10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up PM Trudeau recieves energy and environment award, standing ovations at U.S conference

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trud...ston-1.4018708

For the first two-and-half days of the CERAweek energy conference in Houston, Canada didn't make many waves. If you played a drinking game and took a shot every time Canada was mentioned on the main ballroom stage, you'd have been still sober midway through the week.

But beginning with Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr late Wednesday afternoon, Canada's full-court press began. After speaking at a Canada-focused breakfast earlier in the week and meeting with more than a dozen regional executives and politicians, Carr took the main stage and talked up the Canadian vision of energy development to a decent-sized crowd.

Carr mentioned job creation and pipeline approval, pricing carbon and respecting First Nations communities.

Then the big gun came to town. Prime Minister Trudeau spoke to packed room of around 1,200 energy executives and other leaders on Thursday night and completely charmed them.
    They clapped when he spoke in French, when he mentioned pipeline approvals, even when he talked about putting a price on carbon – albeit less loudly on that last point.

Trudeau got multiple standing ovations. From an oil patch crowd. In Texas.

The moderator, oil patch scholar Daniel Yergin, declared the whole crowd of 60 nationalities to be symbolical Canadians for the night at the conclusion of a question-and-answer session Trudeau participated in following his speech.

Talking down a border tax

Trudeau's other goal was to remind the Americans in the audience that Canada is a key trade partner of Texas in particular and the U.S. in general. Texan exports to Canada were worth nearly $20 billion annually, imports from Canada about $15 billion.

Trudeau pointed out that amounts to 460,000 jobs. Good Texan jobs, as he put it
    Full speech here.

He sure is a good orator.
    Basically Canada is responsible for 500K jobs in Texas alone.

I wonder which awards he will receive next? Do you think he deserved this award?

So... did he actually do anything or is this just vapid praise?

When will you be writing Trudeau's biography, Tennisace?

next award he will win will be the one for pushing for sharia law i mean he is trying to pass a bill to prohibit negative speaking of islam so you know that might get him an award who knows find out next time
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So... did he actually do anything or is this just vapid praise?
    Isn't that for you to determine by reading the article bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Isn't that for you to determine by reading the article bud.
    I did any nothing specific was mentioned... seems like the Canadian verson of giving Obama the peace prize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we forge his birth certificate and elect him, please? He said more intelligent phrases in 12 minutes than the orangutan has in his entire life.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what is America doing to protect the environment? Oh wait, they aren't doing anything, meanwhile Canadians are getting fucking taxed out the asses. Trudeau is going to run jobs out of Canada because of taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So what is America doing to protect the environment? Oh wait, they aren't doing anything, meanwhile Canadians are getting fucking taxed out the asses. Trudeau is going to run jobs out of Canada because of taxes.
    We must do the right thing. Just because other countries aren't, doesn't mean we should follow.

This guy is a nauseating cuck, and the award stinks like the Obama Nobel Peace prize.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Justin would be a pretty good leader if he wasn't such a regressive at this point.

Rich spoiled douchebag gets award for doing nothing. News at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    This guy is a nauseating cuck, and the award stinks like the Obama Nobel Peace prize.
    Funny how "cucks" get prestigious awards, and Internet nobodies using words like "cucks" resort to writing toxic nonsense on MMO forums, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking this, since nobody's interested in discussing anything, but just nation-bashing.