Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    I log here just to say same thing as him. I love how blizzzz do this kind of things
    This ^^

By the way, what's the deal with Hearthstone? Does it get any development at all? As far as I've heard, they've been announcing cards for a month. Quite pathetic and dirty. Plus, they have this weird "card rotation" every year when they delete a few sets to milk even more money selling new lazily made sets. Oh well, it's a CCG.

The funny fact is that in Poland, HotS is more popular than both Dota 2 and SMITE, if we're to believe Google Trends. It's actually one of such three European countries, along with Hungary and France.

@Ryme Thanks for linking that website with Twitch stats! I've been missing them for a few years now since they stopped publishing them on their official Twitch blog. And now there are new stats, amazing!

I wonder why Trumpcloak has been banned (I'm not really asking anyone, it's probably against the rules, just a rhetorical question!). Such a cool name, however! And he's from 2011! That's some far seer stuff.
    Last edited by Adunai; 2017-04-05 at 08:59 AM.
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    This ^^

By the way, what's the deal with Hearthstone? Does it get any development at all? As far as I've heard, they've been announcing cards for a month. Quite pathetic and dirty. Plus, they have this weird "card rotation" every year when they delete a few sets to milk even more money selling new lazily made sets. Oh well, it's a CCG.
    That's how card games works, even Magic has tournament divided by type, like Type 1 and 2 and they usually differ on the basis of which cards or expansion you can use

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I slowly start to believe, that Blizzard really only cares for Hearthstone and Overwatch, because of money they get from both games. So that's means really less development for HOTS, or even abandon the game?

Wish i might ask myself that question at blizzcon, but can't afford even for virtual ticket.
    Holy cow, after all the reworks they've done and/or announced recently, you really think they've abandoned the game? Why?

I honestly don't get where this 'HOTS is doomed' mentality comes from. Yes, they haven't released the map editor. But guess what? Software developers change plans. Often. It's absolutely normal.

Does it mean Blizz haven't done a great job informing players about the map editor being postponed and the reasons behind that? Yes.
    Does it mean Blizz don't give a dog's poop about HOTS anymore? Hell no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone? Hearthstone sucks right now, the devs have been horrible.

Hots? They have been so nice and communicative. Plenty of Q&As. Plenty of reworks. Constantly listening to feedback, very fast I might add. Plenty of patches, plenty of new heroes. What else could we ask for? I can not ask more of them right now, if anything Team 5 needs to be more like them, not less. If Hots devs acted like Team 5 does then we would only get a balance update every year.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Hearthstone? Hearthstone sucks right now, the devs have been horrible.

Hots? They have been so nice and communicative. Plenty of Q&As. Plenty of reworks. Constantly listening to feedback, very fast I might add. Plenty of patches, plenty of new heroes. What else could we ask for? I can not ask more of them right now, if anything Team 5 needs to be more like them, not less. If Hots devs acted like Team 5 does then we would only get a balance update every year.
    Exactly. The HotS development team is easily Blizzard's best dev team right now, while the Hearthstone devs I would argue are their worst.

I used to play Hearthstone regularly and even got into the closed Beta, thinking it being a decent card game, with a reasonable price model. Today I can barely even bother logging in to do the ladder to get rank 20 for the monthly chests and the card back. My first warning sign happened when I noticed how completely unwilling the team was to bother balancing their game. It took them literally months to make a couple of changes to the worst offender cards and even then, it took them even longer to address metas that were frankly very tedious to play. Then on top of that, they decided to add more to the problem by simply throwing more cards at us. I get that they want to release new sets and to make people more interested in the new stuff, but the way some of the sets were handled made me question if I wanted to keep dedicating myself to a game that does not think about the quality of the content released.

While the HotS team has become better and better at keeping themselves in touch with the players and updating the game at a satisfying pace, the Hearthstone team has been pretty much repeating the same mistakes since the game launched.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-04-10 at 04:00 PM.

BLIZZARD: Give Me Velen, Khadgar, Anduin, KJ, And/Or Archimonde! QUICKLY!