Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair to Celista some people are proper fuckheads when lifting. Yelling and hollering trying to psyche themselves up for a 365 DL... I mean be happy or whatever but no need to be yelling. Grunts are acceptable as its basically inevitable pushing your max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    To be fair to Celista some people are proper fuckheads when lifting. Yelling and hollering trying to psyche themselves up for a 365 DL... I mean be happy or whatever but no need to be yelling. Grunts are acceptable as its basically inevitable pushing your max.
    Define "yelling"?
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Define "yelling"?
    Like literal yelling, screaming. Shit like "LETS FUCKING GO!" before they pull. That stuff is annoying as hell in a public gym. I mean I do it too but only if I'm at my buddies personal gym but if I'm in public I'm always mindful of my volume.

Like literal yelling, screaming. Shit like "LETS FUCKING GO!" before they pull. That stuff is annoying as hell in a public gym. I mean I do it too but only if I'm at my buddies personal gym but if I'm in public I'm always mindful of my volume.
    Yeah psyching yourself up in a commercial gym is weak-sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Or they can just not and people can not bitch about shit that couldn't possibly matter less! Problem solved!

Or they can just not and people can not bitch about shit that couldn't possibly matter less! Problem solved!
    Just because you don't understand that people like using the scale at the gym (for reasons outside of simple weight loss) doesn't mean it should be gotten rid of people "feelings".

I also find it ironic that you are bitching about people bitching about something that you say doesn't matter while giving opinion that doesn't matter.

Clearly the problem is that I couldn't figure out that people like using the scale at the gym and not that it's a silly nontroversy from start to finish. It sure is a good thing I have Professor zenkai here to set me straight on that fact.
    Lets look at the OP's Link

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...ersy-1.4021378

Weight scale 'vital' for boxers, rowers, student says

Aaron Bens, a communication and media studies student at Carleton, wrote to CBC that he is "frustrated" by the university's decision, which he argues is "the next escalation of trigger culture."

"We stand up for free speech and defend the books that offend certain people because of their merits. They can simply choose not to read them. This is the same thing. Those who are offended by the scale can simply choose not to use the scale," Bens wrote

Exactly, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i also scream "death to draenei" when lifting weights in a public gym.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

OK, and? It's a paraphrased quote from some random student.
    Have you ever gone through weight management to go into a class?

I've never denied that it could be useful for some athletes. I've suggested it's pretty crazy to think that removing a scale of some unknown caliber from the gym means the school would flat out deny access to whatever scales their student athletes need to participate in their sports. Again, even in high school student athletes have access to more equipment than the student body at large.
    Then keep the damn scale. The people who complain about "body possitivity" are not the ones who will be affected by this.

OK, and? It's a paraphrased quote from some random student.
    That has a good point?

Or, people could just not use a scale if they somehow feel "triggered" by scales and this wouldn't even be a thread! Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Moronic, but at least they're hearing the growing unrest of the other side.
    If the other side cant exist with a weight scale in a GYM, they have nothing worth hearing to begin with.

You don't even know if the scale is an appropriate type for making such precise measurements as people have claimed they need to make for whatever sport. People are going off the paraphrased claim of some random student, who as far as we know may have never even been to the gym and is just another person responding to some story they heard about. As for people who will be affected? Again, the point is that I am quite certain that if the university spends money on sports teams that need a high quality scale, that those teams will continue to have access to such equipment, regardless of whether or not whatever type of scale they had in the gym continues to be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Or people could just not get "triggered" because oh god a scale is no longer there how will I carry on with my life and this wouldn't even be a thread! Problem solved!

Though this is kind of boring, so I'll be ignoring the next one if it's as vapid as your current offerings.
    I train with powerlifters who regularly drop weight classes to compete. The gym has a weight scale not only for them but for everyone who wants to measure their weight. At the end of the weight cut they become absolutely neurotic and measure themselves both at home and at the gym because the weigh-ins are often done wherever there can be hired a room and the old medicine weight scales.

Bottom line is - keep the damn weight scale.

Or people could just not get "triggered" because oh god a scale is no longer there how will I carry on with my life and this wouldn't even be a thread! Problem solved!

Though this is kind of boring, so I'll be ignoring the next one if it's as vapid as your current offerings.
    Stop getting triggered Nixx. Its just some students wanting to keep their scale in the gym area. You're really making a big deal out of a nontroversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    If the other side cant exist with a weight scale in a GYM, they have nothing worth hearing to begin with.
    Bad wording on my part, other side meant to be the people complaining about the removal.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I understand promoting a healthy body image, but weight is still a factor. They would be better off directing their effort towards the message of a healthy body image than removing the means for people to gauge progress.