Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Less development in favor for Hearthstone and Overwatch?

    I slowly start to believe, that Blizzard really only cares for Hearthstone and Overwatch, because of money they get from both games. So that's means really less development for HOTS, or even abandon the game?

    Wish i might ask myself that question at blizzcon, but can't afford even for virtual ticket.
    Whatever...

  2. #2
    I doubt it. Hots is doing fine, and we've had no indication in a slow down of anything content related; we still get heroes every 3-4 weeks, frequent balance patches, they've just spent a day doing a Q&A session on the hots subreddit and the HGC launched in November which is a very substantial cash investment.

    Heroes looks to be in a healthy and profitable place
    Moderator for Heroes of the Storm
    Tier lists: McIntyre's | Grubby's
    Lastest hero: Alexstrasza, The Life Binder

    "There's no event in history, real or imagined, that wouldn't have turned out better for everyone involved if Picard was in charge."

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Hiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Θ Hidden Forbidden Hades
    Posts
    4,158
    Hots just got an huge upgrade in terms of GUI. I actually love how the game evolves.
    Tekeli-li!

  4. #4
    We just, just had a UI overhaul, a variety of hero adjustments and a new hero. The games change velocity is fine

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I slowly start to believe, that Blizzard really only cares for Hearthstone and Overwatch, because of money they get from both games. So that's means really less development for HOTS, or even abandon the game?

    Wish i might ask myself that question at blizzcon, but can't afford even for virtual ticket.
    How do you figure "less development"? We get a new hero, usually with a new skin or 2, and/or a new mount, every 3-4 weeks, which is pretty much what it's been for quite awhile now, we also continue to get hero talent reworks, UI changes, balance patches...what kinda development do you think we're losing?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    How do you figure "less development"? We get a new hero, usually with a new skin or 2, and/or a new mount, every 3-4 weeks, which is pretty much what it's been for quite awhile now, we also continue to get hero talent reworks, UI changes, balance patches...what kinda development do you think we're losing?
    Dustin Bowder mentioned about map editor for HOTS in Eternal Conflict movie, and no news about it for almost 2 years. Also assuming that Probius release was probably once situation, where no new skins or mounts happend. Kinda wondering what is next moves from devs?
    Whatever...

  7. #7
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,699
    it is doing fine
    allthough i will agree it is much less popular then they had hoped

    but on your point of devolpment
    WHAT?

    they are probebly one of the most upkept mobas out there
    they release a hero every month, sometimes 2
    can league or dota say that?
    league releaseds 6 heros last year, and hasent released one yet this year
    dota released 2 last year, 2 the year before, and 3 the year before that


    i dont see why your saying "it seems to have so little dev time"

    when it is CONSTANTLY getting new maps, and heros, at 3 to 6 times the rate of other mobas!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Dustin Bowder mentioned about map editor for HOTS in Eternal Conflict movie, and no news about it for almost 2 years. Also assuming that Probius release was probably once situation, where no new skins or mounts happend. Kinda wondering what is next moves from devs?
    WHAT!?!?!
    so a hero gets added, along side a COMPLETE GUI update and you go
    "eh no new skins or mounts, wtf people"
    and yes a map editor is taking them alot, lot longer then thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I was a "Warlock main" In vanilla and i think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  8. #8
    Legendary! Nikkaszal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    6,504
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Dustin Bowder mentioned about map editor for HOTS in Eternal Conflict movie, and no news about it for almost 2 years. Also assuming that Probius release was probably once situation, where no new skins or mounts happend. Kinda wondering what is next moves from devs?
    WoW developers mention a Dance Studio back in TBC development. That still hasn't happened. Does that mean WoW died because of it?

    HotS released new heroes faster than most MOBAs on the market, has tons more maps and gameplay mode releases (in all the years LoL has been dominant, it has had... four maps? And the other three just died because SR was the only one balanced enough to take seriously), and constantly releases balance patches and reworks.

    On top of that, Blizzard is pushing the competitive scene hard with HGC, Heroes Of The Dorm etc.

    So no, this is just another thread without anything to back it up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Dustin Bowder mentioned about map editor for HOTS in Eternal Conflict movie, and no news about it for almost 2 years. Also assuming that Probius release was probably once situation, where no new skins or mounts happend. Kinda wondering what is next moves from devs?
    they also metioned that they're splitting content releases in some twitter somewhere so they every "in development" contain less stuff because it's released in two different little cycles instead of one single big one

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    they also metioned that they're splitting content releases in some twitter somewhere so they every "in development" contain less stuff because it's released in two different little cycles instead of one single big one
    This is correct. Basically they're no longer going to show stuff that might not actually come out in the upcoming hero release window. I'm betting we'll see a fair bit more stuff in the next video, especially since EasterNoblegarden is right around the corner from the next suspected hero release (3 weeks from now).
    Moderator of Heroes of the Storm, come say hi!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Dustin Bowder mentioned about map editor for HOTS in Eternal Conflict movie, and no news about it for almost 2 years.
    Sometimes plans change. Maybe that idea was canned. That happens in...pretty much every game, as well as real life stuff. Doesn't mean there's any less development, just means that one specific idea fell through.

  12. #12
    Ditto everything said above, also it's just a weird time to make a post like this. They are literally updating the game more than ever. Now if they can just get voice chat (for hero league) in the game, I'll have nothing major left to ask for.

  13. #13
    I don't think the map editor will be ready any time soon with the changes and developments they are setting up. Down the line maybe, but with the pace they have now, the map editor needs to be on the back burner
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-18 at 06:44 AM.

  14. #14
    To be fair, we got the Kerrigan skin in the latest patch/during the latest development cycle. We just can't buy it yet because it's tied to HotD, either way it took up the artists' time.

  15. #15
    Assuming that HOTS is doing fine because of Esports which lately i saw some people that Esports in HOTS are not in good condition than in LoL. I still kinda got hopes for HOTS, but i must be realist that Blizz main focus now is on HS and OW so hmmm.

    Before i quited the Poland official HOTS forums, people suggested adding an CO-OP mode or something. That might be good idea.
    Whatever...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Assuming that HOTS is doing fine because of Esports which lately i saw some people that Esports in HOTS are not in good condition than in LoL. I still kinda got hopes for HOTS, but i must be realist that Blizz main focus now is on HS and OW so hmmm.

    Before i quited the Poland official HOTS forums, people suggested adding an CO-OP mode or something. That might be good idea.
    LoL is a bigger game that HotS, so yes, HotS isn't going to have the same following that LoL has. That doesn't mean Blizz is reducing development for HotS or putting it on the back burner. Their development cycle is pretty much the same now as it was before Overwatch was even released, so...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Before i quited the Poland official HOTS forums, people suggested adding an CO-OP mode or something. That might be good idea.
    Co-op mode? Like vs AI? Cuz I hate to break it to you....

  18. #18
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand then 2.0 comes around and has more content than any blizzard game has seen in ages. Ssshhhhhhh...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand then 2.0 comes around and has more content than any blizzard game has seen in ages. Ssshhhhhhh...
    He's a weird guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Why i got feeling after reading guys your comments, that HOTS 2.0 will be the end for HOTS?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand then 2.0 comes around and has more content than any blizzard game has seen in ages. Ssshhhhhhh...
    I log here just to say same thing as him. I love how blizzzz do this kind of things

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •