Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    @SFBayGamer - Are you using custom stat weights (the ones you generate from AMR, that take perhaps an hour to run)? If you haven't done that yet, those will make sure the trinket lists are custom to you. And those lists get you to within a percent or 2 of your actual DPS (the margin of error is a tradeoff to ranking things in about 1 second).

If you've done that already, you can do another test by simming it directly. AND - there's a really useful feature to do that, where you can sim any combo of items you own, all at once. To do that, on the right side of the simulator, change the 'sim type' from 'single run' to 'custom batch.' In the options that show up, choose the item sim. Open the trinket list - if you've recently pasted in that text-string we give you from the addon, the simulator knows what gear you own. So when you open the trinket list, look on the top right of the menu, there's a check box to filter to item you own. Then check them ALLLLLLLLL! ha.
    @bigred - same tip above goes for you - you can just sim them all by clicking a few checkboxes.

Hit me up if you have questions.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

It's kinda late in the tier but I'm finding my 880 EoC kinda useless for NH. At least in mythic most, if not all, of the fights that I have experience in the stacks drop off periodically due to switching or just doing mechanics. Skorpyon is the only one you can stay on boss and cleave adds but on the other bosses you need to switch/move. Even on Krosus you need to move for soaking and add switching and that's the most ST fight in NH. I'm probably gonna start looking for the Odyn trinket, even though in the list it's not as high as EoC.

Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    It's kinda late in the tier but I'm finding my 880 EoC kinda useless for NH. At least in mythic most, if not all, of the fights that I have experience in the stacks drop off periodically due to switching or just doing mechanics. Skorpyon is the only one you can stay on boss and cleave adds but on the other bosses you need to switch/move. Even on Krosus you need to move for soaking and add switching and that's the most ST fight in NH. I'm probably gonna start looking for the Odyn trinket, even though in the list it's not as high as EoC.
    Claw is best for all 10 fights in mythic. CoF is best for 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Claw is best for all 10 fights in mythic. CoF is best for 8/10.
    But what about if you have a 895 FCM? I have 4 trinkets, Claw 890 with gem socket, CoF 895 with gem socket, and both FCM 895 with third stat and Draught of Souls 895 with third stat.
    And I'm having nightmares trying to guess what trinket combination is worth to use. I see my best burst is with FCM and Draught, but I feel it's a pian in the ass to use the latter. Maybe FCM with Claw?
    Btw I'm also using cloak and belt for legendaries. Any advice/ personal experience is welcomed.

From what I've seen people recommend, I'd say FCM+Claw or CoF+Claw if you know you'll get another Crusade out of it. I'd also see value in CoF+Claw if Crusade just lines up better with particular parts of a fight when it has a shorter cooldown.

My new dilemma is that I have FCM875, Claw885, Cof880 but now an Entwined Elemental Foci dropped and proced 905... What on earth do I run with now... I've simmed a lot and there isnt really clear what combos are best. I guess(??) that a 905 Foci is a must now due to the crazy amount of str and haste-proc it gives.. Paired with Claw for aoe but what for ST? :/

Anyone got any pointers, maybe tested out these combos themselves and have a gut feeling?

Draught is terrible on ret, especially if you have the cloak and comparable ilvl trinkets. It's so awkward to use, and if you check top parses, you'll notice no top ret parse uses one. You should 100% use the claw and CoF on nearly every fight. If the fight is one of the few where the fight duration turns CoF into just 2k str AND it's pure ST, then use the FCM with the claw. In M, the only fights where you don't want to use Claw + CoF are Tich and Spellblade, and there you'll want to replace the CoF with either a stat stick, or a foci, or high level memento, etc.
    @Dawon, I'd check sims for both ST and hectic add cleave, and play around with the fight durations. It's probably pretty close either way, but I'd tend to use the claw and either the foci or the CoF. Guessing they'll be pretty close and the difference will depend on the fight duration.