Unhappy Trying to level a mage from lvl 60, but...

It's becoming a nightmare. Dungeon queues are 1 hour long at times, and 3 out of 4 quest hubs in Outland are cleared over and over by other faction's 110s for no apparent reasons apart from boredom, I guess.

Is dungeon spamming with an higher level rusher the only way to speed up the process? Also, where are those sweet DKs in the lvl 60s range, tanking dungeons like there's no tomorrow? I tried to create a farm group for dungeons, but no one joined in over a hour. 0 healers, too.

How did you level up lower characters? Last time I had to start from scratch was for my monk in MoP, and things seem pretty different nowadays.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Last time I leveled a bunch of characters, one of it was a mage because I wanted to try the fire spec and learn it "from scratch", it was in the Legion pre-event, with heirlooms and increased experience gains through potions. I have never leveled so fast.

Before the event, I got a DK, a hunter and a warlock to 100, on an RP-PvE server (well-populated but not overcrowded, Alliance side). I had no problems with leveling whatsoever. With my DK tank, I spent about half of the time in dungeons, and the other half leveled professions and did pet battles (with heirlooms, without exp potions). I was not leveling fast, because I played only sporadically, but I got a couple of levels each game session on that character. With hunter and warlock (both DPS like your mage), I run fewer instances and did more quests; here I got heirlooms and some exp potions.

But I also seldom experience griefing from the other faction in terms of killing quest givers or flight masters. Probably because I don't play on PvP servers anymore since WoD. Probably, RP servers are also a bit different, I only play on these. Anyway, heirlooms (and fast flying) greatly help speed up leveling in any case, so you are not forced to do all quests, but can focus on the ones you like to do. And if you are leveling a profession, you already get bonus XP from grinding mobs or collecting ore/herbs. I would not bother with dungeons much if you play a DPS character. You blow through quests so fast.

Dungeons are a waste of time for levelling ... just quest away. Queue for an instance every so often and quest whilst you wait.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Maybe try the other faction

All lower level zones are CRZ, nowadays. Tried different times of the day, on different days of the week and each time I had to wait 8-10 minutes for quest giver to respawn :/

Deleted
    You could search for players with the same level and then ask them if they'd be interested in forming an instance boost group. I've leveled super fast with a group that chainqueued for dungeons and cleared them quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Dungeons are a waste of time for levelling ... just quest away. Queue for an instance every so often and quest whilst you wait.
    The best way is to queue for dungeons that you haven't done the quests for while you're questing in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    The best way is to queue for dungeons that you haven't done the quests for while you're questing in the open world.
    For me - 2-3 hours in a dungeon (when I was doing BC content levelling) wasn't worth the hassle... just pushing through the quests got me way further way quicker.

It is better in Legion content as you 'auto group' with people doing similar content, in older content you had to group with other people to get some quests done... breaking the queue.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

if you are getting ganked, ask for those group in group finder to hop server and try to quest.. some times they let you stay

10+ Year Old Account
    I typically quest through outlands on DPS characters, I'll have the queue going but I afk a lot so I don't always get in. With flying and heirlooms you can clear stuff very easily, and since things die so fast I'll often AoE clear extra mobs that aren't needed for quests for free exp. I've never had issues with high level people clearing hubs, I would try server hopping if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    It's becoming a nightmare. Dungeon queues are 1 hour long at times, and 3 out of 4 quest hubs in Outland are cleared over and over by other faction's 110s for no apparent reasons apart from boredom, I guess.

Is dungeon spamming with an higher level rusher the only way to speed up the process? Also, where are those sweet DKs in the lvl 60s range, tanking dungeons like there's no tomorrow? I tried to create a farm group for dungeons, but no one joined in over a hour. 0 healers, too.

How did you level up lower characters? Last time I had to start from scratch was for my monk in MoP, and things seem pretty different nowadays.

Thanks.
    There is an addon - cross realm assist, or smth, it just moves you to another realm in a matter of second.

use Cross Realm Assist and go to another realm where the NPC's are alive

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post

Thanks.
    Get a high level rusher, and do each dungeon once for the quests, until you hit cars content. You can do 60-80 in like 1-2 hours tops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In no way shape or form is this true until Cataclysm dungeons, and them even then there are a few that are worthwhile.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    In no way shape or form is this true until Cataclysm dungeons, and them even then there are a few that are worthwhile.
    The issue is the huge time sink involved, and the unreliability of the result.... unless you happen to fit into TW dungeons during their on weeks later on.

Unless something has changed with XP in dungeons, they have been the way to go for a long time. Granted if you wanted to maximize things you quested while you waited, but queues were generally no longer than 10 minutes for DPS, and heck early in the morning it was instant. I'm guessing with boosts though that not as many are leveling and you know, leveling in WoD was about all there was to do and it was extremely fast so most people probably have an army of them already.

Im on a pvp server (thats how i roll son) and while leveling thru outlands and even northrend i just grab all the quests i can while everyone is still alive and hopefully the time u spend away questing the other faction will get bored and/or the npcs will have respawned