Deleted

900 Spiked Counterweight vs. 910 Might of Krosus

Hi all,

I wonder if SimC is simming the Counterweight correctly. I'm currently sitting on:

• 36047 Strength
    • 21 Crit
    • 28 Haste
    • 37 Mastery
    • 5 Versa

Testing in the Dummy: 704k with 3.34M / 2.8% Brutal Haymaker within 3 Minutes.

With DoS 895 and 910 Krosus. Simming about 690738 DPS. Was wondering about the Counterweight I got, which should be much worse than Krosus according to the list, but it's leaving me with the following stats if I replace Krosus with Counterweight:

• 33670 Strength
    • 21 Crit
    • 32 Haste
    • 37 Mastery
    • 5 Versa

Testing in the Dummy: 716k with 3.57M / 2.8% Colossal Smash within 3 Minutes.

And it's simming with 714065 DPS. Why? Does SimC sim the Counterweight correctly? Not sure if the procrate is correct in SimC. Or did I hit a Haste-breakpoint somehow? 24k seem to be a huge increase for a trinket which should be so much worse according to the FAQ. So, what's happening?
    Last edited by mmocda891a509f; 2017-03-15 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    A few things to point out here. So, first of all, as you should see on your scales, haste might be your best stat (depending on if you have 4 set or not, if not, should be almost as good as mastery), whereas strength should be your second worst, after crit. Obviously, Krosus has a lot more strength than haste, but as we 'softcap' around 30-31%ish, Spiked helps you out. One of the first 880 trinkets, back when that was cool, that I got, was the Spiked Counterweight. Mine simmed great aswell; But what you might realise is, that it does not proc that often in the field. Whereas you can save Krosus for when there is downtime, you cannot with counterweight. If it procs at the wrong moment, shit happens.
    It is all about the testing, either way, keep both. Krosus might be better when you hit your hastecap with other items.