Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    the market for this will just go deeper underground, and will be more difficult to find/take action against. Can't do shit about people who organize these strictly over TS/vent/discord
    As long as they keep doing this shit through account shares, it'll be possible to track them.

Deleted
    I keep hearing people ask what the point of the game even is if they can't sell carries for real money, unironically. Then they predict it's gonna be bad for the game when they quit.

Let that sink in for a moment.

I don't even care that people sell stuff, I'm not in favor of it, but I never gave much a damn. Reading these hairbrained excuses, however, might just change my mind. Hot dang, that's some quality bullshit.

The mental contortions necessary to even think these thoughts is astonishing. If it's all about money, and you're a competent person, you'll find other means, outside of wow. As you say, the game is irrelevant to you anyway, it's just about money. Adapt.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2017-03-10 at 01:59 AM.

I have not seen any news of streamers getting hit that advertised through streams. Has anyone seen any reports on streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I have not seen any news of streamers getting hit that advertised through streams. Has anyone seen any reports on streamers?
    Nope.

Still boost banners all over the place though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I know the situation over there got a bit of a third world vibe but maybe you should get some spelling going before telling others to go to their communist countries

Sounds a bit salty over a lost account. As if those banned would - they'll just come back creating new accounts.
    Actually I don't play anymore. I just get exasperated when I see these kind of decisions. Blizzard has a way of turning off players with shitty decisions, fast-tracking the game to where it is today.

Punishing people who still take your floundering product seriously enough to make a bit of real life money, because you don't get a cut, is stupid imo and just contributes to further dwindling the playerbase.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2017-03-10 at 04:11 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    And if you were selling them at a mark up inside the store you bought them from you would be kicked out, and cut off from buying any more. Which is in line with what happens in WoW. If you're trying to profit off of their property, they have the right to cut you off.

Also, if you're a known reseller, you actually CAN get cut off from buying stuff at stores and selling for a profit. It happens to small restaurants all the time. It's not illegal, but it IS against the stores' "terms of service" and they can and will cut people off if they find out.

I've seen a-holes go into Target before xmas and buy all the Hatchimals and try and resell them in the parking lot before; it took about 5 minutes before the cops showed up and the person was served with a trespass that meant they couldn't be on ANY Target's property going forward.
    Well I for one am outraged!!!!!

OUTRAGED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    the market for this will just go deeper underground, and will be more difficult to find/take action against. Can't do shit about people who organize these strictly over TS/vent/discord
    Wrong. As long as the number of people capable of doing X are limited in the hundreds Blizzard knows who those people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Actually I don't play anymore. I just get exasperated when I see these kind of decisions. Blizzard has a way of turning off players with shitty decisions, fast-tracking the game to where it is today.

Punishing people who still take your floundering product seriously enough to make a bit of real life money, because you don't get a cut, is stupid imo and just contributes to further dwindling the playerbase.
    Spoken like someone who doesn't play the game. For whatever reason you can't wrap your head around the thought that since a market exists for it the game is in fact healthy.

If what you said were true this post wouldn't even exist in the first place.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2017-03-10 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Pretty sure everyone would perfectly survive without having boosting around in the same manner every other online title could do without account boosting scum.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Pretty sure everyone would perfectly survive without having boosting around in the same manner every other online title could do without account boosting scum.
    Yeah this is intended to be a Blizzard game, and not a Botting/boosting paradise simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yeah this is intended to be a Blizzard game, and not a Botting/boosting paradise simulator.
    Well certainly with the emphasis being on game if it is already the latter you might as well directly sell those. In that caase people really deserve those dogshitter games.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Wrong. As long as the number of people capable of doing X are limited in the hundreds Blizzard knows who those people are.

Spoken like someone who doesn't play the game. For whatever reason you can't wrap your head around the thought that since a market exists for it the game is in fact healthy.

If what you said were true this post wouldn't even exist in the first place.
    If there's no record in game of any transactions taking place, they have no case. Doesn't matter who can or cant do the runs.

Can anyone tell you how effective their strategy is? I am sure that in three years someone has definitely encountered this update. In addition, I think it has long been invented workarounds for this ban. To be honest, I've always been against selling in-game items for real money. Thus, richer people get a big advantage and ordinary players lose interest in playing. I understand that with this proposal I have just provoked a big scandal, but this is just my opinion, you can not pay attention to it. In addition, now there are a huge number of different applications that make it much easier and faster to earn money, you can read about them on the website yourmoneygeek.com. To be honest, I still doubt the effectiveness of this patch, can someone dispel my doubts?
    Last edited by DonnaDuncan; 2021-01-11 at 01:43 PM.