We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    you know things are bad when even the community ambassadors are a sham....

  2. #102
    Dreadlord Laubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    The 4th Dimension.
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    you know things are bad when even the community ambassadors are a sham....
    Oh come on. Slipmat is a meme at this point.
    The Scrapbot doesn't allow me to be in Beta. So I have to write it like this.

  3. #103
    this Sums up the game entirely

  4. #104
    Herald of the Titans Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Generation snowflake" is what you call anyone critical of these decisions?
    Generation Snowflake is now an accepted term:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

    It's even an accepted Dictionary entry, sometimes called Snowflake Generation:

    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...ake-generation

    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...ake-generation

    http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...ake-generation

    You can go to any Game Forum, including this site, and instantly see examples of it.

  5. #105
    Over 9000! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with the Tifosi.
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Generation Snowflake is now an accepted term:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

    It's even an accepted Dictionary entry, sometimes called Snowflake Generation:

    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...ake-generation

    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...ake-generation

    http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...ake-generation

    You can go to any Game Forum, including this site, and instantly see examples of it.
    Nobody was asking if it was an accepted term or not were they? You were using it to try and sweep criticism under the rug which doesn't work.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

  6. #106
    Maybe if they'd open up a server that was just the original game and nothing else...I'd really enjoy that.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Generation Snowflake is now an accepted term:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

    It's even an accepted Dictionary entry, sometimes called Snowflake Generation:

    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...ake-generation

    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...ake-generation

    http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...ake-generation

    You can go to any Game Forum, including this site, and instantly see examples of it.
    And that matters why? You're still insulting anyone that dares criticize anything with Rift/Trion, which creates the appearance that its community, which you are an "ambassador" for, is hyper-insular and hostile towards outsiders who don't share their fanatical devotion.

    Or did you just want to argue semantics because you have nothing to actually discuss that's on topic?

  8. #108
    Over 9000! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with the Tifosi.
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Maybe if they'd open up a server that was just the original game and nothing else...I'd really enjoy that.
    I still maintain what I said. I they opened up Vanilla Rift servers or Storm Legion then I'd play the shit out of it.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

  9. #109
    I think vanilla right right up to the expansion, so it has the dungeon finder and the new soul and profession settings and Ember Isle would be the perfect setup....as long as others would play so it was populated enough to do the dungeons and raids.

  10. #110
    Over 9000! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with the Tifosi.
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I think vanilla right right up to the expansion, so it has the dungeon finder and the new soul and profession settings and Ember Isle would be the perfect setup....as long as others would play so it was populated enough to do the dungeons and raids.
    Honestly. They could make it B2P and I'd buy it. Vanilla or Storm Legion.

    They actually had content unlike Starfall.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And that matters why? You're still insulting anyone that dares criticize anything with Rift/Trion, which creates the appearance that its community, which you are an "ambassador" for, is hyper-insular and hostile towards outsiders who don't share their fanatical devotion.

    Or did you just want to argue semantics because you have nothing to actually discuss that's on topic?
    Community Ambassador is just a tag they throw at anyone who will blindly defend them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-23 at 04:59 PM.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

  11. #111
    Herald of the Titans Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And that matters why? You're still insulting anyone that dares criticize anything with Rift/Trion, which creates the appearance that its community, which you are an "ambassador" for, is hyper-insular and hostile towards outsiders who don't share their fanatical devotion.
    Are you really trying to tell me that every single post on this sub Forum is by genuine, concerned players and not one post is a trolling, game bashing one? seriously?

    While there are a few concerned players you cannot say that every post is a "constructive criticism" one.

  12. #112
    Over 9000! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with the Tifosi.
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Are you really trying to tell me that every single post on this sub Forum is by genuine, concerned players and not one post is a trolling, game bashing one? seriously?

    While there are a few concerned players you cannot say that every post is a "constructive criticism" one.
    And yours aren't blindly defending the game? God forbid people say something mean about Trion or Rift right? They pretty much brought it on themselves when they started swapping quality for how fast they can make money. Raid gear, Gear slots and Soul packs are some prime examples of when quality started to dip.

    The majority of posters here myself included are vocally critical of Rift because we want it to improve. All you do here is vehemently defend it (which by the way you are in the minority in on the official forums too) and take shots at any poster here dismissing their critique as "bashing".

    If you genuinely think the quality of content so far is acceptable then that is blind defense. Because I've never played a game where content has been this unpolished or disabled consistently on launch because they never tested it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-23 at 05:09 PM.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Are you really trying to tell me that every single post on this sub Forum is by genuine, concerned players and not one post is a trolling, game bashing one? seriously?
    Nope, I never said nor implied that. However, if people are here just to game bash, report them. That's against the rules and folks get hit for that (I think even in this thread). That's the proper way to deal with people bashing the game, reporting them and not engaging.

    You acting just as shitty in return doesn't benefit any discussion here, nor does it reflect well back upon the Rift community.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    While there are a few concerned players you cannot say that every post is a "constructive criticism" one.
    Never said that. You're putting words in my mouth (well, fingers) with statements like this in order to have the discussion you want to have rather than the discussion that's actually going on. That's your problem to deal with, not mine.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nobody outside of WoW fans looking to shit on other games and a hyperminority of the hardest of hardcore fans have unironically called a game a "WoW killer" since the days of WAR.
    Sorry to disagree, but I clearly remember hordes of posters claiming seriously that Rift was the wow killer.

  15. #115
    Over 9000! Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with the Tifosi.
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but I clearly remember hordes of posters claiming seriously that Rift was the wow killer.
    Hordes of posters have claimed nearly every big MMO after WoW would. And well here we are 13 years later.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

  16. #116
    was a interesting PRODUCER’S LETTER mr Archonix has passion for the game and apparently the criticism and trolling is so bad it was even mentioned in the LETTER
    i do hope rift can get back on track....


    https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/845421394892599296
    more of this kind of thing you don't see this from any other company
    Last edited by lokoma; 2017-03-25 at 05:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •