Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Summary of comments :
    "I can't handle the playstyle, so I suck, so the spec sucks"

Eeeeh....
    you shouldn't be allowed to make a summary if you confuse personal dislike of a specc with the inability of handling a specc.
    Two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    WoC is not padding, it increases all of your damage, regardless if it's boss or add dmg.
    It's like saying delaying thakiel for more imps bc you are about to get 3 doom ticks on adds is padding, ridiculous.

And how is Krosus and Augur a "serious movement fight"? They are pretty much patchwerk except Krosus Add Phase (which lasts like 3x15-20secs) and Augur P4 (which is patchwerk +1 big add/few very small adds)

And just look at the overall logs, we have like 40-50 high aff logs with like 3-5 demo logs between them.

Im not saying that Demo is shit or bad or just worse than Aff, I would love for it to be a high risk high reward spec, but right know the damage potential for Aff is just higher and easier to reach.

And the RNG part in Affli is pretty much only souls, you normally swim in shards, Fatal Echoes procs are about managing your reap/ua uptime which is just part of your spec and if there is an add you tag it to get souls/woc stacks.

Yes Demo is more consistent, but at the cost for lower potential, like stat sticks vs on-use trinkets.

People need to stop to take criticism of their spec as an insult, it's just criticism.
    And please stop spreading false information as result of this...
    WoC coming from putting corruption/agony on an add that did not even receive 1-2 ticks of dot before dying is basically digging stacks from doing meaningless damage to an add to amplify boss damage. It's no different than using soul flame with adds parked next to skorpyron to inflate your boss damage by having him cleaved from the soul flame procs.

Fatal Echos has nothing to do with management. You could get 10-12 extra UA's from it within a fight. Or you could get 1-2. You could get them while your pot is up, or none at all while it's not.

You're not even swimming in shards in ST, that tells me how little you actually play the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    WoC coming from putting corruption/agony on an add that did not even receive 1-2 ticks of dot before dying is basically digging stacks from doing meaningless damage to an add to amplify boss damage. It's no different than using soul flame with adds parked next to skorpyron to inflate your boss damage by having him cleaved from the soul flame procs.

Fatal Echos has nothing to do with management. You could get 10-12 extra UA's from it within a fight. Or you could get 1-2. You could get them while your pot is up, or none at all while it's not.

You're not even swimming in shards in ST, that tells me how little you actually play the spec.
    You know what padding means don't you?
    Increasing your overall damage by doing damage to enemies that don't need to be damaged.
    Every explosion of Soul Flame which damages the boss is real damage, no padding at all.
    Tanking skorpyron at the spawn of the adds is padding the meters with no needed damage because every mob which is not pulled by "Call of the Scorpid" and then damaged is padding.
    Dotting all Botanist forms in P1 is padding since they reset to 100% in mythic. (But only on Skada and co, wcl discounts the healed damage)
    Dotting the bloods on Tichondrius before they are moved out to be killed is padding.

Fatal Echos can be more rng'ish that's true, but which spec doesn't have some form of rng..

After being 8/10M pre Augur Nerf with over 230 tries on him as Affli I think I can say that on ST, when played right with drain cycles etc, you swim in shards, maybe it's because I have the belt, but I find myself pumping in 3 instead of 2 ua's very often, maybe even 4 because I get shards so quickly, by playing with only 16% haste.

Do you even play Aff? Because you kinda sound a little bit like a hurt demo main trying to defend your spec nobody even attacked.

Im not trying to say Aff rules all, play what you enjoy, heck I'm even considering going back to Destro/Demo with Tomb bc Aff looks like a drain turret...
    But people have a hang to over dramatize things just to justify their believes that what they are doing is right or better.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-03-24 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    You know what padding means don't you?
    Increasing your overall damage by doing damage to enemies that don't need to be damaged.
    Every explosion of Soul Flame which damages the boss is real damage, no padding at all.
    Tanking skorpyron at the spawn of the adds is padding the meters with no needed damage because every mob which is not pulled by "Call of the Scorpid" and then damaged is padding.
    Dotting all Botanist forms in P1 is padding since they reset to 100% in mythic. (But only on Skada and co, wcl discounts the healed damage)
    Dotting the bloods on Tichondrius before they are moved out to be killed is padding.

Fatal Echos can be more rng'ish that's true, but which spec doesn't have some form of rng..

After being 8/10M pre Augur Nerf with over 230 tries on him as Affli I think I can say that on ST, when played right with drain cycles etc, you swim in shards, maybe it's because I have the belt, but I find myself pumping in 3 instead of 2 ua's very often, maybe even 4 because I get shards so quickly, by playing with only 16% haste.

Do you even play Aff? Because you kinda sound a little bit like a hurt demo main trying to defend your spec nobody even attacked.

Im not trying to say Aff rules all, play what you enjoy, heck I'm even considering going back to Destro/Demo with Tomb bc Aff looks like a drain turret...
    But people have a hang to over dramatize things just to justify their believes that what they are doing is right or better.
    I play both, have bis legendaries for both.

Demo is not remotely an inferior spec. Both are flawed dot specs with mediocre cleave damage and a ST focus that still gets shit on by assassination rogues, and both suffer from movement since aff ST is also dependent on tunneling a hardcast spell hurt by movement.

There IS a reason to play demo over aff, because their performances are extremely competitive with each other.

And that is hating RNG, which demo doesn't come even remotely close to having. The most RNG you can have is Doom doubled and Improved Dreadstalkers, which doesn't even compare.

And come 7.2, Affliction received a totally worthless dead trait in sinister seeds, reducing SoC detonation threshold by 50%, while demo's paragon traits are all fairly decent and not a single one is a dead trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I play both, have bis legendaries for both.

Demo is not remotely an inferior spec. Both are flawed dot specs with mediocre cleave damage and a ST focus that still gets shit on by assassination rogues, and both suffer from movement since aff ST is also dependent on tunneling a hardcast spell hurt by movement.

There IS a reason to play demo over aff, because their performances are extremely competitive with each other.

And that is hating RNG, which demo doesn't come even remotely close to having. The most RNG you can have is Doom doubled and Improved Dreadstalkers, which doesn't even compare.

And come 7.2, Affliction received a totally worthless dead trait in sinister seeds, reducing SoC detonation threshold by 50%, while demo's paragon traits are all fairly decent and not a single one is a dead trait.
    And on which level do you play both specs? And what have bis legendaries to do with the whole discussion?

Nobody said Demo is inferior, the roof for Aff dmg is just higher right now, overall I would say they are equal because Demo is more streamlined.

Calling both competitive is not really a reason to choose one over the other, when they are competetive it's just personal preference.

Yes Demo is very consistent in it's damage and Aff can have very lucky tries, that's why I said stat sticks vs. on-use trinkets, again personal preference here.

Yes Sinister Seed is an abysmal bad trait, an insult, but maybe needed bc our damage would get out of hand otherwise. The Demo ones are all useable, same with the T20 bonuses.
    That's why I said I may switch back to it with 7.2.5, because Aff should not be a drain turret, that's boring as fuck.

The reason I switched to Aff for Nighthold was because it's way more forgiving on movement and has the same, or sometimes higher, numbers than Demo.
    It feels better to have the option to re-dot 3 dots on ST or one on MT and life tap than just having the option to life tap or refresh one dot (demonwrath besides).

apparently Pyromancer is sucking Demonology off right now. He is saying it will be the best spec to play in 7.2 following destro then affliction

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Summary of comments :
    "I can't handle the playstyle, so I suck, so the spec sucks"

Eeeeh....
    No, no and NO again. truth is i (and anyone able to push up to 4 buttons) am more than able to handle the content, from a pure mechanical Pov.
    Honestly, there is nothing special in achieving it.

Demonology warlocks are boring, no matter how good they perform in numbers, the gameplay and many other aspects of the class have been simply ignored, none can argue on this point, it is just a fact.

Other classes got the same treatment, and i have to say once more it is a shame, given the wonderfull work done with this exp from many other PoVs.