Rise in Aggro Murloc?

So I get that Aggro Murloc has been around since vanilla with warlocks, and that Pirate Warrior & Jade Shaman sometimes tech the occasional murlocs in, but why has Aggro Murloc seen such a rise in shaman & paladin (the non-combo non-Anyfin version)?

I've played against a ton of these decks in both wild casual & lower wild ladder. Why are these aggro decks so much more popular all of a sudden?

Finja. Its a damn good card. Kill a minion(it almost always will since it starts off stealthed)and you most likely get 4 free damage out of your deck that turn(either 2 Bluegils or Bluegil + Warleader). Even if you're unlucky, you still get two free 3/3s.

I haven't seen any outright Aggro Murloc decks though, just aggro decks running what's called a Murloc packge consisting typically of Finja, 2 Bluegil Warriors, and 2 Murloc Warleaders. Some also run Sir Finley. A new popular archetype now is Water Warrior which is basically Pirate Warrior with Murlocs. I was messing around with a hybrid Dragon/Pirate/Murloc Warrior the other day and was doing okay(granted it was rank 15 where most people don't know how to play).

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Finja. Its a damn good card. Kill a minion(it almost always will since it starts off stealthed)and you most likely get 4 free damage out of your deck that turn(either 2 Bluegils or Bluegil + Warleader). Even if you're unlucky, you still get two free 3/3s.

I haven't seen any outright Aggro Murloc decks though, just aggro decks running what's called a Murloc packge consisting typically of Finja, 2 Bluegil Warriors, and 2 Murloc Warleaders. Some also run Sir Finley. A new popular archetype now is Water Warrior which is basically Pirate Warrior with Murlocs. I was messing around with a hybrid Dragon/Pirate/Murloc Warrior the other day and was doing okay(granted it was rank 15 where most people don't know how to play).
    Ah, I forgot about Water Warrior, don't think I've played against yet. The murloc decks that wild is full of at least are full on murloc decks.

Maybe some streamer was messing around with them recently so the playerbase suddenly remembered you could smorc face with fish people? *shrugs*

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually facing yet another aggro murloc shaman in wild casual right now.