Poll: Will Solo Queue save ranked pvp?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Beside the fact that nobody truly gave a duck about WOW PVP, since Vanilla and a bunch of wannabe pro "muh pvp muh 360 no scope skillz wintrading"..

The OP idea isn't really that BAD.

They have done a good job with Honor Talent system and a "meh" with templates, but this way better than WOD system with it stupid gap between UBER GEARED peeps rotflstomping people with blue pvp gear, is this fun? facing undergeared people? so skilled man.

Template is something that need to be polished for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about "saving" anything but it would certainly get me to do PvP more if I could do rated without having to go through the hassle of elitists requiring X amount of experience and inb4 "start your own group". If I'm going to start a yolo group that will just fall apart at the first loss might as well give me a damn solo queue

Deleted
    Anything is better than sitting in LFG and giving up after 4 hrs. Imagine LoL with lfg, gl with finding people to play with. LFG is what kills pvp right now. (this is not only mine experience, but mostly all of my friend's, many of which quit for this reason).

Even if you manage to get a solid person, after 2-3 loses you are back at the start of the WoW PvP(arenas/rbg) lifecycle.
    Not to mention that LFG is filled with 2014 2,5k xp people looking for similar exp and have negative score at 1,7k in legion.

Summa summarum if your friend list isn't filled with 20+ people willing to play with you and are at the same level as you are, rated PvP is pure trash, even though you can play any class at a decent rating.

People just want to log in, and be able to PvP right off the bat without all the lfg crap.
    Last edited by mmocc591236c74; 2017-08-03 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illenia View Post
    Anything is better than sitting in LFG and giving up after 4 hrs. Imagine LoL with lfg, gl with finding people to play with. LFG is what kills pvp right now. (this is not only mine experience, but mostly all of my friend's, many of which quit for this reason).

Even if you manage to get a solid person, after 2-3 loses you are back at the start of the WoW PvP(arenas/rbg) lifecycle.
    Not to mention that LFG is filled with 2014 2,5k xp people looking for similar exp and have negative score at 1,7k in legion.

Summa summarum if your friend list isn't filled with 20+ people willing to play with you and are at the same level as you are, rated PvP is pure trash, even though you can play any class at a decent rating.

People just want to log in, and be able to PvP right off the bat without all the lfg crap.
    100% agree about LFG killing pvp. I absolutely hate LFG especially when people who are sitting at 1500 rating are requiring 2.7k xp when they havent been such rating since 2012...logic huh. And when you do manage to find people to queue with they usually just rage quit after a loss or two. Rinse and repeat this awful process. Needless to say, LFG fucking blows.

Deleted
    I just don't get why wow pvp isn't like lol one, I mean I know it is a MOBA, but get real ranked bg are a fucking MOBA.

You have objective, need coordination and team play, good players can carry and bad one can throw game.

It works for Hots were you don't have items but just talent, I don't see huge problem with wow, I mean more than the actual problem.

Just remove lfg since nobody really care about it.

Remove the rating from rbg (don't touch arenas for now) and just put and hidden mmr that match you with same mmr players, you just climb the ladder through old ranking system (from Private to Grand Marshal)

You just queue and get matched. End of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can cheat solo queue by queueing at the same time as friends so not a good idea.

Deleted
    Well don't see how this can be considered a cheat, I mean not that joining randomly with people that give you asap a discord channel (Ru premade) isn't different.

If you get matched with a friends, I can't see huge problem

all they need to do to save wow pvp is make classes fun to play in pvp again, solo queue for rated arena is just as stupid as having stat templates for gear

make classes fun to play outside of raiding once again, unprune buttons and remove honor talents/stat templates, and watch pvp participation spike again

Deleted
    Isn't spiked already in Legion?

Also explain "fun again" because fun is subjective so you can tell us that "I find funny to stomprofl people in pvp with my overgeared warrior" and this proof nothing tbh.

Honor talents are already perceived as "fun" because you get new spell for pvp, but the stata template were proven unbalanced more than once.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Solo queue with its own League/Ranking would be fun.

Also would make things like "10 rated BG" skin or some profession recipes come from random change at rated BG win less Bull.

Just be stricter on tracking performance, so people won't troll the team on purpose to loose rating.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    "#SoloQueue will make PvP Great Again." - Savix 2017

Just implement it with no restrictions at first. If you want to gamble with your rating go for it, it's your choice. Making it it's own bracket would defeat the purpose. #SoloQueue should increase participation on the lower ratings, help people get their feet wet, and aid them to make friends to climb the ratings after.

Just do it. At this point thing's can't get any worse.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2017-08-04 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    Also explain "fun again" because fun is subjective
    anyone who asks what "make pvp fun again" means presumably started playing wow in legion or wod, so discussions like this are wasted on them

People talking theres no incentive LOL, there was never a meaningful incentive, only mmr goals, gladiator and cute mogs/enchants that 0.1% of players would have. Playing for gear? Are you a 1200 scrub or what, need some help killing people who're more skilled? Go pve it was always better for gearing. Dota doesn't have an incentive, CS doesn't have one, nor LOL, HoN or Quake 3. It's gitgud(grind mmr) or die trying.

Soloque will be amazing if implemented as a simple 2dd+1healer with separate MMR from 3man party. Because it will solve the main problem of finding a decent partner. Believe me, i tried LFG. Me and my friend are going through 5-10 people a day with maybe 1 guy pulling his weight at 2k, it's demoralizing inviting people and having them be 1600 players that somehow peaked at 2k in mop.
    Having an automated que with blizz voice will increase your chances of finding a good player at their respective ratings.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torjey View Post
    Soloque will be amazing if implemented as a simple 2dd+1healer with separate MMR from 3man party. Because it will solve the main problem of finding a decent partner.
    What about new players using it though. They find a partner and then they decide to try real rated and have very few teams to actually compete against leading them to quit again without progressing. Which is one of the reasons for the pvp drought.

What you are suggested is just skirmish now unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    What about new players using it though. They find a partner and then they decide to try real rated and have very few teams to actually compete against leading them to quit again without progressing. Which is one of the reasons for the pvp drought.

What you are suggested is just skirmish now unless I'm missing something.
    Solo queue would actually be perfect for new players. Say someone new to pvp wants to tryout arena. All he has to do is just queue up. Yes it will be with a random player of similar xp but there will be no more using the shitty LFG tool that i absolutely hate. They can just jump in to ranked and start playing.

When i first started PVP (2 seasons ago) i thought solo que would be stupid because i played wih my friends. They stopped playing with me because i was to bad so i had to find new partners. I die get 2k twise but it was very hard and also i still only have a very small number of people to play with. It takes more time to find people than to actually playing the game. I would love the solo que now!!! But it should get a special Reward System like Mounts some special transmogs and stuff like weapon or tabbard just things to make people having some nice goals to target. Tldr. Yes solo que would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Solo queue would actually be perfect for new players. Say someone new to pvp wants to tryout arena. All he has to do is just queue up. Yes it will be with a random player of similar xp but there will be no more using the shitty LFG tool that i absolutely hate. They can just jump in to ranked and start playing.
    and get paired with a tank and a healer who dps spams, have a horrible time and never tries pvp again

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and get paired with a tank and a healer who dps spams, have a horrible time and never tries pvp again
    Uh no. That is why tanks should be banned from solo queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    That's easy.

1. Ban tanks
    2. The healer will get extremely low MMR from playing that way which basically means he'll only be playing with extremely undergeared players (800 mmr), regular people (even bad newbies) won't even be facing/playing with him (by playing regularly, and not doing extremely stupid shit like that healer there's no way you get 800 mmr unless you're playing with 0 gear).
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-08-21 at 12:25 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    That is what I am saying. What you are quoting is in reference to making #SoloQueue its own MMR. I think segregating new players to their own ladder won't help the problem.