Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    New Order Hall Quest, Demon Hunter Class Mount, Shar'thos, Midwinter Interview, Rend

    PTR Patch 2.5.0.44247, Reddit Blue Post, Li-Ming Cosplay

    Hearthstone Week in Review: March 6 - 12

    New Order Hall Quest - Investigate the Broken Shore
    A new quest has appeared in your Order Hall!




    Patch 7.2 - Demon Hunter Class Mount
    Today we are taking a look at the Demon Hunter class mount. It's also worth nothing that Demon Hunters can purchase A Tiny Set of Warglaives from a vendor in their Class Hall for 1000 x Order Resources.



    Demon Hunter Class Mount





    World Boss - Shar'thos
    The Sleeping Corruption is up this week, so you can head to Val'sharah to kill Shar'thos for a chance at item level 860 loot, a Shadow Relic, and a piece of the Fury Warrior hidden artifact appearance.



    Weekly Bonus Event - Battlegrounds
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    A new weekly quest and rewards are here—steel yourself for Battleground combat!

    Seven Days on the Battlegrounds
    All this week, heading to the Battlegrounds will net you some extra Honor along with bonus loot for completing this week’s quest. To enter the fray, open Group Finder (default hotkey: I) and then select the Player vs. Player tab. Next choose Casual, select Random Battlegrounds, and hit the Join Battle button—you’ll be matched up with other players and sent to one of the 11 battlegrounds.

    Weekly Quest
    Before you get started, Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. Win four random Battlegrounds, and you’ll be rewarded with 5 Marks of Honor, a Badge of Honor (1000 Honor), and a Glory of the Melee Artifact Power token (base 500 AP).

    Battleground Buff
    This week you gain 50% more Honor in Battlegrounds.

    A New Event Every Week
    The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.

    Midwinter Interview
    Our friends over at Method have an interview with Midwinter about why they decided to stop progression raiding and what can be done to fix it.



    Rend - New Survival Game
    A few ex-World of Warcraft developers have come together to make a survival game with both PvP and PvE elements. Neal Acree created the music in the trailer below. Check out Gamepedia for more details about the game, scheduled to be released to Steam early access in early 2017.



    Last edited by chaud; 2017-03-14 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Immortal FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    7,781
    wait a gosh darn second
    it isnt tuesday yet!

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Peacekeeper Benhir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Re-tooling the Exodar, Argus or bust!
    Posts
    4,290
    Give us a darker option please! One without all the glitz and gold armor. We are demon hunters, not paladins. I like my mounts to match the rest of my mog: dark and sinister.

    - - - Updated - - -

    How great would it be if these worked similar to our artifact weapons? Various achievements could unlock new appearances for our class mount - different colors, different armor, etc.

    For many of us, mounts are part of our overall transmog (just like our weapons). Having only one appearance is limiting in that respect. Yeah, we can use other mounts, just like we can mog our artifacts into other weapons, but we all enjoy collecting alternative skins for our artifacts. I'm betting most of us would enjoy doing the same for our class mounts.

    Peacekeeper Benhir .~.~.~. Felfaadaern Darkterror
    Main Tanks, Keystone Masters, AotC-Gul'dan

  4. #4
    Demon hunter Pepe is totally adorable!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    dark and sinister.
    That sounds like rogue to me! Glowing stuff is more Demon Hunter! Green is dominant color for Demon Hunters. Has quite alot of green imo. Looks decent


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  6. #6
    So does this mean that 7.2 is next week?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Give us a darker option please! One without all the glitz and gold armor. We are demon hunters, not paladins. I like my mounts to match the rest of my mog: dark and sinister.

    - - - Updated - - -

    How great would it be if these worked similar to our artifact weapons? Various achievements could unlock new appearances for our class mount - different colors, different armor, etc.

    For many of us, mounts are part of our overall transmog (just like our weapons). Having only one appearance is limiting in that respect. Yeah, we can use other mounts, just like we can mog our artifacts into other weapons, but we all enjoy collecting alternative skins for our artifacts. I'm betting most of us would enjoy doing the same for our class mounts.
    Use a different mount like everyone else. As for your alternative skin idea, would cost us a whole expansion, Bad idea.

  8. #8
    Hey mmochampion staff, "It's also worth nothing that Demon Hunters can purchase A Tiny Set of Warglaives " shouldnt it be "noting"?
    Yeah, i know...., im beying picky xD
    Cheers non the less
    Last edited by EpsylonPT; 2017-03-14 at 03:54 PM.

  9. #9
    A new quest has appeared in your Order Hall!
    not in MY Order Hall... 5 minutes wasted.

  10. #10
    The amount of WAAAA in Midwinter interview is outstanding...... basically they just say "Fuck you 90% of playerbase, just give us full AP weapon, free talent switch and full legendaries so we can clear everything in 1 week and be good with the game" "But how about the others millions of players?" "Who the hell cares!".

    They know that if you want to be number 1 in some activities you have to actually invest more time then everyone else in the world for it? It's simple logic. For example, in sport the bar is set by the best runner/swimmer etc, here is set by Blizzard. Can't reach or sustain it? Too bad for you, let who can do it win and claim their spot. Maybe next expansion will be better (for them).

  11. #11
    I swear, the WoW community will bitch about everything. I bet if Blizzard gave us each a month of game time for free, people would bitch and ask why it wasn't more.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    not in MY Order Hall... 5 minutes wasted.
    EU ? pretty sure we get it tomorrow

  13. #13
    Both the monk and DH class mounts could do without the dorky helmets, otherwise it looks cool. Just my 2 cents though.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The amount of WAAAA in Midwinter interview is outstanding...... basically they just say "Fuck you 90% of playerbase, just give us full AP weapon, free talent switch and full legendaries so we can clear everything in 1 week and be good with the game" "But how about the others millions of players?" "Who the hell cares!".

    They know that if you want to be number 1 in some activities you have to actually invest more time then everyone else in the world for it? It's simple logic. For example, in sport the bar is set by the best runner/swimmer etc, here is set by Blizzard. Can't reach or sustain it? Too bad for you, let who can do it win and claim their spot. Maybe next expansion will be better (for them).
    Midwinter are right though, and you are oh so very wrong. Plus you lie, they only want AP/character, not weapon, which is just fine, as it won't affect you at all. This is supposed to be a game, not a job. They also just want increased drop rates for legendaries, which yet again, would not affect you.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Give us a darker option please! One without all the glitz and gold armor. We are demon hunters, not paladins. I like my mounts to match the rest of my mog: dark and sinister.

    - - - Updated - - -

    How great would it be if these worked similar to our artifact weapons? Various achievements could unlock new appearances for our class mount - different colors, different armor, etc.

    For many of us, mounts are part of our overall transmog (just like our weapons). Having only one appearance is limiting in that respect. Yeah, we can use other mounts, just like we can mog our artifacts into other weapons, but we all enjoy collecting alternative skins for our artifacts. I'm betting most of us would enjoy doing the same for our class mounts.
    Your every day edgy teenager.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The amount of WAAAA in Midwinter interview is outstanding...... basically they just say "Fuck you 90% of playerbase, just give us full AP weapon, free talent switch and full legendaries so we can clear everything in 1 week and be good with the game" "But how about the others millions of players?" "Who the hell cares!".

    They know that if you want to be number 1 in some activities you have to actually invest more time then everyone else in the world for it? It's simple logic. For example, in sport the bar is set by the best runner/swimmer etc, here is set by Blizzard. Can't reach or sustain it? Too bad for you, let who can do it win and claim their spot. Maybe next expansion will be better (for them).
    They're raising extremely valid points. They don't want to just clear everything in 1 week. They want to be able to change specs and change classes as needed, and not just be locked into one class with one spec or face a mind bogglingly long and boring grind to add a single other spec (of whatever class) as an option.
    They put in more hours grinding for progression raiding than anyone, and now they're being asked to double that time requirement.

    And those points are valid for regular players, too. I've got a bunch of chars at rank 34 artifact weapons, so they're all semi-playable, but none of them are competitive with the players who stuck to just one spec on one character. And they're all short on legendaries, because I chose to play multiple characters instead of just one.

    It's a horrible system, and it really sucks the fun out of alts and the game in general.

    There are a lot of good elements to Legion, but those I just mentioned are game breaking. They're vampire mechanics that suck the fun right out of endgame content.

    And then there are the broken specs. Hunters got royally fucked in 7.1.5, and many classes have talents that just plain don't make any sense, leaving you with only one real worthwhile option per tier.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Midwinter are right though, and you are oh so very wrong. Plus you lie, they only want AP/character, not weapon, which is just fine, as it won't affect you at all. This is supposed to be a game, not a job. They also just want increased drop rates for legendaries, which yet again, would not affect you.
    Well, if you can also tell me what lies in the future, o great one!

    I care about AP not being per character, because i am a damn casual that want to collect a tiny bit of AP every day for the 30 minute i can play, and not maxing out after 2 weeks. And i don't want increase drop rates for legendaries, i want a sense of surprise when i get them, and not just an item in my bag to change when i want. And you know why? Because in the end, you are right, this is a GAME, not a job.

    Your turn.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NileRoan View Post
    They're raising extremely valid points. They don't want to just clear everything in 1 week. They want to be able to change specs and change classes as needed, and not just be locked into one class with one spec or face a mind bogglingly long and boring grind to add a single other spec (of whatever class) as an option.
    They put in more hours grinding for progression raiding than anyone, and now they're being asked to double that time requirement.

    And those points are valid for regular players, too. I've got a bunch of chars at rank 34 artifact weapons, so they're all semi-playable, but none of them are competitive with the players who stuck to just one spec on one character. And they're all short on legendaries, because I chose to play multiple characters instead of just one.

    It's a horrible system, and it really sucks the fun out of alts and the game in general.

    There are a lot of good elements to Legion, but those I just mentioned are game breaking. They're vampire mechanics that suck the fun right out of endgame content.

    And then there are the broken specs. Hunters got royally fucked in 7.1.5, and many classes have talents that just plain don't make any sense, leaving you with only one real worthwhile option per tier.
    The only thing i see here it's how Blizzard made the game too easy for the "hardcore" players last expansions, specially in WoD. Now everyone and their son want to be competitive in MYTHIC (THE PINNACLE OF DIFFICULTY) with 10 alts and 20 specs. 34 trait are more then enough for clearing non mythic content. You want more? You step up.

    The system cuold be better? Of course, everything in the universe can be better, but i prefer this then the boredom of WoD (for someone who does not only raid).

  18. #18
    First interview I have read from the top end guilds who could actually reflect a bit. Especially Kaowa there had some good points. And see that blizzard is doing very good for us more casual people, but yes I also can understand that for a top 10-20 raiding guild its a bit more to do now to stay competetive. Yes, Legendary system could do some work, AP is fine how it is, but for top mythic guilds, lots of farming. The comment about Maw of Souls and the picture was hilarious :P

    But for Midwinter retiring, looks that real life took some of the officers, and they didn't want to do the job to get new people in their officer-system, more than the AP-legendary grind itself. Since most of their rooster is going to another guild. They didn't blame AP/legendary for it though, but I am pretty sure someone on these forums will take it that way and use them as another example why Legion sucks! :P

  19. #19
    Legendary! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New New York
    Posts
    6,708
    Game looks like it's still in Alpha, don't they mean release date is Spring 2018???

  20. #20
    Immortal FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    7,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Give us a darker option please! One without all the glitz and gold armor. We are demon hunters, not paladins. I like my mounts to match the rest of my mog: dark and sinister.

    - - - Updated - - -

    How great would it be if these worked similar to our artifact weapons? Various achievements could unlock new appearances for our class mount - different colors, different armor, etc.

    For many of us, mounts are part of our overall transmog (just like our weapons). Having only one appearance is limiting in that respect. Yeah, we can use other mounts, just like we can mog our artifacts into other weapons, but we all enjoy collecting alternative skins for our artifacts. I'm betting most of us would enjoy doing the same for our class mounts.
    you mean like how the mount literally exactly pairs with your new teir?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •