Poll: Your oppinion: Became WoW a boring grindfest in most aspects ?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    Problem isn't a grind. Grind is what you do in MMOs anyway. Problem is that all grind in WoW is pointless. You may spend hours and hours to grind something. But after a few months somebody in Blizzard decides that it's an "old content" now and give it to everybody for almost free. Why shoud I grind something if I can just leave the game, go back patch or two later and get it for less effort and time?
    User location checks out
    But yes, this is the most serious argument against WoW model right now.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Stopped reading when you compared WOW and sex. Your "wife" is a lucky woman.
    Another empty post without argument. Hard to defend your positions when theyre weak and petty.

i like it when 2 so educated ppl like Grimnakh and IceMan talking about SkinnerBox, philosophical and psychological stuff and such "intellectua" things, while bashing themselfes like 16 year old kids, just to win that fuckin argumentation, like its the most important thing to reach

guys, for real: grow up. its embrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    User location checks out
    But yes, this is the most serious argument against WoW model right now.
    you mean most serius argument for past 14 years ?

its been like this since pvp gear was put into game.

the only problem are addicts who didnt realise it earlie like milions of people did years ago.

that grind was never worth it .

A horrible boring grindfest? But I thought people liked the old Vanilla WoW days?

Deleted
    I agree with OP, WoW had become easy mode without any need for social interaction which makes it a brainless grind. I miss the days when things required cooperation to get it done with a nice blue item (when blue items actually meant something) as a reward.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2017-06-24 at 10:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think OP mispelled, its IS not BECAME Wow have always had its grindy parts Is there more of it today then before? I don't think so. I remember the days of grinding primal shadow in TBC to get shadow ress gear, Getting 1.bill saronite ore to get some decent gear in Wrath and the marvelous dungeon grinds in Cata was also pretty horrific So grinding is always there, and i actually think that alot of it is less mandatory and more up to how much you want to grind yourself.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

25 pages for people to realize MMOs has always been a grind. You grind rep, used to grind out levels, you grind gear when a new raid is release, you grind points, etc. This is nothing new. What I get from people. They want the BiS in each slot, Log on the day they raid, do that and log off and say, "see you guys next week"

My guild had someone in the guild that complain constantly about grinding out for gear, etc. We ask the questions "Just want BiS and log in once a week?" His answer was yes. It wasn't about time commitments, it was about being a lazy douche. People that went through the process to fly, he hated you with a passion. Sad to see he got pissed off at us mocking him to gquit on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has always been a grind, from its humble beginnings where you kill x mobs for y items on a z% drop chance.

WoW has always been about getting out from the time you put in, the more you put in, the more you get out of it.

Complaining about this now is like complaining that sticking your hand in a fire burned your hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree. I tried to get back into it a couple months ago and the game is just so monotonous anymore. EVERYTHING is just a daily grind. Want flying? Then go grind rep for 5 months. Want this certain upgrade? Then grind this dungeon/raid until you the RNG gods bless you. It's just like everything at end game requires some drawn out tedious grind and it sucks the fun right out of me. I tried focusing on just working on getting flying and I found myself just logging on to grind out a few dailies and that was it. I used to log on and play for HOURS and just get lost in the world doing different things. Now its more like some daily chore.

It's disappointing because whenever they release new content and story for the expansions I want to come back but then I remember how grindy it is and then I'm like "naahh". You'd think after 13 years of developing this game they would've thought of a way to make the end game content more engaging and fun. I mean a couple times they did. Isle of Quel Danas was probably the most fun I had grinding in WoW ever. It was still grinding yeah but at least you felt like you were fighting in this huge battle and making actual progress that you can actually see. They did it with the Firelands daily zone too and I found that fun also. Why not do more of that? Build on that a little more and I'm sure it could become really fun.

QUIT NECROING!

It's annoying.