Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaajus View Post
    ppl joins mythic + keys just to deplete them.
    he says its blizz's fault that they dont add any punishment for leavers. so he wil keep on doing it until they do something about it.

[12:26] [P1: play your games with other guys
    [12:26] [P2] ]: say everyone. there will be no finished mythic+ while there is no punishment.
    [12:26] [P1] [: is that really necessary
    [12:26] [P1]: wtf is wrong with this healer
    [12:27] [p2] : [Mythic Keystone]
    [12:27] [p2 [: i'll punish everyone
    [12:27] [p2 : because of this key
    [12:27] [P2 u were first

p1 = nice guys,
    p2 = douchebag
    Open ticket, report for harrasment / griefing. If he actually wrote that in any chat channel in WoW, he will get a warning and if hes found to be arepeat offender he'll get a ban. maybe they even sport him a 3-day ban directly, who knows.

But yeah, if you run random you risk that. I did not have a single pronlem in M+, but I run in my guild only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    What's your solution? Sit in the corner and cry?

I don't care if it's a cycle of dickheads, clearly people get screwed no matter what and there's no bonus points for the mora high ground. I feel a sense of justice when I do it.
    My solution is to realize that people are assholes, and that that shit happens. Taking it out on completely unrelated people will do no good in any way, and only serves to further injure peoples perception of the community.

And why do you feel a sense of justice for screwing over someone for something they had absolutely nothing to do with? As much as I don't like metaphors, you went out and stole candy from a baby because someone pushed you on the street.

I think they should add a deserter penalty as long as legitimate players cannot get caught in it while progressing on challenging keys. If you do a +25 Halls for example and realize you can't even get past the first boss, giving everyone deserter on top of their repair bills and wasted time would be terrible design.

There's also the situations where I think it is okay to leave a key, like where one or more people are really not pulling their weight, and it is going to take an obscene amount of time to carry them to their depleted one chest when the time could be better spent just joining another key instead.

Maybe what Blizzard could do is give everyone one free pass to leave a keystone a day, and then penalize people who leave further keys before the timer expires with a 1-2 hour deserter debuff. Maybe this should apply to keys that are already depleted, because you have the luxury of restarting those if things don't go right.

This thread is relevant to my life right now.

We've been bumping up alts keys to 15's, so that we can get everybody a 15 for the week. We were doing a +14 and had a pug tank and healer, and the alt was doing like 300k dps. However, because myself and the other person in my guild were doing 1m+, we got to the final boss with about 2 minutes to spare to get a 2 chest. We didn't want to make the 15 unnecessarily hard by turning it into a 16, so we asked the tank to wait before pulling the final boss so that we could 1 chest. When asked why, we said we were leveling alts keys so we could get them their 15 for the week, and we didn't want to make it unnecessarily hard. Tank goes "well thanks for wasting 30 minutes" and leaves, even though there was plenty of time for us to 1 chest and not deplete the key. So instead of getting 1 chest instead of two, the tank decides to waste everybody's 30 minutes and deplete the key, so now that alt doesn't even get to have a 15 for the week.

Mind you, the tank was making bad pulls, was dying and leaving us to tank, doing low dps and overall getting carried. Literally all he had to do was run into the boss, hit buttons, and taunt.

Would be super awesome if there was a rating system for how many times players leave a keystone midway so that you could look at a players rating, see that they leave 10% of the mythic + they join, and you could avoid them like the plague.

the worst part is if you 4 man the dungeon after they leave they get loot in the mail when its over with

Quote Originally Posted by Roadz View Post
    the worst part is if you 4 man the dungeon after they leave they get loot in the mail when its over with
    We tried to, but the healer decided to peace out without saying a word once the tank left

They don't get mailed loot, but it counts toward their weekly box. I've left a dungeon near the end in an emergency and still got credit for it when the other 4 finished it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to enforce a heavy penalty on players that leave keystones halfway. Either by force-depleting their own key too, or an immediate ban from mythic+ for a week if he leaves multiple dungeons in a single week, as well as confiscating the weekly emissary chest reward.
    On the other hand, having a little sheet for keystones showing their stats while queuing for keystones helps too. For example:
    Keystones completed: ####
    Highest Keystone Achieved (on time): ####
    Keystone Deserter(shows only if they left more than 3 dungeons in a week before): ###

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post

We've been bumping up alts keys to 15's, so that we can get everybody a 15 for the week. We were doing a +14 and had a pug tank and healer, and the alt was doing like 300k dps. However, because myself and the other person in my guild were doing 1m+, we got to the final boss with about 2 minutes to spare to get a 2 chest. We didn't want to make the 15 unnecessarily hard by turning it into a 16, so we asked the tank to wait before pulling the final boss so that we could 1 chest. When asked why, we said we were leveling alts keys so we could get them their 15 for the week, and we didn't want to make it unnecessarily hard. Tank goes "well thanks for wasting 30 minutes" and leaves, even though there was plenty of time for us to 1 chest and not deplete the key. So instead of getting 1 chest instead of two, the tank decides to waste everybody's 30 minutes and deplete the key, so now that alt doesn't even get to have a 15 for the week.

Mind you, the tank was making bad pulls, was dying and leaving us to tank, doing low dps and overall getting carried. Literally all he had to do was run into the boss, hit buttons, and taunt.

Would be super awesome if there was a rating system for how many times players leave a keystone midway so that you could look at a players rating, see that they leave 10% of the mythic + they join, and you could avoid them like the plague.
    If you didn't state you were 1-chesting on purpose either in the note or mentioned it before starting, he really wasn't being a dick. You were.
    Bad pulls or not, you were going to two chest. That's one more opportunity for loot.
    To tell him to run down the timer on purpose is a dick move, again, if you didn't preface it at all.

Purposefully trying to 1 chest is dumb. 15 is pretty much the same at 16. You get twice as much loot if you 2 chest.

Tank sounds useless but if someone told me that as I was tanking and was tanking fine, you'd be the assholes to me.

maybe they could have like a criminal record certificate for wow dungeons. so much fun to be had.

Those dang keystone depletors.

Had some Mongo try and deplete a 13 BRH a few weeks ago, continued on without him and still 3 Chested it with a little over 20s to spare, thanks for the extra loot.

Deleted
    You're not even acting in your own interests - you're screwing other people over for no benefit to yourself or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadz View Post
    nope, they don't. just kick him and he wont see any loot.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Tank sounds useless but if someone told me that as I was tanking and was tanking fine, you'd be the assholes to me.
    Tank wasn't tanking fine, and the title of the run was "turning 14 into 15" which I thought was enough to suggest we wanted 1 chest

They should have an NPC where you can restore a depleted key if you ask me. Of course, a form of currency should be involved but then it would help with the dicks that ruin a key and uplift a key when you don't have a group that beats it effectively. It's a bit of a pain for the owner expected to do so but at least it's not so they are burdened with trying to find a group (that they might not even find!) and try again, that to me is simply bullshit when someone has been a complete dick and spoiled it.
    They can put necessary coding in for a keystone that ran out of time because that's how the game understands when it doesn't upgrades from a timed out run.

The leaver could have a lengthy ban also I agree, problem is for some it won't work. Imagine if they did a penalty like no loot from the weekly chest! Might be harsh but no fucker would do it again that's for sure.

Deleted
    The first to leave an instance before a boss is dead is barred from entering Mythics til next reset day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    The first to leave an instance before a boss is dead is barred from entering Mythics til next reset day.
    Okay, but how does it handle getting kicked? What about if you DC first?

What about if someone else DC's and you leave?