Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Vets to take another Hit from Trump. MAGA-F-Vets!!

Glad you voted Trump yet?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...7cf_story.html

The budget is expected out next week. According to the Washington Post "highlights" include . . .

- About $1.3 billion would be cut from the public housing capital fund, under the preliminary plan — when compared to funding in 2016 — and an additional $600 million would be cut from the public housing operating fund.

- Budgets for public housing authorities — city and state agencies that provide subsidized housing and vouchers to local residents — would be among the hardest hit.

Under the preliminary budget, those operational funds would be reduced by $600 million, or 13 percent. Funds for big-ticket repairs at public housing facilities would be cut by an additional $1.3 billion, about 32 percent. That could have a major quality-of-life effects on the low-income families who rely on public housing: Tens of billions of dollars in backlogged repairs already plague the country’s 1.2 million public housing units, according to a 2010 HUD report.

- The Community Development Block Grant Program, which has enjoyed bipartisan support in Congress, is budgeted to receive $3 billion this fiscal year, according to the document. The proposal would cut those funds entirely.

- In the budget document, HUD employees recommended “inclusion of funds in infrastructure package” for the Community Development Block Grant, indicating the money could come from outside the HUD budget as part of a separate White House bill.

- The HOME Investment Partnerships Program, which provides block grants for local communities to build affordable housing, and Choice Neighborhoods, a program that invests in redeveloping low-income communities, also would be cut.

- Under the proposal, direct rental assistance payments — including Section 8 Housing and housing vouchers for homeless veterans — would be cut by at least $300 million, to $19.3 billion. Additionally, housing for the elderly — known as the Section 202 program — would be cut by $42 million, nearly 10 percent. Section 811 housing for people with disabilities would be cut by $29 million, nearly 20 percent. Money available for Native American housing block grants would fall by $150 million, more than 20 percent.

- (Barbara Sard) She noted that, while it appears likely that Trump will propose an infrastructure package, the White House has not indicated that it would include anything related to housing.

Guess they had to pay for super carrier 14 somehow, and for another 400 jet fighters....oh and the wall...the god...damn..wall!!!!

Guess i can quote Orlong with a few modifications from "healthcare" " No where in the constitution does it say we have to take care of vets, homeless or people in general......"

hahahah

I'm glad I don't live in a place where profits skinned out of everything imaginable > people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Yeah they're saying $16 billion for the wall which means like $32.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

People realize you don't get out of massive debt by spending more money right?

I can't say I agree with all the cuts but to pretend this was done maliciously is childish

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

I can't say I agree with all the cuts but to pretend this was done maliciously is childish

Might wana tell that to Trump who wants to spend another 60 billion on the military. 30 billion on a wall.

budget cuts are one thing. but when cutting programs designed to save lives and help people, to then turn around and spend that money on programs that kill people and do nothing to help anyone....is the part i am pissed about.

wana cut everything 10% across the board, INCLUDING THE MILITARY, then sign me up.

oh and while he is cutting these benefits, he just gave rich people a 3-11% tax cut in his health insurance plan.

yup that's how you cut debt, buy cutting taxes.

"Glad you voted Trump yet?" Cutting entitlements makes me very glad I voted for him. They say the toughest thing in politics is taking away freebies.

you act like people haven't been saying this for the past decade.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guess we'll be seeing more homeless vets out on the streets.

Yes save money ROFLMAO let me know about the 600 billion dollars his healthcare plan is giving to the rich and the 3 - 4 trillion dollars in tax cuts his tax plan which is also going to the top. Trump is not trying to get out of debt he is just shifting the money from the poor to the pockets of himself and his buddies.

the deficit was on track to be positive in 2019 or 2020, the things he's cutting doesn't even cover the industrial military budget increase, his tax cuts for the big corps and top 1%, let alone the rest of his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    "Glad you voted Trump yet?" Cutting entitlements makes me very glad I voted for him. They say the toughest thing in politics is taking away freebies.
    At the same time he's increasing "entitlements" to the military industrial complex and rich people, so I don't see how this equals cutting entitlements. Trump is not a conservative.

Deleted
    The whole MAGA is about vets returning to the front. What are they reading into that?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

The budget is expected out next week. According to the Washington Post "highlights" include . . .

- About $1.3 billion would be cut from the public housing capital fund, under the preliminary plan — when compared to funding in 2016 — and an additional $600 million would be cut from the public housing operating fund.

- Budgets for public housing authorities — city and state agencies that provide subsidized housing and vouchers to local residents — would be among the hardest hit.

Under the preliminary budget, those operational funds would be reduced by $600 million, or 13 percent. Funds for big-ticket repairs at public housing facilities would be cut by an additional $1.3 billion, about 32 percent. That could have a major quality-of-life effects on the low-income families who rely on public housing: Tens of billions of dollars in backlogged repairs already plague the country’s 1.2 million public housing units, according to a 2010 HUD report.

- The Community Development Block Grant Program, which has enjoyed bipartisan support in Congress, is budgeted to receive $3 billion this fiscal year, according to the document. The proposal would cut those funds entirely.

- In the budget document, HUD employees recommended “inclusion of funds in infrastructure package” for the Community Development Block Grant, indicating the money could come from outside the HUD budget as part of a separate White House bill.

- The HOME Investment Partnerships Program, which provides block grants for local communities to build affordable housing, and Choice Neighborhoods, a program that invests in redeveloping low-income communities, also would be cut.

- Under the proposal, direct rental assistance payments — including Section 8 Housing and housing vouchers for homeless veterans — would be cut by at least $300 million, to $19.3 billion. Additionally, housing for the elderly — known as the Section 202 program — would be cut by $42 million, nearly 10 percent. Section 811 housing for people with disabilities would be cut by $29 million, nearly 20 percent. Money available for Native American housing block grants would fall by $150 million, more than 20 percent.

- (Barbara Sard) She noted that, while it appears likely that Trump will propose an infrastructure package, the White House has not indicated that it would include anything related to housing.

Guess they had to pay for super carrier 14 somehow, and for another 400 jet fighters....oh and the wall...the god...damn..wall!!!!

Guess i can quote Orlong with a few modifications from "healthcare" " No where in the constitution does it say we have to take care of vets, homeless or people in general......"

hahahah
    It's not even for the military increases - it's for all the incoming tax breaks for the wealthy. Remarkable how the GOP can continue to con people into voting for them while continuing to consistently screw them at every opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    At the same time he's increasing "entitlements" to the military industrial complex and rich people, so I don't see how this equals cutting entitlements. Trump is not a conservative.
    What in the holy fuck are you talking about?

Don't respond to really stupid people in public. It's just depressing for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

he's talking about the military budget increase that is more hand me out to the industrial complex then any legitimate need, same with the tax break after tax break for the 1%

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

LOL, just using his word "entitlements" in place of spending. I understand how that could be confusing though.

As a veteran I have to say most of this is completely irrelevent. You see something that says the word veteran in it and automatically think they're screwed. I'm sorry, but veterans have nearly endless avenues for assistance, outside the HUD. Homeless or not, if a vet wants the help, it's there. In my city alone there's countless aid provided for assisting veterans, whether it's mental, physical, or financial. Hell, most vets don't even know you can get decent sized emergency loan which in most cases you don't have to pay back, as long as you follow their program to get back on your feet. They'll even find work for you, good work. Not all, but a good number of agencies who help are non profit.

As a veteran, I work with veterans who need help of any kind. I love to work with homeless vets, and it's beneficial to both of us to sit and talk and work out a plan of action. While the VA is good (sometimes?), there are dozens of outside resources which make the title of this thread just plain silly.

That's one small source for veterans in an overall much more grand system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

hahahah
    And yet a majority of military personal active and retired voted for trump so in theory they are getting exactly what they are looking for in their president.

Odd, I was assured by the right that Reagan proved deficits don't matter.

While trump is spending ALL of his budget cuts and more extra on the millitary.

Try again