Poll: Will Solo Queue save ranked pvp?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The removal of conquest/arena points and rng gear ruined that aspect of rated pvp for me. I agree with OP that the people calling for solo queue are missing the point. The reason almost no one wants to queue these days is because pvp is truly awful - so solo queues wouldn't fix that problem. I can see Blizzard going that direction though - instead of focusing on fixing the actual problems (for which they are 100% to blame for) they apply a bandaid that masks the problem while pretending everything is cool.

(slightly offtopic) To reiterate: the reason pvp rng gear is bad while pve 'rng' drops are 100% okay is because pve isn't true rng as in, any mob can potentially drop any item. You can farm specific instances for a drop. Also you're not expected to have a full 40man (ahem, 25man) raid in BiS gear in order to be competitive for next tier's raids. In PvP the situation is different - if someone isn't fully geared (even if it's just .1% more hp - it's the principle that counts) it's simply not a fair competition. PvP is about equal chances and having individual skill and group synergy decide the outcome.

Matchmaking & ranked match don't go together.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    12,777/1,250 = 10 posts per day for 3.5 years.
    lmfao

Arena is ment to be played with specific combinations that work together well or counter current metas.

Solo queue has no purpose in ranked arena, go back to league you idiot.
    They could easily make a system that allows you to select which comps you're willing to get paired up as. Say you have to select a minimum of 3 comps and then you queue, you're also forced to enter as the spec you queued as.

Also it would obviously have to be a separate bracket that doesn't impact the regular 3v3 bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    They could easily make a system that allows you to select which comps you're willing to get paired up as. Say you have to select a minimum of 3 comps and then you queue, you're also forced to enter as the spec you queued as.

Also it would obviously have to be a separate bracket that doesn't impact the regular 3v3 bracket.
    The problem with that is u start increasing queue times the more stipulations u add. And we all know how things r in stuff like quick match in other games, pure aids. It will nvr work for arena. It would probably work a lot better for rbgs, but would still be pure aids.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post

Why reinvent the wheel when there's draft with picks and bans?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I thought there was a post saying that pvp activity is the highest it's been in a long time?
    According to every metric that is available to players, no this isnt true.

Blizzard has some kind of secret metric they're not telling us about.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Solo q 3s is a terrible idea.

But solo q rbgs is an amazing idea and could definitely save PvP. Potentially adding 5v5 back and making it solo q would also be awesome.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I assume it was BS cause PVP seems pretty dead to me as a whole. I still partake in it but it def isnt the same as it was in years past.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Solo q 3s is a terrible idea.

But solo q rbgs is an amazing idea and could definitely save PvP. Potentially adding 5v5 back and making it solo q would also be awesome.
    Solo queue rbgs? You mean let 9 other RANDOM people decide what your rating is? Solo queued into a group of 9 naked dwarves? Tough luck and GL turning that around to a win on your own. Not to mention getting solo queued into them again and again since their mmr tanks to match your own.

I can't think of any positives for solo queueing in RATED pvp. Solo queues will only remove your own ability to add to your own pvp rating as it effectively puts your points into the hands of others. You cannot win games on your own when you queue into an opposite teams that's just as good as yourself. And you cannot expect others to carry you.
    Legion has way too much rng already and suggesting they add even more is to me even crazier than the direction TWD has taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I still partake in it but it def isnt the same as it was in years past.
    I agree. The prunes has, to me, made the game feel much more of a dps race than ever before. Even in MoP you actually had a chance to out smart other players (yes, even players with better gear) with all your abilities, but now if your opponent has a dps cd ready and your defensive cd isn't then GL trying to counter that by running away.
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2017-03-18 at 07:52 PM.

It won't save rated pvp, it will cause as much headaches as it will fix.

Once every blue moon I muck around a bit in random BGs with my alt hunter. Playing since classic I still have no idea what the objectives of the BGs are, nor do I care. I just run around and shoot on red plates, if you are lucky I identify a healer to shoot at first.

Do you really want me in your rated games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I finished watching the pvp Q&A with Holinka and I noticed he was getting a lot of questions regarding solo queue for rated arenas and battlegrounds. I was asking myself, how dead is ranked pvp right now that people actually want a solo queue. And will it make a difference? Also, I think people are missing the point no? The reason why ranked pvp is dead now is because there is zero incentive to participate. All the best gear comes from mythic+ dungeons, and raiding.
    ... Am I reading this correctly? Incentive?

The only incentive you are supposed to need is to have fun. Whether you get gear at all shouldn't matter.

The reason why ranked pvp is dead is the same reason why I stopped PvPing in WoW - It's not fun. If I want to play a fun PvP game I play games like DotA, Overwatch or LoL, not WoW. And that's not something you can fix with rewarding better gear.

If you need "incentive" for people to want to do something like playing a game, something is inherently wrong with it.

Still a solid PvE game of course but the PvP needs a serious reimagining in my eyes.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, it's total cancer in League, a game where one person can pretty comfortably carry a team of shitties well into Gold (which is what, maybe 2k rating of WoW?). Maybe if you're really good you can carry scrubs on your back to higher ratings but I dunno, that's when the smurf train stops being an easy ride for me. Same with carrying scrubbadubs for moneys.

It might work but seeing as how people just dick around in random BGs and skirmishes, solo queue is just going to be full of smurfs and braindead noobs just like League. Maybe that will be fun, maybe not.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I guess no one cares about ranked pvp lol.
    statistically speaking, this has always been true.

About the same percentage of players (or slightly less) ever cared about rated PvP at its best as cared about hardcore raiding.

Both represent single-digit percentages.

Deleted
    I haven't voted and think you should add another option:

- Yes its an 'idea' and we should implement it to test whether it turns out bad or good, seems as PvP needs seriously reinvigorating we have nothing to lose

I have no idea whether it would work out, being an optimist i think it could.

Those saying it would just be based on 'what comp you get' have to realise that good players would still rise to the top as they would make 'bad' teams work. And as other suggested they could add some filters to it, so you don't end up with stuff like double classes / specs (double enh + rsham? haha).

Seriously, what do we have to lose at this point? PvP participation and enjoyment seems to be at an all time low in general (watch twitch, hardly any big pvp streams anymore and ones that do just rage constantly at how 'shit' the game is).

10+ Year Old Account
    what many people here seem to miss is that players who would solo que most likely would not do it for the ranking.

i would definitively play solo ranked matches. even if it is only for the better rewards and the weekly box.

and i don't see the difference between getting stomped by a premade in skirmish vs getting stomped in ranked.

solo que doesn't affect group players in the slightest.

It'll make me consider Rated BGs, but I still won't touch Solo Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They already have a solo queue, it's called skirmish.
    Yes. But Blizzard is thinking of extending that to ranked arenas and bgs not just skirmish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe instead of trying to find a new way to que, give people a reason to que! Actually make a new fucking battleground! What the hell have they been doing these last two fucking expansions? No reason I have not come back to play it, they haven't added any actual new pvp content since fucking MoP! Seriously I could do what ever they have been doing these past two expansions, which is nothing!

Give people a reason to be in a pvp guild! Have massive guild vs guild 40 vs 40 battleground, that would be fucking fun. But no, they have still been screwing around how armor and shit works, and probably made it even worse. It was fine how it fucking was. They are ignoring the fucking the problem, it is not about gaining gear, and it is not about these fucking prestige ranks/pvp talent bullshit. People actually want more PVP CONTENT and not this illusion of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yes and 100% yes, but blizzard will have to separate premade and solo que ladders