10+ Year Old Account

orisa weapon delay

to anyone that played orisa, is it me or is there a bigger delay to the weapon actually hitting than the bullet animation ? i swear its more delayed than its shown, and my connection is perfectly fine.

offtopic: how many kills is minimum to get value out of genji ultimate ? not too safe to kill single person in a corridor, and not too crazy to take on a whole enemy team out in the open

Deleted
    I'm not sure but I've definitely felt like that as well, feels like I am firing bullets very fast while it takes more time for the bullets to actually hit the enemy target.

Orisa's gun is projectile based, not Hitscan (like Soldier76, McCree, or Widowmaker). So there is a travel time for the shots to reach the target. In my experience playing her, it feels fine you just need to lead the target. It's not like a Hitscan, they don't get hit instantly when you click. It's like Hanzo, they need to travel first.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Orisa's projectiles are the same speed as zenyatta's balls. I also feel that the animation looks a bit slower than that

7+ Year Old Account
    they are projectiles not hitscan.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    to anyone that played orisa, is it me or is there a bigger delay to the weapon actually hitting than the bullet animation ? i swear its more delayed than its shown, and my connection is perfectly fine.

offtopic: how many kills is minimum to get value out of genji ultimate ? not too safe to kill single person in a corridor, and not too crazy to take on a whole enemy team out in the open
    Determining 'minimum value' out of any ult is really difficult to judge right, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with the last bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt make it clear i obviously know its projectile, not hitscan like bastion for example. but still with the perfect connection it seems bullets travel longer than the actual animation

Im not a fan of this weapon, yeah when they come at you straight on you are going to bury them but needing to lead targets is problematic for me when I switch characters and I have to switch firing modes in my brain.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Since people have already mentioned Orisa's weapon bits, I thought I'd poke at this for a bit. One of the hardest thing with any ult really is to determine the value of it. A lot of the time it depends on both yours and the enemy team and its comp. Say that you as Genji have your ult and can use it to get rid of the enemy team's Mercy and/or other healers just before your team goes in for a push/ult combo, even if you only kill that 1-2 people you get huge value out of your ult because you're preventing a rez after the enemy team gets wiped out.

Likewise -and somewhat counter intuitively what with going after a tank - if you can break a D.va out of her mek before a Soldier go in with a nanovisor to clean house, again you're getting a lot of value out of the Genji ult because you're preventing the D.va eating the ult with her defense matrix. So really... all I'm saying it that it depends on who you're targeting and when you're doing it. If you're wanting a general 'this is a good time to go ginsu knife on enemy team' moment though, any where you can deny them their healer(s) is good.