Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Woman Who Paid Trump $16 Million Cash for Apartment Has Ties to Chinese Military..."

OK, really, what conflict of interest could his business dealings possibly pose? :P

Woman Who Paid Trump $16 Million Cash for Apartment Has Ties to Chinese Military Intelligence

In late February, Mother Jones broke the news that Donald Trump had sold a $16 million Park Avenue penthouse to a woman named Angela Chen who runs a consulting firm that connects foreign clients with influential people in China. It's a shady transaction—the president, who sets America's policy toward China, getting paid millions in cash by a Chinese power broker—and it looks even shadier now that MoJo has documented Chen's work with, and personal ties to, a Chinese intelligence front group. Here's the gist:

Angela Chen, in addition to her work as a consultant/broker, chairs the United States wing of a nonprofit cultural-exchange group called the China Arts Foundation.
    The China Arts Foundation was founded by a woman named Deng Rong. Deng Rong's father, Deng Xiaoping, was a contemporary of Mao's who succeeded him as the leader of China. Deng Rong is also a vice president of an outreach group called the China Association for International Friendly Contacts, or CAIFC, that has co-hosted events with the China Arts Foundation.
    The China Association for International Friendly Contacts is widely considered to be a propaganda/intelligence wing of the Chinese army. In fact, individuals in both the Republican National Committee and the State Department have raised concerns about the group's financial overtures to former U.S. officials—the latter under Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when Bill Clinton was considering giving a paid speech at an event co-sponsored by the CAIFC and Angela Chen's China Arts Foundation. (He apparently decided not to make the speech.)

So, Donald Trump just took $16 million cash from a woman with close ties to a foreign intelligence group that both Republicans and Democrats have suggested is involved in the inappropriate purchase of U.S. influence.
    I hate to add another Trump thread, but this just boggles my mind.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

This looks like it was from an article, could you link the source please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venarik
    This looks like it was from an article, could you link the source please?
    Apologies, a series of early morning phone messages derailed my train of thought and that went out without a proper source.

For the source: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ence_ties.html
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The China Association for International Friendly Contacts is widely considered to be a propaganda/intelligence wing of the Chinese army."

So is it actually or is this just another attempt at starting more controversy. Also last I checked China wasn't really even considered a big bad anymore. Hell in Australia we deal with China a lot, one of our biggest Economic partners.

Also, lol Slate.

Deleted
    Coming up next week.... 10 people in Trump administration have ties to Chinese intelligence!
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-03-16 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait hol up hol up is le drumpf now a Russian agent working hand to hand with the Chinese government in a plan that has been in motion since 2005 because they knew Trump would be president in 2016??? Somebody get Rachel Maddow onto this I'm sure he will get to the bottom of this nefarious scheme!!1!
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

So because he's the President he's not allowed to sell his own property for legal tender because... reasons?

Snore.

Call me when he rents out the Lincoln Bedroom to Chinese spies like Slick Willy did in the '90s.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol Slate...

This just in! Property tycoon sells property!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula
    Also last I checked China wasn't really even considered a big bad anymore.
    Please send the Donald the memo for that, he doesn't seem to have heard.

Also, lol Slate.
    Swing and a miss there, champ. Lol X means zip all if you don't present contrary facts.

Here, have some more since your Google seems broken:
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/chi...ump-penthouse/
    https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/sp...nd-the-facade/
    http://thediplomat.com/2015/12/hybri...acteristics-2/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Please send the Donald the memo for that, he doesn't seem to have heard.

Swing and a miss there, champ. Lol X means zip all if you don't present contrary facts.

Here, have some more since your Google seems broken:
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/chi...ump-penthouse/
    https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/sp...nd-the-facade/
    http://thediplomat.com/2015/12/hybri...acteristics-2/
    2 are more than 2 year old stories. Also the reason I said lol slate is because it is a site that constantly gets debunked for having stupid news.

If this was a bigger story that was actually against Trump you don't think it would be plastered over the MSM?

10+ Year Old Account
    2 are more than 2 year old stories.
    Ah, you mean those stories that inconveniently point out that there has been concern about Chinese intelligence ties to the China Association for International Friendly Contacts for years?

If this was a bigger story that was actually against Trump you don't think it would be plastered over the MSM?
    Please, I have a hard time taking seriously anyone who still types out lol and uses MSM. It is a sub issue tied to the whole Emoluments Clause problem and that's already an ongoing discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    So because he's the President he's not allowed to sell his own property for legal tender because... reasons?

Snore.

Call me when he rents out the Lincoln Bedroom to Chinese spies like Slick Willy did in the '90s.
    Yeah, pretty much. He sold something he owned for an agreed-upon price. /yawn

Non-story
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A guide to selling stuff:
    1. Check that the buyer is not a foreign spy or have connections to foreign intelligence services or have connections to someone who have connections to foreign intelligence services or...
    2. Sell stuff
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    "The China Association for International Friendly Contacts is widely considered to be a propaganda/intelligence wing of the Chinese army."

So is it actually or is this just another attempt at starting more controversy. Also last I checked China wasn't really even considered a big bad anymore. Hell in Australia we deal with China a lot, one of our biggest Economic partners.

Also, lol Slate.
    Honestly I can get over the China thing if conservatives would stop being hypocrites. If I remember correctly Hillary Clinton could not be president because over the Clinton Foundation that took money from foreign governments.

I honestly cannot take Republicans seriously anymore.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People really are digging into the bottom of the barrel to find dirt on Trump now arent they?

This would be hilarious if people werent actually buying this nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Honestly I can get over the China thing if conservatives would stop being hypocrites. If I remember correctly Hillary Clinton could not be president because over the Clinton Foundation that took money from foreign governments.

There is a vast difference between selling a property for profit to someone from happens to live in another country and accepting donations from the Government of another country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woa he sold a penthouse for 16 mil. Fuck man thats some insane bribery. Everyone knows penthouses in Manhattan are dirt cheap.

Today's gen-ot spam is some new brand of stupid.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    There is a vast difference between selling a property for profit to someone from happens to live in another country and accepting donations from the Government of another country.
    No, no, no. All the money is issued by governments, so money from another country comes from its government.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Apologies, a series of early morning phone messages derailed my train of thought and that went out without a proper source.

For the source: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ence_ties.html
    It was posted on a blog, it must be true.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly could you ever? They are Republicans lmao.

You believe what was written in some obscure blog

I honestly cannot take YOU seriously anymore.