Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i quit raiding today myself. mythic NH is not worth it. ive seen people in full heroic gear with higher ilevel than me, in a 5/10 guild, spending 9+ hours a week raiding. they need to remove TF, and make progression in raiding a thing again.

Deleted
    Idk why I find the Heroic format so appealing compared to Mythic.

Mythic raiding feels like a chore, I took part in a hardcore guild on my realm and they had a very steady roster. However, I quit after 3 raids which didn't even go bad, we made some decent progress. I just felt super bummed out for some reason, I didn't enjoy myself. In TBC I'd voluntarily stay for extended progression days and I had a fucking blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Lets face it fam - we all thought blizzard was going to kill our beloved WoW.. who knew it would be the game itself, that beat the nubs. Ggclose, the games the same game - people just can't handle leaving/getting tired of it?

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    Idk why I find the Heroic format so appealing compared to Mythic.

Mythic raiding feels like a chore, I took part in a hardcore guild on my realm and they had a very steady roster. However, I quit after 3 raids which didn't even go bad, we made some decent progress. I just felt super bummed out for some reason, I didn't enjoy myself. In TBC I'd voluntarily stay for extended progression days and I had a fucking blast.
    Becuase it's much harder but does not reward you enough for the extra effort and skill needed?
    That seems to be a design goal in Legion. Less rewards more grinding.

so quit mythic raiding

just heroic raid with a guild 2-3 days max
    pray titanforge RNG
    have within 5-10 ilvl of the mythic raider in most cases.
    have free time to go play other games or watch your favorite tv shows again..

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    just heroic raid with a guild 2-3 days max
    2-3 days max?
    Heroic can be cleared in 1,5 hour... And then we're coming to the point is that still worth 15$ per month. Yes, you can spend countless more hours doing unfun grinds but we're paying to have fun, not the opposite.

Mythic raiding used to provide around 8-16 hours a week of challenging, rewarding content. This was not too little, not too much, and you could adjust the slider picking a guild with more or less raids per week. This is no longer the case. There is no moderation in this expansion and rewarding doesn't go in par with challenging (not just in raiding, why there isn't any reward for m+20 or m+25? there just isn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    2-3 days max?
    Heroic can be cleared in 1,5 hour... And then we're coming to the point is that still worth 15$ per month. Yes, you can spend countless more hours doing unfun grinds but we're paying to have fun, not the opposite.

Mythic raiding used to provide around 8-16 hours a week of challenging, rewarding content. This was not too little, not too much, and you could adjust the slider picking a guild with more or less raids per week. This is no longer the case. There is no moderation in this expansion and rewarding doesn't go in par with challenging (not just in raiding, why there isn't any reward for m+20 or m+25? there just isn't)
    shoots well a lot of the guilds on my server are like either 3/10M and require 3 days or some are like 7/10 H and require 2-3 days so I'm thinking join some guild thats around 7/10H etc to feel a sense of progression by the time they finish 10/10 H and have full ez farm status TOS will be right around the corner and you'll prevent mythic raiding burnout.

True its $15 a month and to just raid heroic and M+15 I'd say it might be worth it if you have a nice guild and active friends. If you play solo and pug like I do then you question your monthly sub each month but I still have just enough gold each month made to buy 1 sub token at a time ( Got around 120k and its 90k for a sub atm).

I do agree M+ should have been a viable alternative to raiding instead of just a stepping stone and RNG titanforge hotspot that helps you in raiding. If M+ was a viable alternative (you earn currency after M+ end to buy equivalent gear from higher end raiding) then you could have people who still play hardcore and feel progression just pushing mythics instead of raiding . Mythic+ sets anyone I'd resub for just being a M+ raider not a actual large scale 20man raider.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i quit raiding today myself. mythic NH is not worth it. ive seen people in full heroic gear with higher ilevel than me, in a 5/10 guild, spending 9+ hours a week raiding. they need to remove TF, and make progression in raiding a thing again.
    or remove mythic if people are not interesting in chalenge of it only in shinies - no point having hardmodes in game if nobody wants to do them at proper itlv only want to overgear the f... out of them and then pretend how you "cleared " content

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    So happy they nerfed that playstyle and rewarded people that actually like playing the game beyond just raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Everything you just said is not a titanforge problem. It's a mythic+ dungeon problem. You should only be able to do x amount a week for gear rewards. Plus the cache at the beginning of the following week. After that x amount it should literally be for AP only or for improving your weekly cache. However again, that's not the problem of titanforge itself.
    not true - its not problem with mythic + - its problem with mythic crybabies who spend 3 months in mythic + instead spending 2 weeks in there - its their own problem that they used what was supposed to be alternate gearing path as their primary gearing path - its their own fault and they have only themselves to blame for.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think most people in WoW have problems to control themself ...

Im not in a Burnout or anything - because i simply dont stress myself. I play WoW in an Semi-Progress.
    Its true, the Game is now more time comsuming. but as an casual/semi progress raider you simply dont need to max out your artifact as soon as possible.
    If you still bring your perfomance then its okay. AP should give you some progression beside Raids or PvP - its good when its maxed but its simply not need to.

For me as an example, because of my exams i was 2 months away from the game so my artefact is now only 50 - and im doing quite good with my holy priest.
    It was not even an problem for me, my logs are good (at least i think so) and i dont had the feeling i was far behind.

So my tip is to just enjoy the game, and dont focus to much on M+ Grinds or anything else, in most cases you dont need it besides hardcore progress. So just chill

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not true - its not problem with mythic + - its problem with mythic crybabies who spend 3 months in mythic + instead spending 2 weeks in there - its their own problem that they used what was supposed to be alternate gearing path as their primary gearing path - its their own fault and they have only themselves to blame for.
    yes, cause something you can run infinitely that rewards good gear wasn't going to be abused? I saw that shit coming from a mile away. M+ needs caps on runs that get you gear, then after that cap you only get AP/increased cache loot from higher mythic+ dungeons. You're essentially guaranteed a piece of loot from every M+ you finish in time...I'm not guaranteed a piece of loot off every boss in nighthold and then it has a weekly lockout.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-03-20 at 12:02 PM.

yes, cause something you can run infinitely that rewards good gear wasn't going to be abused? I saw that shit coming from a mile away. M+ needs caps on runs that get you gear, then after that cap you only get AP/increased cache loot from higher mythic+ dungeons. You're essentially guaranteed a piece of loot from every M+ you finish in time...I'm not guaranteed a piece of loot off every boss in nighthold and then it has a weekly lockout.
    and ? if they chose to abuse it its the fault not blizzard - its not blizzard job to take cater of people who have such lack of control - honestly f... them game will be better without them , and they will be more mentaly stable without game (maybe will look for proffesional help that they clearly need imidiately) - win win situation to me.

if you see alcohol addict who drinks a bottle of vodka a day you dont limit him to 2 bottles a beer a day hoping he will be less addicted this way - you send him to rehab - and so should do blizzard with those people
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-03-20 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vebi View Post
    I think most people in WoW have problems to control themself ...

Im not in a Burnout or anything - because i simply dont stress myself. I play WoW in an Semi-Progress.
    Its true, the Game is now more time comsuming. but as an casual/semi progress raider you simply dont need to max out your artifact as soon as possible.
    If you still bring your perfomance then its okay. AP should give you some progression beside Raids or PvP - its good when its maxed but its simply not need to.

For me as an example, because of my exams i was 2 months away from the game so my artefact is now only 50 - and im doing quite good with my holy priest.
    It was not even an problem for me, my logs are good (at least i think so) and i dont had the feeling i was far behind.

So my tip is to just enjoy the game, and dont focus to much on M+ Grinds or anything else, in most cases you dont need it besides hardcore progress. So just chill
    This is not a problem of people not being able to control themselves. It's a real, existing situation in the game.

Like one of my guild mates getting his first legendary from an emissary chest, not even noticing it before I have congratulated him in guild chat. He was barely running heroic dungeons at that point, and the only mythic0 dungeons he finished have been the ones where I made the group and helped him out with tactics (he plays tank btw). I have been in many more dungeons (heroics / mythics), have killed more bosses in LFR and had one odd Xavius kill, but my first legendary followed weeks later. While my overall item level still was better than his, even without the legendary, it's still a strange thing to witness. When effort means nothing and luck is everything, then many people just stop to care and move to other things where their efforts actually matter.

This is the reason why I stopped to care about most things in WoW. I don't feel like I will achieve anything by putting in effort. So I take the easiest path and this is it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I don't feel like I will achieve anything by putting in effort.
    May i ask what did you achieve in the past in wow by putting effort?
    Besides the enjoyment of playing the game, that is, something you can achieve exactly the same nowadays.

This is not a problem of people not being able to control themselves. It's a real, existing situation in the game.

Like one of my guild mates getting his first legendary from an emissary chest, not even noticing it before I have congratulated him in guild chat. He was barely running heroic dungeons at that point, and the only mythic0 dungeons he finished have been the ones where I made the group and helped him out with tactics (he plays tank btw). I have been in many more dungeons (heroics / mythics), have killed more bosses in LFR and had one odd Xavius kill, but my first legendary followed weeks later. While my overall item level still was better than his, even without the legendary, it's still a strange thing to witness. When effort means nothing and luck is everything, then many people just stop to care and move to other things where their efforts actually matter.

This is the reason why I stopped to care about most things in WoW. I don't feel like I will achieve anything by putting in effort. So I take the easiest path and this is it.
    I feel like to avoid this to bring prestige to doing harder content blizzard should have put the legendaries on a vendor and give you x amount of a point system to buy them. You might get 1 point doing WQs/emisarry and more doing higher end content like M+ scaling points and heroic raiding even. After every boss kill kind of how we looted those 80 lingering soul quest for artifact quest line. Have the item be like 100 points or something etc that way you can decide what content you want to do for your legendary piece. In that case your guildie would only have like 10 points towards one and you'd have like double since you do harder stuff more often.

The mythic high end raiders would of course probably have bought a lot of their legendaries due to excessive no life farming but they represent a small minority now in 2017.

At least it gives something to word towards that you can see.

now titanforge is another problem..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and ? if they chose to abuse it its the fault not blizzard - its not blizzard job to take cater of people who have such lack of control - honestly f... them game will be better without them , and they will be more mentaly stable without game (maybe will look for proffesional help that they clearly need imidiately) - win win situation to me.

if you see alcohol addict who drinks a bottle of vodka a day you dont limit him to 2 bottles a beer a day hoping he will be less addicted this way - you send him to rehab - and so should do blizzard with those people
    The gearing system in WOW is not comparable to alcoholism. The person addicted to alcohol doesn't improve themselves the more they drink.

Infinite anything in WOW that progresses your character is flat out bad and shouldn't be in the game. I called for caps to M+ loot and AP in early October because the kind of problems they cause are entirely foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Just until a few weeks ago I did mythic+ carries with guild, did several 12-15 keys, did dailies, etc, but now that I am at 52 traits with only a difference of 1% left, got a BiS legendary finally, gear upgrades are either .001% titanforge or a side-grade it isn't really worth my time anymore. I have been playing Witcher 3 and am having a load of fun. Now I just log in for raid time, do a +15 on tuesday with guild after raid.
    I'm in the same situation, recently decided to just slow down a bit and spend 80% of my gametime raiding and 20% doing a 15 and micro holidays/auction house/transmog here and there. The game is more fun and exciting when you take actual breaks from it. Problem is that most players feel "stuck" with their main and feel like they HAVE to keep doing things. But it should never feel like that, even if you're like 40/54 or something.

7.2 is gonna be pretty grind-y again, there's gonna be even more traits, gear from new m+ dungeons, a new raid altogether etc. I would strongly advise people who don't "need" to grind anything to just slow down for the next few weeks, you'll thank yourself later when you actually enjoy 7.2 and don't feel unstimulated and bored while playing.

7+ Year Old Account

But if i get you right, then its not even an burnout ... this is then called "i dont care anymore"
    the OP means he is burning out bcs of the M+ farmin, farming, grinding, grinding.

for me these are differents. i also suffer from bad luck. But i dont grind for it ^^
    if i get something, then i get something. The chances to get something good is equal to if im grinding or not grinding.

And then people who can't log on during reset day gets fucked over because of the same thing that happens. "Hey guys I got this keystone wanna help." *inserts crickets here.*