Thread: Hot Trub Nerf

Hot Trub Nerf

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Hot Trub’s damage is now capped at 20% of the Monk’s maximum health, will no longer critically strike, and is no longer being increased by the caster’s damage multipliers.

Does any other BrM think this nerf is overkill? I'm ok with will no longer critically strike, and is no longer being increased by the caster’s damage multipliers but the capped at 20% of the Monk’s maximum health is a massive nerf.

I really don't see many BrM Pvping so was Hot Trub one shot'ing that many people to warrant a nerf? I've pull of some crazy AOE kills with Hot Trub but it wasn't something that happened all the time.

I could just be salty b/c whenever monks get a good thing Blizz takes it away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there BrMs that actually PvP? Don't think I've ever seen one.

I guess there must be if Blizz felt they needed to make that change.... To me and 99.9999999% of the player base that doesn't PvP on a shitty BrM, this change is meaningless.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Are there BrMs that actually PvP? Don't think I've ever seen one.

I guess there must be if Blizz felt they needed to make that change.... To me and 99.9999999% of the player base that doesn't PvP on a shitty BrM, this change is meaningless.

Why pvp as a brewmaster when you can be an OP mistweaver instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herogamer555 View Post
    Why pvp as a brewmaster when you can be an OP mistweaver instead?
    WW has better DPS, mobility, and SURVIVABILITY than a BrM in instanced PvP... Literally no reason to ever go BrM over WW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I PvP as BrM. Hot Trub is pretty much the only thing we have left going for us in instanced PvP though. And now it's way weaker. Sad times.

- - - Updated - - -

WW has better DPS, mobility, and SURVIVABILITY than a BrM in instanced PvP... Literally no reason to ever go BrM over WW.
    yeah there is. It's called 'play what you enjoy'. Running with a healing friend backing me up I can cause way more frustration for the enemy team as BrM by denying them capture points. When a healer's on your ass, the enemy team struggles big-time to burst you down because of stagger. The only thing that makes WW more survivable aside from their mobility to escape, is the Transcendence heal. That's pretty darn neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yeah I PvP as BrM.
    How does it feel knowing that you'd be contributing a lot more to your team if you were playing literally any other spec? BrMs are the most useless spec for PvP. Other tank specs have better survivability/harrassment and are better at running flag or protecting cap. BrMs are literally worthless in instance PvP. If you don't think that's true, feel free to list a spec that you think is less useful and I'll reply with why you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yeah I PvP as BrM. Hot Trub is pretty much the only thing we have left going for us in instanced PvP though. And now it's way weaker. Sad times.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah there is. It's called 'play what you enjoy'. Running with a healing friend backing me up I can cause way more frustration for the enemy team as BrM by denying them capture points. When a healer's on your ass, the enemy team struggles big-time to burst you down because of stagger. The only thing that makes WW more survivable aside from their mobility to escape, is the Transcendence heal. That's pretty darn neat.
    you actually enjoying pvping as brewmaster is the joke right?

How does it feel knowing that you'd be contributing a lot more to your team if you were playing literally any other spec? BrMs are the most useless spec for PvP. Other tank specs have better survivability/harrassment and are better at running flag or protecting cap. BrMs are literally worthless in instance PvP. If you don't think that's true, feel free to list a spec that you think is less useful and I'll reply with why you're wrong.
    You said there was no reason and no one playing it and he showed up because he does. He even listed some valid points, even if other tanks do it much better. You don't got to be so "look how smart I am" about it, especially not when someone is just saying they enjoy it but recognizes a mediocre talent is all their spec has left.

He's not arguing numbers or that it's sleeper op or anything. Jeeze man.

All that aside I really do wish brm could have more to bring into pvp. Hot trub shouldn't be one of the best things brm brings to the table. It only can shine in very specific circumstances and the rest of the brm kit feels way too weak. My best guess as to the source of this nerf was that one video of a brm gaming stagger and using hot trub to kill a group that was trying to kill a faction leader.
    Last edited by Geodude07; 2017-03-11 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    BrM nerf in PvP? Is this some kind of joke? Why nerfing the most useless PvP spec in the game? Lets nerf Blood DKs and Protection Paladins as well, because there are three players in the world who can reach 2200 + with these three tanking specs.
    I would expect some buffs for BrM PvP. I really like the spec but i feel so damn squishy and useless as BrM ...
    I just don't get Blizzard any more ... Just don't get them.

I thought this was because of that video where a BrM managed to one shot like 40 people in Stormwind with that Honnor talent. Isn't this why they're nerfing Hot Trub ? Who cares anyway about Tanks honnor talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    I thought this was because of that video where a BrM managed to one shot like 40 people in Stormwind with that Honnor talent. Isn't this why they're nerfing Hot Trub ? Who cares anyway about Tanks honnor talents.
    That might be why, though as I recall that was a heavily gamed and setup situation. Not one that is easy to just pull off, but I can understand doing something to prevent a raid wide wipe. At the same time it seems silly to make it so brewmaster tanks have so little to their name.

I mean I get it. Most people don't care about tank pvp, but brm is particularly poorly suited for the job compared to the other tank types. They have next to no self sustain, their entire defensive setup feels very bad in pvp because all it does is kill you a tiny bit slower. You don't tend to stagger enough for it to matter either. It's pathetic to be honest.

And when the expansion can balance each spec individually....you'd expect more. Blizzard could make tanks worth something in pvp. There is no reason they should just suck because they have sucked in the past for most pvp content. With the ability to balance and create talents for pvp, there are ways to make these classes work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude07 View Post
    You said there was no reason and no one playing it and he showed up because he does. He even listed some valid points, even if other tanks do it much better.
    What valid points? Only thing he said was how good stagger was when you have a healer. EVERY spec is good when they have a healer healing them... That proved nothing. BrMs are second class in PvP. They are bad at pretty much everything. Even for survivability they are actually one of the worst tanks for it.

With that said, I actually DO use them for PvP in certain situations. Places like Blackrook Rumble where it's a clusterfuck, they aren't bad. I can AoE tag a bunch of people and then teleport back up when I'm low on HP and watch my progress bar tick up as I look from above.

Deleted
    Hot Tub was a gimmick that could be used to one-shot raids.

Now if only they made it useable without exploits...