Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Can anyone explain to me, why Unicorn, that supposed to be the best, have i5 cpu listed and not i7? Am I missing something?

i feel with legendaries they should have just made them all utility and not some crazy through put dps class breaking upgrade

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully next month they'll have an AMD ryzen build

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    Can anyone explain to me, why Unicorn, that supposed to be the best, have i5 cpu listed and not i7? Am I missing something?
    Simple because someone that is making those sets has no clue about up-to-date computing, including proper core count and technologies like HT.

But anyway, if you don't know what to buy and read stuff like this on sites like this, even i3 will be an overkill for most of your needs

If I had to venture a guess it's because usually the i7's are a waste of money for the performance increase. You'd be better off dumping that money into a graphics card than processor for gaming or almost any other part than the processor.

Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I can't believe people still play this absolute trash bin of a game.
    Good Lord, looking at your post history you have a negative attitude. Plenty of people still enjoy this "trash bin of a game". Welcome to opinions, you don't like it, ok, I respect that, but there was zero need to make that post. Go back to gen-ot.

Just giving away flying, yay

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacus View Post
    Simple because someone that is making those sets has no clue about up-to-date computing, including proper core count and technologies like HT.

But anyway, if you don't know what to buy and read stuff like this on sites like this, even i3 will be an overkill for most of your needs
    I know what to buy, just wondered why they don't list it here...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    If I had to venture a guess it's because usually the i7's are a waste of money for the performance increase. You'd be better off dumping that money into a graphics card than processor for gaming or almost any other part than the processor.

Just my opinion though.
    But what if I don't care about how much it cost, just want the best option? Thought that's what Unicorn was supposed to bring...

But what if I don't care about how much it cost, just want the best option? Thought that's what Unicorn was supposed to bring...
    Unicorn builds here have always been within a roughly $1500 price point. Sometimes a bit more, some times a bit less. But it has never been a "price is not a concern" build.

If you want those types of builds, your better off looking at pcpartpicker.com

The conversion of Honor to XP has been increased by 50%.
    Does that mean BGs will give more XP? So leveling VIA bgs will be faster?

I know what to buy, just wondered why they don't list it here...

- - - Updated - - -

Think about it though. You could build the "best" machine for an obscene amount of money (over $5k). That would be ridiculous to suggest here because no on would buy it. I mean I can see the curiosity in what "the best" is but no one would buy it.

I'd have to agree with the other person that $1500 seems a pretty reasonable price point to set as a max for a desktop.

Still, though, why would you want an i7? For gaming it's throwing money away -- which is what these machines are for. Spend the money on a faster hard drive, memory, or go quad SLI with your graphics card -- all of those you'd actually see a benefit from over going to an i7.

Now if you're doing movie editing, programming large programs (or cpu intense programs) then that's a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Think about it though. You could build the "best" machine for an obscene amount of money (over $5k). That would be ridiculous to suggest here because no on would buy it. I mean I can see the curiosity in what "the best" is but no one would buy it.

I'd have to agree with the other person that $1500 seems a pretty reasonable price point to set as a max for a desktop.

Still, though, why would you want an i7? For gaming it's throwing money away -- which is what these machines are for. Spend the money on a faster hard drive, memory, or go quad SLI with your graphics card -- all of those you'd actually see a benefit from over going to an i7.

Now if you're doing movie editing, programming large programs (or cpu intense programs) then that's a whole other story.
    so you think my i7 6700 is overkill for gaming? got the fastest hard drive, 16 gb memory and r9 390 graphic card.

How can I contact the person who suggested these builds because I bought the z270a mobo and the mugen max scythe heatsink and it doesn't fit

What's going on here?