After Scalebound Cancellation, Producer Leaves The Company

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/aft...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Platinum Games producer JP Kellams has left the Japanese developer after almost a decade. In a statement posted to Instagram, Kellams said he is grateful for his time at the Bayonetta, MadWorld, and Scalebound studio, and is leaving the team because branching out is part of his DNA.
    "15 years ago, I came to Japan to fulfill my childhood dream of making games with my heroes," he said. "No matter how hard the day, I always walked into the office in awe of the creativity around me, and with the joy that working with each and every one of my coworkers brought me. It is hard to say goodbye to them, to PlatinumGames, and to Japan. Yet, embracing new challenges is part of my DNA, and after almost 10 years of working with the team (more with my Capcom/Clover days), it is time to move on to new challenges that I'm excited to share soon. I'll be forever grateful to all people who have touched this journey, because they've shaped who I am."

"Platinum maintains its luster forever."

Kellams leaves Platinum Games following the cancellation of the developer's high-profile and ambitious-sounding Xbox One and PC game Scalebound. It is unclear if Kellams' departure from Platinum Games is in any way tied to the game's shutdown.

His LinkedIn page shows that he was involved with Scalebound from its start, including the pitch to Microsoft, and eventually led a team of over 100 developers on the title.

Before joining Platinum Games, Kellams worked at Capcom in the localization/game writing department.

On his Twitter page, Kellams updated his bio to say, "Currently riding bikes. Or drinking beer. Nah. Probably just eating donuts."
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well thats how it works in Japanese business, product fails and the head takes the shame. Though a lot of sites suggest there was trouble between him and Kamiya, Kellams is more social justice dev leaning and Kamiya is Kamiya and thats oil and water.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-03-13 at 10:01 PM.