brought back to 50% for BM spec, but the new Thunderslash trait in 7.2 will make these a bit more valuable. Apex was probably over nerfed... bringing it back to 7-8% would probably be a good balance. I don't expect either to change though.
    Last edited by BendakWoW; 2017-03-08 at 06:51 AM.

I'm afraid you're right. I'm just in denial I suppose. This shit isn't balanced. Guess it isn't priority

Oddly the shoulders are outrageously OP(I have them) but you can't nerf them as their bonus is entirely binary. The only option is to completely rework them which is highly unlikely unless as Bendak said, they put 2 charges baseline.

This is a case of a legendary just completing changing how the spec plays and feels, its too good not to have and the fact they overnerfed all other options just compounds this fact. I'm using mantle/boots and have no desire for any other legendaries at this time for BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    If shoulders get nerfed BM will not do any damage
    I got rank one on mythic anomoaly as bm without the shoulders, and kept it for a full week.
    Shoulders are strong, but they do not make or break the spec.

Its not "oh my damage is so low, if only I had these I would be good" ; if your bad without chances are you will be bad with.

Sadly, their design philosophy is, as Lore said: "Similarly, if your spec sucks without a particular legendary, then that legendary also needs to be fixed to not be so impactful.". Meaning: they'll find a way to break the Memetle and ensure BM remains shit rather than fixing the base spec.

2 charges of Dire Beast is a much needed change to BM: it fixes so many of the specs issues in one go. However, Blizzard very foolishly put this on a legendary so the majority of BM hunters will never see it. So we fit the "spec sucks without a particular legendary" category.

The IDEAL fix would be to make the 2 charges baseline and find something else for the Memetle to do. Perhaps rename it to something more fitting while making it buff Cobra Shot in some way? None of the legendaries for BM buff Cobra Shot directly.

However, we all know when Blizzard is faced with a choice between a quick, bandaid fix and a proper, comprehensive fix, they will choose the bandaid any day of the week. Here that means nerfing Memetle in some way.

Shoulder is OP because it work sooo well with both 2 and 4 set.

It will change when we use T20.

Two DB charges should be baseline, and the shoulders should get a completely new effect.
    Their effect on performance is significantly higher than pretty much every other BM legendary and it fixes a design flaw (making something proc right before it would be up again). And you cannot easily numbertune a legendary that gives a second charge like you could with the other legendaries that offer percentage based benefits.

ugh no..? the spec is utter garbage without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    Shoulder is OP because it work sooo well with both 2 and 4 set.

It will change when we use T20.
    also no it wont. unless the new set bonus is much better than this one we will still use t19. we will just need titan forged pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    ugh no..? the spec is utter garbage without them.
    also no it wont. unless the new set bonus is much better than this one we will still use t19. we will just need titan forged pieces.
    Chances are they will just break the set bonus somehow. Otherwise as you say, you'd have people just using old TF'd gear.

Legendaries should be nerfed? yes, BUT at same time a lot of the utilities/upgrades they bring should be baseline.

Having a legendary should improve your dps (in case of hunter), or give you a slight advantage over an epic item, but not change your way of playing. (for that we have the set bonus).

Regretfully, they wont do that, they will nerf the legendaries, and bring class/spec to the dirt.

The mantle also single highhandedly opened up the use of OwtP, a talent that is absolute dumpster tier without the mantle.

I've had pulls where I want to double DB after the initial crows/KC to have a strong Titan's Thunder, but get a proc after using the first DB. So I then need to use another KC to avoid focus cap and pop the 2nd and 3rd DB before using TT. This gives me an immense opener with 3 DBs out for TT. This is the kind of gameplay you just can't get without the mantle.

You get extra burst from multiple BW empowered Stomps back to back, you get stronger TT usage, you get massive BW uptime with the 4pc and you have a much more fluid focus generation. This is all possible due to the synergy of Mantle/OwtP/Crit focused stats. It completely changes the playstyle, gear choice and feel of the spec.

TLDR; Its OP and Blizz can't do anything about it without a complete rework of the item.

I gave up on my hunter and then I got the shoulders from emissery quest.
    It is night and day and I enjoy my hunter very much now.

2 charges should be base and shoulders should make it 3 charges, allowing pooling but not making or breaking the spec.

Also, 4x19 is so good that I dont see how we replace it and we might be bound to do NH over and over for TFs even on T20

Deleted
    It's not the firsttime that Blizz nerfs a previous tier set to force players to move on to the next tier. I foresee this for T19. I'm not talking numbers here, because I'm sure T20 can be made attractive. I'm talking of enjoyment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I got rank one on mythic anomoaly as bm without the shoulders, and kept it for a full week.
    Shoulders are strong, but they do not make or break the spec.

Its not "oh my damage is so low, if only I had these I would be good" ; if your bad without chances are you will be bad with.
    Are you sure?? Coz i get the shoulders and can tell you that difference is quite big especially if you have stuff like bracers or belt or boots.Geting these allow me to jump with 10 ilvs for 1 raid simply because you start pumping crit and there is alot of crit gear in the instance who noobody wants
    beside that you have belt and that is still insane legendary.Shoulders only changes your playstyle but belt is the leg who actually allow you to deal damage
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-03-08 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Pretty sure the belt already got nerfed once and the shoulders came out with all the nerfs that happened to others so it's fine to blizzard. In other words hell no it's not like him is the top spec even with them.
    It doesn't matter if BM is a top spec with them or not, it's how much of an increase it gives with and without. Fact is, shoulders are insanely strong. Enormous dps buff. Too big. Shoulders NEED a nerf, and BM needs a buff to focus gen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Are you sure?? Coz i get the shoulders and can tell you that difference is quite big especially if you have stuff like bracers or belt or boots.Geting these allow me to jump with 10 ilvs for 1 raid simply because you start pumping crit and there is alot of crit gear in the instance who noobody wants
    Sure of what? I didnt say it wasnt good. I said its not neccecary, it does not make or break the spec.

Or did you mean the ranking?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=BeastMastery
    See the dates.

Deleted
    BM legs are working as intended #rolleyes