Question Subterfuge and Mantle of the Master Assassin

I have the talent Subterfuge and the legendary item Mantle of the Master Assassin.

When I break stealth the first time, from out of combat, the buff only last 6s, even with Subterfuge. Its not just that it doesnt show, Mutilate or other abilities between 6-9s tend to crit just as often as usual (30% not 100%). After using Vanish the buff is 9s though. Is this intended or is this a bug?

The crit window starts when the stealth buff falls off, which is why you only get 6 seconds because the buff falls off immediately. With vanish you get 3 more seconds before the stealth buff disappears, giving you 9 seconds total.

It is my understanding that Subterfuge allows you to use abilities requiring Stealth for 3 sec after Stealth breaks -- It does NOT grant Stealth or any other related effects. Subterfuge for Sub would not extend the duration of the Mantle buff.

Vanish, in contrast, has 2 key parts. First, it places an unbreakable 'Improved Stealth'-like effect on you for 3 seconds, afterwhich you enter Stealth. In combat with Mantle, this manifests as 3 seconds of the Mantle-eligible 'Improved Stealth' from Vanish, 6 additional seconds of post-Stealth Mantle buff, and 3 seconds of Subterfuge after the Vanish Stealth ends. In total, 9 seconds of Mantle buff and 6 seconds of access to Stealth abilities.