Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I also don't have an electric kettle at home. Why would I? How often and what for would I need to boil water for direct consumption? The two times in the year I am sick and want to make some tea?
    Or do you boil water for cooking (for examples for noodles) in the electric kettle first and then pour it into a pot on the stove?
    I use mine everyday to boil water for my tea or milo at breakfast. I use one at work for my 10am coffee if I am not buying it from a cafe. How on earth do you live without it.

Americans don't drink a lot of tea. On average Americans consume a tenth of the tea that people in the U.K. do and half of what Australians do. I have an actual kettle, like the kind you put on the stove, for boiling water. It doesn't get a ton of use.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    I use mine everyday to boil water for my tea or milo at breakfast. I use one at work for my 10am coffee if I am not buying it from a cafe. How on earth do you live without it.
    Well, I don't drink tea and have no idea what milo is, and what coffee do you drink that you supply hot water to it? How on earth do you live without a Barista machine.

Deleted
    I also don't have an electric kettle at home. Why would I? How often and what for would I need to boil water for direct consumption? The two times in the year I am sick and want to make some tea?
    Or do you boil water for cooking (for examples for noodles) in the electric kettle first and then pour it into a pot on the stove?
    i do this, boiling water in the kettle and then puring it into the pan is usually quicker than waiting for water to boil in the pan.

- - - Updated - - -

I've honestly never heard of people microwaving water, learn something new every day!

We use coffee machines for making coffee.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Well, I don't drink tea and have no idea what milo is, and what coffee do you drink that you supply hot water to it? How on earth do you live without a Barista machine.
    Milo is one one of the greatest things in the world. You haven't lived yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    We use coffee machines for making coffee.
    My new office has no machine. I only use it cause there is free instant coffee if I am too busy to go downstairs to buy one.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What century do you think this is?

Are you going to ask if Americans use cars with Automatic Windows next?
    Most of the ISPs set a data usage limit, go 3 feet into a tunnel and you'll be cut off from mostly any radio signal available. They are behind on a lot of things.

American, Love my Electric Kettle, for tea ,coco ,quick thawing of frozen food. etc.

Actually, if it's a single meal of noodles, the electric kettle takes care of it all. At least these insta-ramen types don't need cooking, just hot water to pour on them.

No, most Americans microwave their water, or they use a pot on the stove. That looks like something a hippie or commie would use to drink tea.

Takes as long to "boil" water in the microwave as it does in an electric kettle.

Why would anyone buy a kettle, that only has a single use(to boil water), when there are many more options available that do the same thing in practically the same time while also providing FAR more functionality?

That sounds sane. To go out and spend money to get something I already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kettles are mainly used for coffee and tea. I don't drink coffee or tea, so nope. I don't have the need to heat water that often, so I don't see the need to get one. Yes, we do have electric kettles here, even if they aren't that popular. The rare times I need to heat water, I just do it in the microwave.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I've honestly never heard of people microwaving water, learn something new every day!
    Be a bit wary of doing this. It can sometimes be dangerous:

http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave.asp

(tl;dr: it is possible to heat water in a microwave to beyond 100C without it boiling. when this water is disturbed it will spontaneously start boiling and effectively "explode" spraying superhot water out of the container)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We tend to use a device called a barista to make tea and coffee.
    Thought slavery wasn't your thing anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They get paid and tipped... not sure where you got slavery from.
    Wage slavery!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go, kid..

Surprised you didn't ask if they had electricity /facepalm

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/electric-kettles

makes me believe that the thread exists for entertaining trolling reasons only.
    It wouldn't take more than 10 seconds to find the answer via search engine.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Takes as long to "boil" water in the microwave as it does in an electric kettle.

Why would anyone buy a kettle, that only has a single use(to boil water), when there are many more options available that do the same thing in practically the same time while also providing FAR more functionality?
    Why bother owning a TV if you have a computer?
    Why bother having a toaster if you have an oven?
    Why bother having a bicycle if you have a car?

An electric kettle is cheap, simpler to use, and automatically switches off when the water is boiling. If you use boiling water often it's a far better solution than using a microwave, because it makes your microwave last longer, saves you effort, and is safer to use.

If you boil water infrequenty, you're right, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have an extra appliance that takes up space in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What century do you think this is?

Are you going to ask if Americans use cars with Automatic Windows next?
    lol

So true.
    I have both 2 be honst. but still everyone has 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    An electric kettle is cheap, simpler to use, and automatically switches off when the water is boiling. If you use boiling water often it's a far better solution than using a microwave, because it makes your microwave last longer, saves you effort, and is safer to use.
    The microwave I have now is about 17 years old, it gets used for everything. How is boiling water in a microwave more dangerous?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-03-10 at 12:33 PM.