Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Comic Short: Bastion Binary

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/bastion-binary

Worth the read, it's pretty interesting to see the characters interact with Bastion for once outside of the game without giving too much away.

The Bastion horror spin would have great if the comic was released alongside Bastion's rework.

Then we would be able to really identity with the people of that world and why they are so afraid of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The Bastion horror spin would have great if the comic was released alongside Bastion's rework.

Then we would be able to really identity with the people of that world and why they are so afraid of those things.
    Rifles won't do anything indeed.

that was pretty good I'm glad they expanded upon bastion
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like Torb and Bastion are road buddies for the time being...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So it looks like Torb and Bastion are road buddies for the time being...
    I hope they actually update this in game soon, like have Torb comment on the bird still hanging around or something maybe.

I think it's really neat actually they went that route, since Torb is one of the omnic hating characters, character development is always good.

Love these comics!

"I need all of us to come together and kill this thing! It's a danger to us all and has to go!"

"I'll do it by my self and no one else needs to get hurt!"

"Who the hell asked you!?"

*rolls eyes* the whole comic was badly written from a perspective of how people actually behave as opposed to how they had to behave to make the narration happen.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    "I need all of us to come together and kill this thing! It's a danger to us all and has to go!"

*rolls eyes* the whole comic was badly written from a perspective of how people actually behave as opposed to how they had to behave to make the narration happen.
    Huh?

Torb clearly said he doesn't need anyone.

10+ Year Old Account

Torb is a world renowned engineer, he's not just some random off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Torb is a world renowned engineer, he's not just some random off the street.
    Not just a world renowned engineer, he built the bastion unit in the first place. If anyone is capable of handling the situation on his own it's him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Not just a world renowned engineer, he built the bastion unit in the first place. If anyone is capable of handling the situation on his own it's him.
    It's implied that specifically is rather less well known; although yeah he is behind a lot of Omnic stuff, including the Titan in his first comic so it should be well known that he knows his stuff about Omnics.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-03-10 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's implied that specifically is rather less well known; although yeah he is behind a lot of Omnic stuff, including the Titan in his first comic so it should be well known that he knows his stuff about Omnics.
    My comment was more aligned towards the Mayor demanding that people go kill the Bastion, when someone says they will do it themselves and no one else needs to even worry about dying why the hell would the mayor give him shit for it? If Torb wins the bastion is gone, if Torb loses the town hasn't lost anything. The entire character of the Mayor was ridiculous.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

My comment was more aligned towards the Mayor demanding that people go kill the Bastion, when someone says they will do it themselves and no one else needs to even worry about dying why the hell would the mayor give him shit for it? If Torb wins the bastion is gone, if Torb loses the town hasn't lost anything. The entire character of the Mayor was ridiculous.
    Youre not wrong per se but those people most likely remember the Omnic Crisis very well.
    And so they are afraid, many people act unrationally when frightend, this seems like exactly such a situation.
    The same situation can be read many times in the news these days, one idiot screams and many more echo him and the higher the idiot the more echo he get.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might have been the most boring comic yet, only magnified by Blizzard's shitty site. In order to even view it, I have to first go into full-screen mode, and then zoom in just so the text is visible. THEN, I have to scroll around the pages because they don't completely fit in the screen, because reasons.

I've read a lot of webcomics. Never have I ever had an issue actually reading them.

Even in that case, the Mayor didn't know who Torb was. It makes perfectly good sense that he would still want to have an entire team deal with it, rather than have one person die alone and then be down that one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This might have been the most boring comic yet, only magnified by Blizzard's shitty site. In order to even view it, I have to first go into full-screen mode, and then zoom in just so the text is visible. THEN, I have to scroll around the pages because they don't completely fit in the screen, because reasons.

I've read a lot of webcomics. Never have I ever had an issue actually reading them.
    Every Overwatch comic has had issues like this in my experience. I had less issues on my phone honestly.

We're gonna need a bigger turret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Aww, Two and a half Turrets!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more surprised at how quick Torb was to not killing Bastion. The guy is an omnic racist, and
    his resolve to giving him the benefit of the doubt and looking over Bastion was far too rushed and
    too quick.

Also...what the hell is Bastion even doing there? Last we saw, he was in the woods, miles away
    from the population. Is that even the same place as in his animated short?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm more surprised at how quick Torb was to not killing Bastion. The guy is an omnic racist, and
    his resolve to giving him the benefit of the doubt and looking over Bastion was far too rushed and
    too quick.

Also...what the hell is Bastion even doing there? Last we saw, he was in the woods, miles away
    from the population. Is that even the same place as in his animated short?
    The short was outside Eichenwald near Stuttgart (Germany), the comic is in the wilds of Sweden. It's not actually that far, he could have gone from there through Denmark and across the bridge to Norway then hopped the border to Sweden. Would have taken a couple of days maybe driving in tank mode. Obviously rather longer walking. I think they said the short was some years ago but the comic was the present in OW time and we know he'd been doing a lot of travelling around.

As for Torb, he recognised immediately something was up with the Bastion, and his Engineerness tool over, he built the things so he knows they can be reprogrammed and stuff; so not a matter of kill on sight. He just sees the machine, not that they have rights or feelings.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-03-16 at 07:37 AM.