Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't mind it. Good game for what it is. Could use some optimization work imo.

last i played was not long after they added the redwood forest that biome was cool, ark can be fun its just like dayz or rust really with dinosaurs, if you have friends or the more friends you have the bigger boot you can place over the neck of the rest of the server. it ran alright on my toaster i think it went down to about 18-25 fps when looking at massive frame destroying bases containing 100s of dinos large and small which i guess is what you have to expect with games that scale practically infinitely when there are no caps in place. i did some pvp not sure what its like these days depending on the level caps you could become pretty godly likewise some dinos can become pretty much invincible while being able to one shot anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post

But yeah… getting “torn to shreds” with “facts”… *cough* http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ *cough* http://steamcharts.com/app/346110 *cough*
    User reviews:
    RECENT: Mixed (5,101 reviews)
    OVERALL: Mixed (104,829 reviews)

Yep, great data that supports it not being a shit game huh.

We done here? Or you going to try to defend your love child some more and be mad that someone is making true statements about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    User reviews:
    RECENT: Mixed (5,101 reviews)
    OVERALL: Mixed (104,829 reviews)

Yep, great data that supports it not being a shit game huh.

We done here? Or you going to try to defend your love child some more and be mad that someone is making true statements about it?
    LOLOLOL ok I'm literally dead from the laughing.
    Perhaps you should actually look at the HARD FACTS that you've been asking for that they provided in their post.
    Mixed Reviews, I'll tell you straight up why:

Flying dinos got a very heavy nerf that seemed quite punishing and unfair.

Here's the funny thing about it, Wildcard communicated with their playerbase to let them know what's going on:
    Here's your hard evidence, and feel free to look through the shitstorm reviews and I guarantee you that the flyer nerf will be the big reason for many of the negative reviews (and possibly the new ui, as people are still getting adjusted)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110...61369999509177

And quite honestly, if the only "data" that you're going to gather in order to justify a game being good or bad is "mixed reviews" then that says quite a lot about you. And for the record, you do come across as VERY angry in all of your posts. Which is why I keep responding: To poke your buttons :3

Oh and cuz of that fancy little signature at the bottom of every post I make

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    “This is shit, that is shit, all of it is shit, and those are legit facts, all of it, I’m shredding your beloved game with all these outrageous facts pulled straight from the depths of my own ass! You just can’t take it cuz you are all a bunch of fanboys!”
    OMG I didn't know Trump was on mmochamp!!!

I actively play a modded version on a server I own and operate with a couple of friends. We absolutely love it. A lot of downvotes in steam are from the rather heavy-handed flyer nerf (wildcard has a different philosophy than Blizzard when it comes to how to do balancing). It's a really beautiful game, if a bit taxing on some cards.

It is my opinion that the jerks disparaging Wildcard over the "not officially released" and DLC are a bunch of asshats. Yeah, I said it. Wildcard is continuously adding more and more dinos into the game and changes to the core maps, as well as new technology trees, which is why it isn't listed as "finished". I OWN said maligned DLC. . . . and it was worth the money I paid for it. A completely new map/tileset with weather mechanics and a whole host of new dinos just for that map. Yeah, that was a ton of work. They deserved the money for that. Not everyone can work on everything at once, so I can see where they'd want to put their employees to work rather than laying them off while they work on passing out the next update. Does it have bugs? Of course it does? Is it perfect? Of course not. But it isn't a "shitty" game by any means.

tedius. The devs fell into the trap of making something difficult be equated with doing something easy for long periods of time. I saw the taming mechanism and how it worked for the harder dinos and noooo... I don´t want to build myself up just to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh look, you played that card.

You mean taking 5 seconds to post about a horrible game is "personal". The only people getting personal are you and "guy" because a game you like got torn to shreds with facts.

But keep trying to claim the game doesn't have shit optimization, elementary graphics, bugs galore and jank as fuck animations. "Opinions" my ass, you compare them even to niche jank as fuck games and it still looks bad.
    It is pretty funny. I know nothing about either of these games...but all I can think while reading your posts is:

"u mad bro?"

(P.S. you should include a few more "shits," it will up your credibility!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    I actively play a modded version on a server I own and operate with a couple of friends. We absolutely love it. A lot of downvotes in steam are from the rather heavy-handed flyer nerf (wildcard has a different philosophy than Blizzard when it comes to how to do balancing). It's a really beautiful game, if a bit taxing on some cards.

It is my opinion that the jerks disparaging Wildcard over the "not officially released" and DLC are a bunch of asshats. Yeah, I said it. Wildcard is continuously adding more and more dinos into the game and changes to the core maps, as well as new technology trees, which is why it isn't listed as "finished". I OWN said maligned DLC. . . . and it was worth the money I paid for it. A completely new map/tileset with weather mechanics and a whole host of new dinos just for that map. Yeah, that was a ton of work. They deserved the money for that. Not everyone can work on everything at once, so I can see where they'd want to put their employees to work rather than laying them off while they work on passing out the next update. Does it have bugs? Of course it does? Is it perfect? Of course not. But it isn't a "shitty" game by any means.
    How about this. Instead of working on a new aspect or road to take their game, they finish their early access game first?

Played 200 hours a few months after it were released. I stopped playing around the time they switched the obelisk colors on the original map (not at all related to why I stopped playing, just got burnt out). I don't think it was ever a bad game as much as it was a series of awful business decisions that spat in the face of Early Access customers.

Deleted
    Dude, it's a survival multiplayer game. Is there ANY good survival multiplayer game?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Dude, it's a survival multiplayer game. Is there ANY good survival multiplayer game?!
    Yes. Ark. lol
    A lot of the criticism I'm seeing is from things that happened 7+ months ago (7 being the DLC release).
    The harshest criticism is coming from people who have never played the game.
    It's pretty hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering the same myself.

I used to talk shit about survival games to friends on Steam during casual chitchat to a small degree (based on my experience with the DayZ mod). Then a friend randomly gifted me Rust, and within a few months I had a few hundred hours in it and considered it one of the best experiences around. I now have 696 hours in it, 500 hours are from solo vanilla playthroughs from mid/late last year, around 100 are from huge mature non pvp-focused groups, then about 96 are from battlefield servers with kits and a high multiplier so that in an hour I can build a huge base and raid someone else, and a handful of time messing around on Battle Royale/Embankment servers. I'm less of a fan of the graphics overhaul, although what I experienced seemed infinitely better than legacy. It really clicked with me due to it not being clunky, the building, graphics, and audio which really helps immersion.

So this lead me to wonder about Ark, I tried a pirated build from early last year and it + the character ran like Steven Seagal in tight jeans on lowest settings, performance was nowhere near acceptable. So I never really got to test the game until I tried a trial of it on my XB1, presumably due to the game being updated many times as my PC > XB1

If the Steam reviews are true the base game is mostly abandoned and the expansion is alive, but it's hard to test the validity of the comments that say groups control entire servers and you can't do anything. It sounds like Rust, but significantly more extreme.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-04-20 at 07:18 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Yes. Ark. lol
    A lot of the criticism I'm seeing is from things that happened 7+ months ago (7 being the DLC release).
    The harshest criticism is coming from people who have never played the game.
    It's pretty hilarious.

Exactly this, I have never seen such an outcry over the silliest thing ever. Ark is a fine game that is still getting updates frequently, the last update caused a bunch of stir because people hate change. Fliers got nerfed, to much imo but it didn't ruin the game or bring about the end of the world like most would declare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets end this discussion real quick:

Just play Subnautica.

It's the only good survival game out there, and it's really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Lets end this discussion real quick:

Just play Subnautica.

It's the only good survival game out there, and it's really good.
    You mean Rust,

Inc argument, let the games begin.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I really, really like Ark under certain conditions.

Dinosaurs are turned up to ultra-difficult, increased alphas and whatnot, the mod bosses, no PVP, and some friends.

So many hours spent on that game building glorious fortress and taming dinos with pals!

Deleted
    I can't really understand the arguments about low graphics or horrible animations.
    I recently bought a new computer (not beastly but good --> i7-7700k/gtx 1070/16 gig) and I can play it on ultra settings in every slot with at least 40 to 50 fps everywhere. And it looks freaking amazing, especially the new creatures like thylacoleo up close look realistic like anything you've ever seen.
    I have put close to 1000 hours into the game and I can't say !20! euros (that's what I payed back then) where too much lol.