Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

He claimed to do "enough DPS/HPS" without any AP farming.
    Farm and grind are different things. Also, I'm not saying I have 0 traits, I'm just saying I'm only doing what I find enjoyable and the AP comes with it. Now if you're one of those who are mindlessly farming all the WQ/MM+ to no end... It's your own damn fault and chances are you are doing all that for nothing since you aren't raiding in a high level guild.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Holypeter View Post
    But I am honest... where is the fun when you have take your preformance seriously and someone in the casual guild says.. fuck it.. its causal..
    A game should not feel like a job... that where you are 100% right.. but when you want to raid mythic on a more or less competitive level it gets like a job.
    As an example: I love mythic raiding but my job "forces" me to work 70h+ a week (and its fun for me)... therefore I don`t have the time to grind AP like nothing else... this takes away the fun for me.... however I still want to raid mythic.. so what do I do? Farm AP next as much as I can...
    Is this the purpose of a game? not really
    Hi. Im a 10/10 mythic fury warrior. If you have to play the game 70 hours a week for anything but a top 10 raid guild, you're playing the game wrong. Im not even being a trolly piece of shit, you really don't need to. Justify that 70 hours too me?

Emissary chests.
    1 weekly 10+ a week.
    AP world quests if you feel like it. Really doesn't matter right now though since 1x 54 was easy to get and no point grinding till higher AK.
    Broken Shore world quests
    Invasions if you feel like it

I don't know where people get the 70 hours thing. I raid 12 hours a week on progress, down to 8 hours a week now including split heroic runs for alts. I doubt I play more than 25 hours a week anymore including weekends where im just tabbed in to the game to talk to people or doing AH stuff.

EDIT: Misread the post! You say you have to work 70 hours a week. Sorry, there's usually knee deep shit in most threads so that teaches me to skim read.
    Last edited by Ozyorkbourne; 2017-04-09 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Emissary chests.
    1 weekly 10+ a week.
    AP world quests if you feel like it. Really doesn't matter right now though since 1x 54 was easy to get and no point grinding till higher AK.
    The grind to 54 traits was tedious af. But now that's in the past.
    I fully agree with you. I don't see where the 70h/week comes from - what the hell are you people doing playing that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Hi. Im a 10/10 mythic fury warrior. If you have to play the game 70 hours a week for anything but a top 10 raid guild, you're playing the game wrong. Im not even being a trolly piece of shit, you really don't need to. Justify that 70 hours too me?

Emissary chests.
    1 weekly 10+ a week.

I don't know where people get the 70 hours thing. I raid 12 hours a week on progress, down to 8 hours a week now including split heroic runs for alts. I doubt I play more than 25 hours a week anymore including weekends where im just tabbed in to the game to talk to people or doing AH stuff.
    You cant read.

His IRL work takes him 70h/week, doesnt leave any time to actually play the game at all outside of raids, he could raid Mythic before Legion with that schedule, now he cant cause of AP stuff.

And thats why your logs from 2 months back are below 60%, same with most of your HC logs before that.

There are many things to check in logs and thats one of them.

Most of your logs before March are below 60-65% which is still fine for HC.
    Yes, the logs from 2 months ago are lower because of the AP, not because me and everyone else gained gear.

You cant read.

His IRL work takes him 70h/week, doesnt leave any time to actually play the game at all outside of raids, he could raid Mythic before Legion with that schedule, now he cant cause of AP stuff.
    Yes, you're right. I can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    All these threads about mass burnout yet more guilds popup, more people popup...I do wonder.
    Well I don't know what you're talking about, on my server tons of low-end mythic guilds are struggling with rosters, on usual raiding evenings you can easily see them trying to pug people from trade for mythic NH, which means they don't have enough guild members to fill the raid. The recruitment spam is immense as well, so either slots aren't being filled, or even if they are, more people are quitting than joining.

And then we obviously have the "finished hc wanna move onto mythic" guilds that are just struggling hopelessly to expand their roster since most mythic capable raiders are already in some form of mythic guilds (even if low progressed ones).

Deleted
    People quit and burnout in every expansion it's nothing new. The main problem that Legion has compared to any other expansion is that it costs a shit ton to server transfer and faction transfer. It should not cost as much as a triple A game to transfer a single character. Especially since most high end guilds now require 2-3 alts as well so if you were currently in a guild where you needed 2-3 alts you'd either need to transfer 3 characters or re level 2 characters.

Then even after you've spent the huge amount of money to transfer your character you may not even like this new guild. The new guild may even disband right after you join, which I've heard has happened a few times.

As a tank there is no other guild with similar progress on my realm that is recruiting a tank. I'd have to drop down from a 9/10M guild to a 4/10M, maybe 5/10m guild just to stay on my server. My only option to continue raiding would be to server transfer but since I'm not currently playing the OP druid or the strong monk tanks it is very unlikely I'll be taken by any guild with a similar progress either. That's if I decide to shell out another £50 to server/faction transfer.

At this point I have to ask myself why I bother playing? It's to raid. Why do I like raiding? In previous expansions I liked the challenge they offered, I liked playing with friends and I liked being rewarded with high item level gear. Well the raids aren't hard anymore. Tanking is completely braindead. We do minimal DPS so DPS min/maxxing isn't a massive thing, threat is a non issue and our survival is mostly on healers. Anyone gets high item level gear from the stupid titanforge system. Oh you did a mythic+10 that you didn't even get in time have a 905 item that is better than or equal in power to most of mythic Nighthold. So at the moment I'm only playing to raid with friends, so if something happens to my guild I lose the last thing keeping me in the game and I'm not spending £50 on the offchance I might make new friends in a guild, if I can find one.

At this point I'm begging for 10man mythic to be released because it just isn't sustainable.
    Last edited by mmoc7a136ec19d; 2017-04-10 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    Doing the same dungeon 100 times because you need the AP is not too much content.
    Doing 1-3 difficulties of a raid due to titanforging/legendary drop chance is not too much content.
    Going back and doing old raids in the hopes of a good legendary is not too much content.
    Doing the same world quests daily in the hopes of a legendary is not too much content.

It's is the same content repeated constantly. There is not "too much content in this expansion" it's average when looking at previous expansions.
    It's repetitive and boring which makes gamers start looking for other stuff to do, they return when something new comes and then take off again. I think Blizz is improving on giving gated-paced doses of content instead of the burst-and-long-drought of the last two expansions. Long term big picture I believe the Legion way will be the future.

Lots of quality of life issues still to fix including heavy RNG overuse but hey c'est la vie. Live and learn.
    I am the Sword in the Darkness.

Deleted
    I think more and more people are realizing that they are literally wasting their time playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Halstinavos View Post
    I feel like it was weird, because from one week to the next, our raid attendance was basically cut in half and nobody left the guild, they all just simply stopped playing the game. Many of them have not even logged in now for 2 weeks or so.

Anyone else experiencing this level of burnout in their guild?
    Yeah, that was Highmaul for one of my guilds...one week pushing heroic/mythic HM with 25 people, the next week we only had like 10 people on. And this was very early in the expansion, like a month or month and half into WoD. It wasn't a guild split or takeover or anything like that. They just quit playing.