Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.2 PTR Legendary Items Changes - March 14, PTR Development Notes, PTR Build Deploy

BlizzCon 2017 - November 3 and 4

World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 2 releases today! You can see some spoilers in a recap format on the forum.

7.2 PTR Legendary Items Changes - March 14
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Developers' notes: We’re adding a small amount of baseline throughput (~1.5-2%) to current non-throughput legendaries or legendaries that have throughput, but work very infrequently, especially against dungeon/raid bosses.
    All Classes
    • All Specs
      • Sephuz's Secret
        • Now always grants 10% increased movement speed and 3% Haste.
        • When triggered, this bonus is increased to the current values of 70% movement speed and 25% Haste.
        • Movement speed bonuses now stack with other movement speed bonuses.

Death Knight/Paladin/Warrior
    • All Specs
      • Aggramar's Stride
        • Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
        • Now grants movement speed equal to 75% of your Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, or Versatility, whichever is highest.

Mage/Priest/Warlock
    • All Specs
      • Norgannon's Foresight
        • Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940), as a third bonus secondary stat.

Hunter/Shaman
    • All Specs
      • Roots of Shaladrassil
        • Now has an additional 658 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940), as a third bonus secondary stat.

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • All Specs
      • Acherus Drapes
        • Now has an additional 771 Mastery (@ ilvl 940), as a third bonus secondary stat.
    • Blood
    • Unholy
      • Death March
        • Now also increases Death Strike and Death Coil damage by 15%.

Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • All Specs
    • Balance
    • Feral
    • Guardian
      • Oakheart's Puny Quods
        • Barkskin instantly grants 45 Rage plus an additional 30 Rage (was 15 Rage) over 3 seconds.
    • Restoration
      • The Dark Titan's Advice
        • Now also causes Lifebloom’s periodic healing to have a 5% chance to trigger the final healing effect.
      • Tearstone of Elune
        • Allies healed by your Wild Growth have a 15% (was 20%) chance to also gain Rejuvenation.
      • X'oni's Caress
        • Now also reduces Ironbark’s cooldown by 25%.
      • Essence of Infusion
        • Tranquility heals targets below 60% (was 50%) health for 60% (was 50%) more.
      • Aman'Thul's Wisdom
        • Redesigned. When your Rejuvenation heals a full health target, its duration is increased by 3 seconds, up to a maximum total increase of 15 seconds per cast.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • All Specs
    • Fire
      • Pyrotex Ignition Cloth
        • Phoenix Flames reduces the remaining cooldown on Combustion by 9 seconds (was 6 seconds).

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Mistweaver
      • Eye of Collidus the Warp-Watcher
        • Each time Soothing Mist heals, the absorb amount of your next Life Cocoon is increased by 3% (was 1%), stacking up to 50 times (was 100).
        • Fixed a bug where the second Soothing Mist from Unison Spaulders did not grant a second stack of the buff.
      • Ovyd's Winter Wrap
        • Redesigned slightly. Each time Enveloping Mist heals, its healing bonus has a 50% chance to spread to an injured ally within 30 yards.
      • Ei'thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas
        • Redesigned. Uplifting Trance increases your Vivify healing by an additional 20% and causes it to heal 1 additional target.
    • Windwalker
      • Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch
        • Now also increases Touch of Death’s damage by 40%.
      • Katsuo's Eclipse
        • Reduce the cost of Fists of Fury by 1 Chi (was 2 Chi).
      • Drinking Horn Cover
        • The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is reduced by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend.
      • March of the Legion
        • Now has an additional 641 Mastery (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Holy/Protection
      • Uther's Guard
        • Now has an additional 797 Haste (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
    • Holy
    • Protection
    • Retribution
      • Aegisjalmur, the Armguards of Awe
        • Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
        • Triggered Shield of Vengeance amount reduced from 200% to 100%.

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • All Specs
      • Will of Valeera
        • Now has an additional 658 Mastery (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Enhancement
      • Akainu's Absolute Justice
        • Lava Lash deals 50% (was 30%) increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • All Specs
    • Protection
      • The Walls Fell
        • Now also increases Shield Slam’s Rage generation by 2.
      • Thundergod's Vigor
        • Each enemy you hit with Thunder Clap reduces the remaining cooldown on Demoralizing Shout by 3 seconds (was 1 second).

PTR Development Notes - Build 23753
    This week’s PTR update contains mostly tuning changes, which include some of the mechanisms around the Broken Shore, but also a large round of adjustments to Legendary items. These adjustments are part of our overall goal to bring Legendaries more in line with each other in terms of value, particularly in how their benefits apply to your primary role (tanking, DPS, or healing).

This first round of adjustments is not comprehensive - in fact, we’ve already made some additional changes since this build was put together, and we expect tuning to continue as part of an ongoing process. Still, we’d greatly appreciate your feedback on these changes, as well as on any other Legendaries that are still in need of tuning. We’ve created a separate thread here with more details on exactly what changes have been made.

Thanks, and happy testing!

PTR Build Deploy 3/14/2017
    Greetings all,
    PTR Realms will be coming down today in order to deploy a new 7.2.0 build. No ETA for today's push but I'll ping the thread if things look like they're going to take longer than usual.

As always, I'll leave this thread open for discussion so long as conversations remain civil and adhere to forum guidelines.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-03-14 at 08:38 PM.

So now Fury warrs with Frothing Berserker + Aggramar's Stride + Sephuz’s Secret = Usain bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    So now Fury warrs with Frothing Berserker + Aggramar's Stride + Sephuz’s Secret = Usain bolt?
    Zoom Zoom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a release candidate ? :3

Lava Lash deals 50% (was 30%) increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand. - this still does not fix the problem with this legendary... the fact hailstorm is crap now...

Fantastic changes. I will never understand how the problem with pure utility legendaries was not recognized by the devs immediately during design and how it took so long to correct, but great changes nonetheless. Such a simple fix.

And enhancer wrists are still completly useless.

Was the SP bracer nerf really necessary?

Enhancement
    Akainu’s Absolute Justice
    Lava Lash deals 50% (was 30%) increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.
    Blizzard...

Just take off Frostbrand, leave it at 30% and you fixed the problem. Why is this so god damn difficult?

Deleted
    And a WW Monk with March of the Legion in the group too:P

Good changes overall. Seems odd that the Shadow Priest ring wasn't included or reworked.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hey guys, we're buffing the crap legendaries.

*nerfs Ret wrist*

Seems legit.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Lava Lash deals 50% (was 30%) increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand

- gg, still remains a stat stick.

Pillars of the Dark Portal still suck.

The devs still refuse to fix this crap system. Trade in these crap legendaries for tokens that I can trade in for ones that I actually want.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-03-14 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    Pillars of the Dark Portal still suck.

The devs still refuse to fix this crap system. Trade in these crap legendaries for tokens that I can trade in for ones that I actually want.
    It pisses me off that those legs are as bad as they are. I got them as my first legendary on my lock yesterday. I was not happy.

Disc ring is still incredibly bad. Overall changes are alright. Still, making the bis feral ring even better is hilarious

Deleted
    WAIT A MINUTE! Just... hold on a second there bab! They are buffing Sephus even more?!? Whaaaat? Now it looks awesome to have. Damn.. it made me excited now

add war machine to that just to kick things up a notch further

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hey guys, we're buffing the crap legendaries.

*nerfs Ret wrist*

Seems legit.
    If you think the bracers are bad, you are retarded. Lowest CD of any cheat death that puts out actually decent throughput if you use it correctly...

Secondly, they nerfed the shield amount, but slapped more stats on the thing. It's probably more of a buff than a nerf.

People like you give me cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Fantastic changes. I will never understand how the problem with pure utility legendaries was not recognized by the devs immediately during design and how it took so long to correct, but great changes nonetheless. Such a simple fix.
    easy because they underestimate players, and to an extent the value of legendaries, as most players look at absolute values, so which will give me the biggest dps/healing/tanking boost and undervaluing things like utility and surviveablilty (for non tanks) boosts, I mean look how hard it can be to get some players to use defensive abilities that are part of their class to make other players jobs easier in dungeons/raids, compound that with several specs having legendaries that massive increase their performance/output to reinforce the idea that if a legendary is not a dps boost it's bad