Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Court of Stars M+

Hi comrades,

Got lv 15 key today to Court of Stars but i have no idea what classes take to this dungeon :/
    Any advice ?

Any tips/tricks to share ?

Take 5 good players. Cherry picking classes for a +15 is fucking idiotic.

For the endboss on m+15 fortified (both US end EU) you need to have constant 1400k [edit: 2000 with tyrcannical] group dps over ~160s before it gets unhealable (or classes that can mitigate the aoe damage, esp. rogues with feint as it is considered AoE).
    You will also need at least one class with more than decent AoE for the second last boss, and the imp groups (especially with bolstering in EU).

Pro tip: Open dungeon browser, look for "cos", join group called "910 group boosting your 12-15 mos/cos/dht key".
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-03-09 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    For the endboss on m+15 fortified (both US end EU) you need to have constant 2000k group dps over ~160s before it gets unhealable (or classes that can mitigate the aoe damage, esp. rogues with feint as it is considered AoE).
    You will also need at least one class with more than decent AoE for the second last boss, and the imp groups (especially with bolstering in EU).

Pro tip: Open dungeon browser, look for "cos", join group called "910 group boosting your 12-15 mos/cos/dht key".
    2000k for fortified? Surely you mean tyrannical cause last boss 15 is still a joke without tyrannical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleos View Post
    2000k for fortified? Surely you mean tyrannical cause last boss 15 is still a joke without tyrannical.
    Yes, you are right, I confused them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleos View Post
    I think he does . You can do the dungeon fine , but on tyrannical + volcanoes the last can get nasty

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Yes, you are right, I confused them.
    5 good players rather than cherry picking classes always works best. If you want to be really picky and know a few good players of each class, you'll want a decent aoe / movement healer, then dps wise, I guess whichever of your classes / friends performs best. You'll want some stuns and interrupts as without them it can get messy.

OH - also, check the professions of the people who join. Next to the class buffs, you want Cooking / BS / Alc / LW / Ench just incase (but that's being REALLY anal).

Good luck man, let us know how it goes?

Deleted
    For the endboss on m+15 fortified (both US end EU) you need to have constant 1400k [edit: 2000 with tyrcannical] group dps over ~160s before it gets unhealable (or classes that can mitigate the aoe damage, esp. rogues with feint as it is considered AoE).

As the reply already said, these numbers are wrong for EU since it's fortified not tyrannical, but last boss also depends on the healer.

For EU it's also not bolstering, it's teeming. So it's quite a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvino View Post
    5 good players rather than cherry picking classes always works best. If you want to be really picky and know a few good players of each class, you'll want a decent aoe / movement healer, then dps wise, I guess whichever of your classes / friends performs best. You'll want some stuns and interrupts as without them it can get messy.

OH - also, check the professions of the people who join. Next to the class buffs, you want Cooking / BS / Alc / LW / Ench just incase (but that's being REALLY anal).

Good luck man, let us know how it goes?
    Some of the professions can be replaced by certain races/classes as well(elves instead of enchanting, panda instead of cooking, rogue instead of alchemy, druid instead of herbalism, warrior instead of LW, hunter instead of BS)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    As the reply already said, these numbers are wrong for EU since it's fortified not tyrannical, but last boss also depends on the healer.

For EU it's also not bolstering, it's teeming. So it's quite a bit easier.
    The numbers you quoted are correct, it's already edited. But you are right with bolstering and teeming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Some of the professions can be replaced by certain races/classes as well(elves instead of enchanting, panda instead of cooking, rogue instead of alchemy, druid instead of herbalism, warrior instead of LW, hunter instead of BS)
    This guy's spot on.

It's important to los fel explosion from red-skinned female eredar (can't remember name) as it can be nasty, also you may need good CC/interrupts for cos
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    It's important to los fel explosion from red-skinned female eredar (can't remember name) as it can be nasty, also you may need good CC/interrupts for cos
    Fel enforcer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Take 5 good players. Cherry picking classes for a +15 is fucking idiotic.
    lel...and how u find "good" players in randoms applys ?
    Will u whisper "hey, are u good?" ? You will invite players for the IL and maybe achievs, but that doesn't prove if he is really good or not.
    I made the group with 905-911 IL players, my il its 890. I ended the dungeon at first place in dps and got only 1 death. One dps with 910 il died around 10 times and dps was shit.
    Randoms are randoms.

I know, i tried that, but suddenly boosting groups disappeared, bad luck or not, 0 boosting groups all night. I checked other dungeons and same, 0 boosting groups.
    But i like to make my own groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Will u whisper "hey, are u good?" ? You will invite players for the IL and maybe achievs, but that doesn't prove if he is really good or not.
    I made the group with 905-911 IL players, my il its 890. I ended the dungeon at first place in dps and got only 1 death. One dps with 910 il died around 10 times and dps was shit.
    Randoms are randoms.

I know, i tried that, but suddenly boosting groups disappeared, bad luck or not, 0 boosting groups all night. I checked other dungeons and same, 0 boosting groups.
    if you really care that much about a +15, wowprogress tracks the best M+ they have done.

and also use voice comms to avoid confusion and stuff, it's srs bsns.

also the group finder shows max ilvl, not equipped ilvl. if you have more then 2 legendaries your max ilvl will inflate a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-03-10 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Standard for m+ applies:

Pally tank, drood heal, 2 Demon hunters, 1 mage.

Class balancing at its best

In all fairness, with the ilvl we have at the moment, a 15 is comparable to a 10 when EN was out, so it's not really that difficult any more. At that level, any combo works. We have done it with an off-spec Pally tank, Priest heal, warry, lock, shadow and it worked fine, but it was a guild group with TS and an average 900+ equipped ilvl.

Deleted
    Randoms are randoms.

You check wowprogress and determine what their experience is based on the amount of runs of m+ at your difficulty and progress in raids for that character. You can also communicate with them, hard in EU if there is a language divide, but anyone with half a brain can immediately recognise the idiots, the trolls, the people you will be carrying etc. That weeds a few more heads out.

Use iL to give yourself a comfortable margin (890+ for cos15 provided they have 2pc,2legs and at least 35 traits -- all quickly readable on wowprogress). Despite what people say, iL does gauge one of three things: luck, skill or time invested. The latter two should be commensurate for anyone who has over 30 runs at +10 or certainly indistinguishable to anyone who is here on the forums asking how to weed people out.

You don't need 3 perfect DPS to get you your 1 chest but you will need 3 decent dps at 900+ to get anywhere near a multi-chest).

You'll see a lot of fury warriors wanting to join for Jewelled Signet drops. They are excellent in the instance, very often they get their instant boss (bazaar goods), they should be running shockwave (aoe stun) and have some of the best on demand burst (<1min cd). Don't be afraid to bring a couple of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    In all fairness, with the ilvl we have at the moment, a 15 is comparable to a 10 when EN was out, so it's not really that difficult any more. At that level, any combo works. We have done it with an off-spec Pally tank, Priest heal, warry, lock, shadow and it worked fine, but it was a guild group with TS and an average 900+ equipped ilvl.
    I dont agree.
    You can run M+ with 900+ IL players but if they dont know what to do, they will screw up the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    You'll see a lot of fury warriors wanting to join for Jewelled Signet drops. They are excellent in the instance, very often they get their instant boss (bazaar goods), they should be running shockwave (aoe stun) and have some of the best on demand burst (<1min cd). Don't be afraid to bring a couple of them.
    ahh, now i see why i got a lot of warr applying xD
    Nice tip btw.
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-03-10 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    You got Skittish this week regardless of US or EU this week correct? As such I'd advice you to bring at least one hunter for misdirect, and avoid havoc demon hunters as they are prone to over-aggroing everything they look at. Other than that the classes shouldn't matter too much, CoS is fairly easy and the most important part is handling the area around the second boss correctly (easy to wipe there if you're not careful due to patrols etc, especially with teeming skittish this week).

I'd also advice you to bring a goblin/engineer and check the last building on the left before the bridge before the first boss, it's possible an orb has spawned in there (random usable item) which can disable all of the mechanical 4 legged robots, they still give % if you kill them but don't fight back at all. An affliction warlock with permanent corruption can actually just throw their dot at it and the group can move on, it will die before you reach the last boss.

Have a look at this:

As well as this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tars_buff_map/

Learn the extra tools you can use and CoS becomes a lot easier.

LEL the OP didn't say random applies LEL

Why you pugging lel, don't you have friends lel?