1. #1
    Epic! HavelTheRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,668

    The weirdest game you've played.

    So I just got out of a few comp games as a full 6 queue at 1650-1800 rating where the other team was also a 6 queue, but they weren't playing the objectives at all. They were all VASTLY superior players, we ended up spawn camped in every game, except they would let us take the points before they proceeded to thoroughly wipe the floor with us.

    The only thing any of them said was "we speak cantonese" when we asked why they were doing this. I assume they're together tanking ratings so they can have some fun destroying low rank players, and hey, if they're giving out free wins at the same time I'm certainly not complaining.

    We played these guys 3 times in a row and the whole time we're all going "wtf is happening right now?" and it got me wondering, have any of you played a game that's had you thinking "wait what's going on here?"

    Share your crazy stories!

  2. #2
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    16,933
    Played a couple games with a small group intentionally trying to tank their ratings, but they weren't weird, just frustrating. Wish they had done a full six group instead of just sabotaging the games by instalocking useful heroes and then hanging around on the backfield all match but WHATEVER.

    Only "weird" game I've been in lately was the game where we decided to do all support for giggles, so it was five supports and a hanzo. We won.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  3. #3
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,172
    Certainly a weird experience when you've got your DM up, covering your Pharah to take out Bastion; and she just takes off and out of your protection to get instantly ripped to pieces...

  4. #4
    Watch those objectives. So I solo queue into a Quick match and am paired with a team of 5. The match had already started, we are attacking on Eisenwald and we have a solid meta. So I figure I'll take Roadhog out for a quick sit rep and change as needed. Holy hell. It seemed as though my team was being picked off and no one was working together. I decide to just head for the payload. I don't see anyone. My team or the enemy. I stand on the payload and ride it to the gate. Where I finally meet an enemy Bastion who is too busy spraying wall art to pay me any mind. I continue to ride the payload to the first corner and Bastion wakes up. We duel... hook, bam, bam dead Bastion. Second corner Bastion comes out of their respawn area and waves. Payload delivered. Victory. I'm left baffled AF.
    Last edited by Kalium; 2017-03-21 at 03:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    4,594
    whenever I play a quick match and people are throwing it for no reason are pretty weird, especially thios one, where a Mei and Roadhog are roll playing... :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-16 at 03:18 PM.

  6. #6
    I was about 600+ levels until I played a game where I got 0 eliminations O:

  7. #7
    Playing competitive on attack on the second point of Hanamura. The team kept going to the top right and getting wiped in a large team fight. I waited for one to begin and then as soldier I walked in the front door, went to the point and crouched in a corner near the stairs. Solo capped the entire thing. This was in plat, not bronze or silver. Still have no idea how no one noticed.

  8. #8
    I was just thinking I don't have a weird or strange game and went for a shower.

    I came out of the shower and heard Temple of Anubis, went to my computer and there I am, hero selection screen in comp. No one is in the flat besides me and I didn't touch the computer at all.

    To make it worse, we had a platinum pharah on our team (this is a Silver gold rating), then the enemy started crushing us, the hanzo and mcree were shit hot with their aim, and two other people on my team said are they aim botting. We said, look your reported your either aim botting or shit hot at aiming, if your just that good you have nothing to worry about. Instantly they replied "These are our smurf accounts and we are boosting these two" one was platinum one was bronze. Then at the end the cheeky fucks said we can boost you for a small fee.

    TL;DR a ghost entered me into comp, got paired with platinum boosters, got crushed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Played a couple games with a small group intentionally trying to tank their ratings, but they weren't weird, just frustrating. Wish they had done a full six group instead of just sabotaging the games by instalocking useful heroes and then hanging around on the backfield all match but WHATEVER.

    Only "weird" game I've been in lately was the game where we decided to do all support for giggles, so it was five supports and a hanzo. We won.
    3v3 game mode, going Zen, Ana and mercy is hilarious as well

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Playing competitive on attack on the second point of Hanamura. The team kept going to the top right and getting wiped in a large team fight. I waited for one to begin and then as soldier I walked in the front door, went to the point and crouched in a corner near the stairs. Solo capped the entire thing. This was in plat, not bronze or silver. Still have no idea how no one noticed.
    I have a similar story on Hanamura, though I was Mercy and I waltzed in their front door and capped the first point. I don't know what my team was doing and I don't know where the enemy team was except for a solider who sprinted past me to, presumably, join his teammates.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

  10. #10
    I queued up for a normal match a while back and everything was going smoothly. Then, all of a sudden, the D.va on the enemy team just stopped attacking and began following me around. I was playing as 76. At first I attacked her since I thought she might be playing some sort of trick and she wasn't using emotes to signal that she was 'friendly'. Her team were equally confused - typing in the chat and asking her to get back into the fight. She didn't respond to them either and since the enemy team was down a player my team ended up winning.

    In the next game she did the exact same thing. Again, no talking or emotes - just running around and going wherever I went. It happened for three consecutive games before I ended up having to take a break and eat some food. I said as much in the chat, didn't get a response to that or a friend request or anything. It didn't really bother me, I found it pretty amusing. It does have to be the weirdest situation I've encountered so far though.

  11. #11
    Banned GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    39,713
    Diamond rating

    Will never forget

    attacking on Eichenwalde. Having too much trouble with a fairly decent comp. Cant get passed the first door and cant get to the first point. 30 seconds left.

    Our other healer (I was Lucio) both tanks, and 1 of the DPS (the other dps who stayed on their char was queued with me) all switched. Genji, Widow, Torb, tracer

    We actually managed to get the first point and steam roll into the final point with seconds left.

    We won the second round and the game

  12. #12
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,172
    Okay, tonight has to have it. Now, I'm 2070 rating but tonight, I don't think I've been paired against a single team without a Diamond - Masters player; one of them was a very good Widow; I was very jealous.

    But, I mean, these are people who I couldn't actually queue Comp with, and I have to play against them?

  13. #13
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    46,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Okay, tonight has to have it. Now, I'm 2070 rating but tonight, I don't think I've been paired against a single team without a Diamond - Masters player; one of them was a very good Widow; I was very jealous.

    But, I mean, these are people who I couldn't actually queue Comp with, and I have to play against them?
    If you're looking at the rank icon, that's their HIGHEST rank tier this season, not their CURRENT rank. FWIW.

  14. #14
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're looking at the rank icon, that's their HIGHEST rank tier this season, not their CURRENT rank. FWIW.
    I'm looking at the numbers.

  15. #15
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    16,933
    .....

    Round 1: Hanamura defense.
    Round 2: Illios Well

    In competitive.

    Then the next game we had someone leave on the character selection screen and we got a "waiting for players" skirmish. Which I have literally never had in competitive.

    Edit: Also WTF D.Va is totally disabled and unpickable.

    I think something is wacky with the servers tonight.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-04-28 at 04:35 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Watch those objectives. So I solo queue into a Quick match and am paired with a team of 5. The match had already started, we are attacking on Eisenwald and we have a solid meta. So I figure I'll take Roadhog out for a quick sit rep and change as needed. Holy hell. It seemed as though my team was being picked off and no one was working together. I decide to just head for the payload. I don't see anyone. My team or the enemy. I stand on the payload and ride it to the gate. Where I finally meet an enemy Bastion who is too busy spraying wall art to pay me any mind. I continue to ride the payload to the first corner and Bastion wakes up. We duel... hook, bam, bam dead Bastion. Second corner Bastion comes out of their respawn area and waves. Payload delivered. Victory. I'm left baffled AF.
    That sounds amazing. I would have loved to have played a game like that lol

    The weirdest thing that happened to me was when I was doing my placement games and 3 people on the other team was just spawn camping one of our supports (I was Mercy so I could solo heal) and the other 5 of us kept the other 3 enemies at bay and we won the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •