Thread: Bag of Tricks

Bag of Tricks

I just noticed that Bag of Tricks also has a chance to trigger on Rupture cast. At least from the tooltip on the PTR.

They nerfed the proc chance but if it applies with Rupture too, we will get more uptime.

In raids this is minor.

In M+ it is reasonably significant assuming many Rupture casts of different adds.

I haven't seen anything about this so thought I would advertise it a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Adding PTR link: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=192657/bag-of-tricks

In M+ it's buff, even with the lower %. Because most of the times you use Rupture on your targets to get more energy and then FoK+Envenom.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's a really nice improvement for us. Now I'd just like the to make it so that if we use fan of knives, bag of tricks has a higher chance to proc to make us a little more consistent on aoe =)

its not a nerf to the proc chance wut lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    In the PTR they nerfed the proc chance from 3% each combo point to 2.5%
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    ...yes it is.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

yes it is a nerf to the PTR proc rate. But when you compare it to what the current live version it, after doing the math based off some of my logs I believe even at 2.5% chance per combo point it will still be a small increase compared to what we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    In the PTR they nerfed the proc chance from 3% each combo point to 2.5%
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    ...yes it is.
    They reduced the % chance for CP, but it's not a stricte nerf because of that. They also made Rupture proccing it, and most of the time in M+ you're going to spam Rupture on Adds to get more energy, so that means we're going to get more Bag of Tricks ticks.
    Or am I wrong?

Deleted
    The move from 1rppm to flat proc chance (firstly 3% per CP changed to 2.5%) is a huge buff. On top of that the proc chance of rupture. Pretty nice.

Deleted
    From just a quick check from logs i have 9 envenom casts + 4 rupture casts in first minute (with time warp but anyway). So that would be from 1ppm to 1.75 ppm even with the 2.5% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    The move from 1rppm to flat proc chance (firstly 3% per CP changed to 2.5%) is a huge buff. On top of that the proc chance of rupture. Pretty nice.
    I actually didn't know it was rppm on live. If so then going from 1rppm to 12.5% (or 15% with 6cps) is a large buff, I agree.

In M+ it will be so nice, especially on high M+ where adds live for a while.

Single target it will still be a buff, assuming say 10 finishers per minute, we should get more procs (even if it is still RNG).

I wonder if this also makes Alacrity better in raids on single target. DP does lots of damage and 20% haste will mean spamming finishers?

I wonder if it's worth taking DS over vigor for the extra 2.5% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They reduced the % chance for CP, but it's not a stricte nerf because of that. They also made Rupture proccing it, and most of the time in M+ you're going to spam Rupture on Adds to get more energy, so that means we're going to get more Bag of Tricks ticks.
    Or am I wrong?
    I agree with you, I think there was a misunderstanding. The proc rate will overall increase from live to live. But the proc chance was nerfed in the PTR, but will still proc more often than it does now.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I actually didn't know it was rppm on live. If so then going from 1rppm to 12.5% (or 15% with 6cps) is a large buff, I agree.

Single target it will still be a buff, assuming say 10 finishers per minute, we should get more procs (even if it is still RNG).

I wonder if this also makes Alacrity better in raids on single target. DP does lots of damage and 20% haste will mean spamming finishers?
    All the changes and the new golden trait all favor Alacricity, not sure if they favor it enought to make it worth dropping AP on single target, but I sure as hell hope it does, almost as much as I hoped for Vengeance to surpass Deeper Stratagem after 7.1.5, Alacricity and having DP on us is so much more fun than the AP super tunel mode playstile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post

Assuming 10 finishers per minute, you can potentially get 0 procs, which does not happen with rppm system, i´m not sure if this isn´t in fact a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Assuming 10 finishers per minute, you can potentially get 0 procs, which does not happen with rppm system, i´m not sure if this isn´t in fact a nerf.
    1rppm doenst mean it procs once per minute... sometimes you didnt get a single proc in 3min fight duration.