Heroic Guldan Phase 2 Question

During phase two, Guldan starts casting his abilities at varying times, the question I have is in relation to how to prioritize the mechanics when they start stacking a bit:

IE: Eye of Guldan is out, then 5 seconds later, Empowered Bonds comes out. Do we burn the eyes first then soak bonds?

That portion of the fight is when my group starts losing people.

Also, what is the preferred DPS comp/ratio when it comes to Melee vs. Ranged. It seems as though you need a decent amount of ranged to kill the Eyes, since they bounce around and some move behind the tanks (No Mans Land for melee because of boss buff).

Every one should swap to eye's especially the ones that come during bonds.
    Melee can hit the eyes from like 15yards from the current position of the eye, the eyes have insane hitboxes.

There is point in the fight where you have to delay the breaking of the bonds because eye's are active it happens ones i believe in spawn of the 3rd or 4th eye you delay breaking them while killing the eye's as fast as possible then break asap cause the aoe is coming.
    Apart from that every other eye spawn should be dead before you have to deal with any other mechanic and if they are not then your dps isn't prioritizing them.

You want the boss pushed before 3rd Dreadlord or just as he spawns so you can burn it down during the rp.

All these things are from week 1 tough those were our timings now we yolo the fight cause we pug a lot but generally speaking what i wrote is what we used and we never had problems.

There will be a couple of times where Fel Bonds and the Eye will overlap, it's simply a matter of dealing with the Eye(s) first, then quickly deal with the Bonds.

You can't really deal with Bonds with the Eye(s) up since a) they'll most likely duplicate and deal massive more damage and b) if one of the players stacked on a bond gets targeted, everyone else stacking there will also take damage, probably even multiple players targeted in that cluster.

So just check timers, if they overlap or are close to each other (say, within 5-8 seconds), just zerg eye and then go bonds.

The Eyes (or empowered one) is the biggest threat in the fight, so, make sure everyone is focusing on it ASAP, even pooling resources for it if you're having trouble.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems pretty obvious - bonds require you to stack, but eyes do splash damage. Sure, you could break bonds so quickly that you won't get hit by a single beam, but that is also risky. Going too fast can mean breaking too early and killing someone. On the other hand, killing eyes only takes few seconds and then you're free to deal with bonds. This is especially true when you get Empowered Eyes. These things hurt like crazy and will slaughter stacked players.

Also, I don't see what's the problem with "eyes moving behind the tanks". Don't run through the tank = no one gets cleaved = you can melee the eyes. It shouldn't even be an issue, it's basic movement skills.

With eyes and bonds overlapping, is there anything my group can do positionally to make the bonds faster or just make it easier?

There is I believe one where you need to do eyes first unless your grp is super quick at breaking cos they happen at same time. Theres one bond that gives you 8 secs before eyes come out. But it has never really been an issue just waiting till eyes die. Dont know what yoor grp dps is, if all dps pop their time dialtion eyes shouldnt live long. Some class can also solo bonds but make sure noone is with them if they do that.

If you have range just go close to bond people as possible and have the bond people already waiting at the edge of bond then it shouldnt take long. You also gotta watch out for empowered flame that happens with one bond which people in pugs still screw up. Have a healer use their bubble on it or just have bond person watch when they break. More range would be preferable for this even in p1 and p3. But mainly want people who have common sense and aware of timers

A lot of people already posted...

but the eye + bonds combo.

you kill eyes, leave bonds in back as it doesn't really do too much damage.

kill eye, then break bonds. after he starts shooting the green debuff shit, have your raid stack and slowly move on to bait the next shot so there isn't a bunch of voidzone.

everyone needs to start taking souls in phase 3 or have a rogue steal and drop which i think is the mythic strat. we aim for everyone to have at least 2 stacks of souls, some class can take more obv

Deleted
    Hello, the only important parts during Phase 2 are 2nd and 4th bonds, else the phase is pretty dull, tell your dps to do whatever they want with their cd as long as they have them for those 2 moments, and have melee soak the 4th bonds so that you are sure nobody dies

(2nd bonds = bonds + hand of guldan / 4th bonds = bonds + empowered fel fire )