Drape of Shame nerf in 7.2

From 10% to 5% in 7.2.

Still Mandatory?

What are your thoughts?

since M+ is being added, I can see a 900-925 version of the cloak still being pretty mandatory, not to mention our other options aren't that great anyway so why would you ignore a 5% crit healing buff.

Deleted
    There are two methods to determine if you have a cloak that can outperform the healing gain from a Drape of Shame. The first is by far the easiest, you just have to believe this: "The Drape of Shame equip is worth about 65 item levels, making a 855 version about equal to a cloak around 920 item level.". If your Drape of Shame has a 865 item level, that means your new cloak would have to be 930 item level and so on.

Method number two requires a bit more work but is more accurate for you personally. Use my Mastery Effectiveness Calculator (https://martijnhols.github.io/Master...ild/index.html) to parse some of your kills, preferably the hardest bosses you have killed and/or bosses you're progressing on. Among your mastery effectiveness, if you have a Drape of Shame equipped, it will show you the healing contributed by the Drape of Shame (with overhealing taken into account). Remember this result. Next you'll have to open up your copy of Dreamguard's or my spreadsheet and go to the "Upgrade Checker" table. In the "Old Item" column enter the stats for your DoS. In the "New Item" column enter the stats for your new cloak. The upgrade checker will show how big of an upgrade it is. In order to beat the DoS the displayed healing increase has to be greater than what you calculated earlier using the Mastery Effectiveness Calculator.

If it's even I would recommend using the other cloak. My opinion is that if your heals crit people are likely to end up with a lot of health and they're save from dying. If you heal someone and you heal did not crit, then they're more likely to not be as high. With this in mind, DoS only boosts crits, so only moves safe health levels higher. A regular cloak boosts normal heals too, so they'd be less low if you didn't get a crit. The difference (as with most gear decisions) is very minimal, so it doesn't really matter what you do.

After the patch these values will be about halved (rounded up since there will be less overhealing).

I have question about the DoS... It boost the crit heal for 10%

Lets say a Holy Shock heals for 500K, and the crit heal of it is 1M.

Will the DoS boost 10% of the 1M heal to 1,1M or will it boost the crit 500K+10% and the total heal be 1,05M?
    If you understand what I mean here ofc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotorescue View Post
    After the patch these values will be about halved (rounded up since there will be less overhealing).
    ^ I mentioned that at the bottom of that post

Edit: this was in response to a post that was deleted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaimonzen View Post
    I have question about the DoS... It boost the crit heal for 10%

Lets say a Holy Shock heals for 500K, and the crit heal of it is 1M.

Will the DoS boost 10% of the 1M heal to 1,1M or will it boost the crit 500K+10% and the total heal be 1,05M?
    If you understand what I mean here ofc..
    Crit healing modifiers work additively, not multiplicative. The default healing crit modifier is 2.0. With Drape of Shame this becomes 2.1. So net results is that the Drape of Shame increases the final heal by 5%; in your example 1.05M. This is lightly less for Holy Shock since the healing bonus from Shock Treatment is also additive (so if HS crit for 1M including the ST bonus you wouldn't see 1.05M with DoS but likely something closer to 1.02M).
    Last edited by mmoc25d0f35602; 2017-03-23 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotorescue View Post
    There are two methods to determine if you have a cloak that can outperform the healing gain from a Drape of Shame. The first is by far the easiest, you just have to believe this: "The Drape of Shame equip is worth about 65 item levels, making a 855 version about equal to a cloak around 920 item level.". If your Drape of Shame has a 865 item level, that means your new cloak would have to be 930 item level and so on.
    Are you talking 7.1.5 version of DoS?

So, I assume the the new drape of shame 7.2 is worth ~30/35 ilvl right?

Deleted
    Yes4567890

With us being able to potentially get a decent ilvl one from M+, it will likely be used for quite some time yet!

Although in my case, it would seem that I haven't done enough arse licking to get any form of decent titanforged items... /bitter!
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon