Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "I've never played the game but have such a strong opinion about it"

Ofc you can figure out my next response, because you yourself realize how dumb you sound right now.
    I don't know anything about PS4 stuff so I'm strictly talking on behalf of PC.
    I do have a beast of a machine - 4790k/1080 w/32gb ram. But prior to that I was running on a 950ti and the game ran fine for me, save for a few points.
    I never said it wasn't fully optimized, but it's not to the point where it's unplayable. Just a few laggy areas.
    Your understanding of their DLC is very much 0. You don't need the DLC to get the full experience. All it does is add an extra map to play on.
    You also gave no reason as to why Wildcard is a "shit" company.
    In my opinion, they're doing pretty great. Constant updates, communicating with their community and actually listening to input/feedback. Explaining areas that may or may not have been very clear.

I just think it's funny that you (somebody who apparently has never played the game) is spending so much time trash talking it.
    And I'm not a guy, don't insult me like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Your understanding of their DLC is very much 0. You don't need the DLC to get the full experience. All it does is add an extra map to play on.
    You also gave no reason as to why Wildcard is a "shit" company.
    They are selling DLC in a early access game and held DLC hostage to get up votes when the steam "rewards" came out. Milking and black mailing ur community makes you a shitty company. Also them charing nearly double the PC price on PS4 makes them a shitty company.

Also u mixed up tech's post and mine together....

There DLC isn't very much zero, its two free ones and a $30 expansion for a early access game. Also like I stated the shape of the PC version isn't much better then the PS4 version.

Also this is 2017, people don't need to play a game to get a strong opinion about it. There is many ways to experience the game and learn about it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-19 at 07:46 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They are selling DLC in a early access game and held DLC hostage to get up votes when the steam "rewards" came out. Milking and black mailing ur community makes you a shitty company. Also them charing nearly double the PC price on PS4 makes them a shitty company.

Also u mixed up tech's post and mine together....

There DLC isn't very much zero, its two free ones and a $30 expansion for a early access game. Also like I stated the shape of the PC version isn't much better then the PS4 version.

Also this is 2017, people don't need to play a game to get a strong opinion about it. There is many ways to experience the game and learn about it.
    Yelling at people who have a different opinion than yours on the internet is probably the best way to get a good picture of it lol

And I'm not a guy, don't insult me like that.
    Glad to see you even bit on the prediction bait guy.

I guess you really where exhausted of material and had no other reply guy.

I don't need to buy or play a trash game to have knowledge about a trash game guy. We have this thing called the internet guy. Maybe you heard of it guy.

Yelling at people who have a different opinion than yours on the internet is probably the best way to get a good picture of it lol
    No one is yelling, you are getting defensive for whatever reason. I pointed out FACTS about the game, Not my fault you don't like the facts.

Even provided videos and screen shots you can look at. But if u wish to ignore them (I assume because u have a invested interest in the game based on ur sig) then feel free.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    How the hell is that game still listed as "Early Access"? Didn't it release ~2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    How the hell is that game still listed as "Early Access"? Didn't it release ~2 years ago?
    It will be 2 years in June.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will be 2 years in June.
    Shady business practice imo.

Shady business practice imo.
    Like most (Not All) early access games.

I have over 1200h in the game, but I did not play for over a year, almost two now, so things might have changed.
    Just like every survival game it's a time sink. If you think it is cool to ride and fly on dinosaurs, spending hours for hours grinding mats and build awesome bases with limited elements (lego style) it's worth every penny.

Taming my first brontosaurus (it took 12h straight, we knocked him out on the beach with slingshots in an epic 30m battle) was incredibly exciting. But that also means you have to play for those 12h, or your dino will be gone and all work wasted.
    Just like every game of those kinds playing it with at least one other person will drastically make it more fun.

What I did not like was PVP, because its inherently unbalanced. You either are the dominating tribe on a server, or you live or die at the mercy of it. Almost all ffficial PVP servers are crawling with scum and villainy, if you try to start new your base and items will have been vanished over night. I would recommend a private server, with set rules and server admins that are available. Or you rent a server for yourself, and either play PVE with your friends or open it to the public (but don't expect anyone but some cheaters trying out new hacks to come).

I never got why people complained about the video performance. Even on my notebook with an 850m I could play it at medium settings with ~40fps, and on my PC which then had a 970 I could decide to ultra it with ~40fps or reduce it to increase the frame rate. But on medium settings it still looked good and was playable on older cards, and in low settings it would even run on potatoes (but it literally looked like shit).

What drove me from it is that they implemented more and more features without fixing obvious bugs first, and then added more bugs to those new features and their next patch added features that relied on those buggy implementations. At first the devs were fairly active in the forums, and listened to or discussed with the players, but that changed with the time.
    Then they made some dubious gameplay decisions, like adding super strong dinos, or overall nerfing existing, and did not address their reasoning behind it with the upset community. And they made shady business decisions, like adding a DLC to a early access game.
    And for me, the timesink got too great. They added more and more tec to the game, but when I need to farm for an hour first to be able to shoot my gun ten times it's getting stalling. You can adjust the farm rates on your private server or local game, but that always feels like cheating.

So overall I got what I expected from the game, and spending 25 bucks for 1200 hours was more than worth it for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Game has the potential to be one of the best games made, but the dev team suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    (PC isn't much better unless u got a beast of a rig).
    So wait. You're saying it's a terrible game because, gods forbid, they make a game that requires up-to-date hardware? Do you hear yourself? Are you fucking serious? Why is it always the console peasants that complain about this? I'm sure I'm going to get infracted for using that, but fucking seriously.

My computer can run it just fine on near max settings. I had a massive fortress storing about 20 dinos, two friends playing, and never dropped under 40FPS, normally over 50FPS.

Please post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-19 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    But that also means you have to play for those 12h, or your dino will be gone and all work wasted.
    Holy shit! Seriously? In order to benefit from that 30min fight you had to stay in game for 12hours? Who the fuck designs a game like that.

Holy shit! Seriously? In order to benefit from that 30min fight you had to stay in game for 12hours? Who the fuck designs a game like that.
    Probably designers who assumed high-end dinos are going to be tamed only in a multiplayer tribe.

its a great game if you have time and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    So wait. You're saying it's a terrible game because, gods forbid, they make a game that requires up-to-date hardware? Do you hear yourself? Are you fucking serious? Why is it always the console peasants that complain about this?
    Do you see what you wrote at all? Because that is not even close to what I said. There is a MASSIVE difference in a game being made with high end rigs in mind and a game needing high end rigs because its optimization is shit.

Its amazing how someone can be on a forum site and yet don't know how to read. Can't even see that I got my PC in my Sig.... just fucken priceless.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-19 at 08:24 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A few of my friends have sunk hundreds of hours into Ark and love it.

I'd say they easily got their money worth.

That's on official servers.
    Literally 90% of the problems he posted was due to playing on an official server. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I’m laughing my ass off on how personal you are getting
    Oh look, you played that card.

You mean taking 5 seconds to post about a horrible game is "personal". The only people getting personal are you and "guy" because a game you like got torn to shreds with facts.

But keep trying to claim the game doesn't have shit optimization, elementary graphics, bugs galore and jank as fuck animations. "Opinions" my ass, you compare them even to niche jank as fuck games and it still looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I could care less what you like.

It's a fact it's a shit product with bugs, shit graphics, shit optimization, shit animations that make ME:A look good by comparison, and literally look like the lowest effort on the totem poll. This isn't exactly subjective things, the games are clearly at a very low quality at the gaming market as a whole. They lack the polish and effort of AA-AAA gaming and they lack the heart and soul of the best indy gaming. It's cheap cash in shit on a fad.
    If you could care less that means you do care at least a little.