Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It goes into the air genius. In both cases. But a LC puts more of said heat into the air while an air cooler allows the cpu to retain more of it. Complicated shit. Oh, and most of what you said is bullshit.

At the time I bought my loop it was noctuas. And guess what, they came with my loop just like they came with your massive weight you attached to your mobo.
    Do you even know how much of that heat is contained in the IHS? Basically nothing. You know nothing about even the most basic physics.

Also, Noctua is a company, not a product. I asked for the fan not the company that made it.

I don't have any massive weight attached to my mobo, check my pc in the link you noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    The build denpepe did is quite good, but also remember to buy a really good monitor aswell. Get 1 with 1440p, 144hz, G-sync. You will not regret it and you do not wanna have a beast computer but then be to cheap to buy a real good monitor.

Sorry I don't remember the exact serial numbers off the top of my head. You seem very triggered by being called out for bullshitting people. Sorry about this mistake with your POS computer. Good luck building something better next time.
    I know you mad and all but that is like one of the sickest custom builds I have ever seen.

Deleted
    @crilliam

The G-sync part here is unnecessary imo. If you take a beast gpu like the 1080ti, you will NOT need g-sync. Currently running a 980ti on a 144hz, 1440p monitor that also has gsync. It isn't worth the extra cost due to the fact that you will already get smooth gameplay above 60+ fps.
    G-sync has only proven useful to me when a game ran lower than 55 fps average, which very few games do at that resolution.

Edit: Also, aircooling will do just fine with a noctua cooler. Unless, as stated by others, you plan on overclocking.

Besides that, the proposed build is simply a beast that will run practically everything as smooth as silk.
    Last edited by mmoc0daa967e54; 2017-03-12 at 05:55 PM.

Deleted
    Woops, my bad and fixed

Sorry I don't remember the exact serial numbers off the top of my head. You seem very triggered by being called out for bullshitting people. Sorry about this mistake with your POS computer. Good luck building something better next time.
    calls others triggered but is trigger incarnate, awesome
    It's ok, you don't even know which fans you have and are too embarrassed to say some name of a fan you've heard of because you don't even know if they're good or not. (pro tip: the best of the best are Noctua NF-F12 (wow, so much to remember!) and EK Vardar)

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    This thing should handle most of what you want

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($85.49 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($217.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 4 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($114.97 @ Jet)
    Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($249.99 @ B&H)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card ($699.89 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic PRIME 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($157.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2110.28
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-12 08:43 EDT-0400

Now I would advise to wait for non founders edition GPU's to come out of the 180Ti they should run cooler and faster.

SLI is still somewhat hit or miss, when correctly implemented the gains can be quite substantial but the drawbacks when it does not can be frustrating and we usually recommend just buying the single most powerfull card you can afford.

For liquid cooling, I would not do it (a custom loop that is) whatevcer solution you use will not get the CPU cooler then ambient, getting an AC for your computer room may have a better effect.

The setup I made can be made a bit cheaper if you wanted but I chose good quality stuff that should last you some years and still falls well within your budget.

The Rysen CPU's are not bad, if you have need for the extra cores you xould look into it, but for gaming only the intel i7 7700k is more or less the best option atm.
    Wow lots of good info here! Thank you all for the input you've provided. I think I may take some of the advice here and refrain from liquid cooling for now, nab a non-founder's edition 1080Ti or see what this new Vega is all about, go for the 8c/16t Ryzen CPU, a G-Sync 1440p 144hz gaming monitor (won't be skimping on that), and throw it together with the other parts Denpepe has suggested here.

Again, I appreciate all the help folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't OC this entire conversation is moot as you use the stock cooler... thanks for "adding" though.
    No need to embarrass yourself further. The OP didn't say he wants to OC anything, an oversized heatsink should be enough for his room.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Keep the discussion civil and on topic please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You've got to also consider the loop order. You don't want to be putting your CPU right after your GPU's in the loop or vice versa. You'd want Res > GPU's > Rad > CPU ideally, or if you've got 2 radiators, add another one after CPU before going back to res.
    Don't want to drag this more than it already has in this thread but Synthaxx thats not entirely true. To keep it short, as a immediate effect yes the cpu will get "hot" water from the gpu(s) in the loop but thats for a few seconds in the beginning but nothing major. Soon after that water in the loop will come at a equilibrium and should have 0 negative effects.

@ Oxhart there isn't much else than what Denpepe listed and mentioned about the gpu, its a good setup for your budget and you will be happy (the psu is a little overkill tho).
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2017-03-14 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    @ Oxhart there isn't much else than what Denpepe listed and mentioned about the gpu, its a good setup for your budget and you will be happy (the psu is a little overkill tho).
    Thank you.