Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If there were thousands of howitzers pointed at my house and commanded by a porcine despot, I would move somewhere else. South Korea may be crowded, but that's only because almost half the population lives in and around Seoul. There's more than enough space outside the capital to accommodate everyone if it came to that. I do understand that keeping the capital there serves as an act of defiance and moving it would be seen as kind of a craven, cowardly move, but then again, if they really aren't afraid they would be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to defeat the dictator and reunite their country.
    Outside the bigger cities South Korea is pretty underdeveloped and the bigger cities are crowded as hell and it's just a matter of hours by car if you move somewhere in South Korea. It's not like going from west to east in USA or north to south.

If there were thousands of howitzers pointed at my house and commanded by a porcine despot, I would move somewhere else. South Korea may be crowded, but that's only because almost half the population lives in and around Seoul. There's more than enough space outside the capital to accommodate everyone if it came to that. I do understand that keeping the capital there serves as an act of defiance and moving it would be seen as kind of a craven, cowardly move, but then again, if they really aren't afraid they would be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to defeat the dictator and reunite their country.
    There's no "elsewhere", that's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's no "elsewhere", that's the point.
    Good thing we created the Strategic Bibimbap Reserve back in the 50s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    It would take them about 30-60 minutes to raze Seoul with everything they've got aimed at Seoul and kill millions...
    cant we just have the US sneakily send in drones above NK incase their army decides to retaliate against South Korea after we attack? i mean North Korea's tech is pretty shitty, if we had a few hundred drones above NK and just fired a few hell fire missiles at the NK headquarters i'm sure the rest could neutralize the army quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Outside the bigger cities South Korea is pretty underdeveloped and the bigger cities are crowded as hell and it's just a matter of hours by car if you move somewhere in South Korea. It's not like going from west to east in USA or north to south.
    Well, that's kind of their own goddamn fault for cramming so many people near the border. North Korea is still using the same WW2-era artillery pieces that they had during the Korean War, meaning that all of that infrastructure was built with the full knowledge that it would be within range of enemy howitzers which, it must be stressed, are just fucking cannons and therefore cannot shoot that far.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    All of it? In most any way it can be interpreted. What he means, as far as the twit-brain means anything, is that North Korea has gone too far, the US has gotten its ass kicked diplomatically, and the Chinese are making the problem worse. And none of that is true. Yeah, North Korea has a temper-tantrum throwing, whiny, crazy bitch of a government. That's probably why the Orange Overlord doesn't like them: he hates the competition. But they haven't been particularly more tantrum throwing than normal. There's been a lot of diplomacy. The US mostly keeps its end and reneges on a few points, so do the North Koreans. China has done more to stabilize the sitaution, and to pressue the North Koreans than Trump has done.

Really, Trumpy is just a crybaby who wants a distraction from how bad he is at being president. And he'll kill people to get it if he needs to and can figure out how. I just hope he starts and end with his followers, they're the only ones who deserve it, and him.
    Look we get what side of the aisle you stand on and can't be reasoned with. Your talking heads told you what to think on TV and you repeat it all over the web. Good on you.

But when you have to use insults (to try and sound cool) about someone who you disagree with, that really shows what kind of person you are. AKA one that has no argument and has to resort to name calling to try and "win" a debate. Keep on keeping on!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Pre-Trump: North Korea is an international danger.

Post-Trump: Leave the North Koreans alone!

Oh, by the way, if you're still stuck with the fact that Trump's unconventional in the way he handle things, perhaps you haven't been paying attention as to why he's there in the first place. Not saying I agree, but I'm not stupid enough to cry wolf on mundane things.

Thats funny because Pre-Trump all I heard was how they are a joke and no real threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Thats funny because Pre-Trump all I heard was how they are a joke and no real threat.
    Wow, where have you been when they went all nuclear and missile? That was during Obama's.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The way he says things is almost reminiscent of Tennisace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is has become the embodiment of an internet troll if an internet troll become president.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, where have you been when they went all nuclear and missile? That was during Obama's.

In the realm of reality where they could barely make it past their own boarders.

As you mention those things are changing. They are now increasing their range.

btw just because we imposed sanctions on them for what they did, doesn't mean we thought they were an actual threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the realm of reality where they could barely make it past their own boarders.

As you mention those things are changing. They are now increasing their range.

btw just because we imposed sanctions on them for what they did, doesn't mean we thought they were an actual threat.
    And you thought it would stay that way forever? Things changed when Kim Jong Un took the reins.

No but seriously, there's many valid criticism you can do against Trump, but actions against North Korea, when it's Japan themselves who reach out to the US for help, is not a valid criticism. At all.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    And you thought it would stay that way forever? Things changed when Kim Jong Un took the reins.

No but seriously, there's many valid criticism you can do against Trump, but actions against North Korea, when it's Japan themselves who reach out to the US for help, is not a valid criticism. At all.

So you suggest we start bombing anyone and everyone because they might be a threat in the future? Nothing changed. it's the same exact shit from the fathers son. Same saber rattling trying to get attention.

If they are a real threat right now, why haven't they hit just 1 of our bases in South Korea?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you suggest we start bombing anyone and everyone because they might be a threat in the future? Nothing changed. it's the same exact shit from the fathers son. Same saber rattling trying to get attention.

If they are a real threat right now, why haven't they hit just 1 of our bases in South Korea?
    First of all, you don't bomb a country with nuclear power. If you want to take down North Korea, you don't want to lose south korea and parts of china along with it, not counting a huge international crisis.

Second, no that's just stupid. You don't bomb or send military power against a country just because they're a risk. I think the problem with your view stem from that perception that taking action against a country irremediably means military consequences. There's a lot of diplomatic pressure that the US - but mostly countries next to North Korea - can apply on them.

Third point is the fact that North Korea isn't stupid, contrarily to what you seem to think. They are dependent on South Korea in many way. They may not like them, but they're not going to hit them when they will have the US on them in no time. South Korea act as a shield against international forces - in a way, they're a hostage in this whole situation.

The reason why we need to act, rather than let them live in their little bubble as they have in the past decades, is because their threats are getting serious. It's not just failed missile launches anymore. It's a nuclear race.

Please tell me you understand this at least.
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    You have an unspeakable amount of faith. Kudos.
    I know right, I already am bearing down for him winning in 2020.

It's honestly the best time the democrats, and people all around, could've dreamed to unite the country. We just have to stop marginalizing and be inclusive of everyone.
    It's a noble sentment, to be sure. Sad part is, the country does not WANT to be united. The partizan bullshit and dumbfuckery that shows up repeatedly on both sides over and over again is ample evidence of that. There are groups on both sides that will actively resist any effort made at a universally "inclusive" America. Sadly, the larger part of them seem to exist on the Republican ticket, which is why they ended up with Agent Orange as president.

Well, that's kind of their own goddamn fault for cramming so many people near the border. North Korea is still using the same WW2-era artillery pieces that they had during the Korean War, meaning that all of that infrastructure was built with the full knowledge that it would be within range of enemy howitzers which, it must be stressed, are just fucking cannons and therefore cannot shoot that far.

Honestly, it wouldn't have done anything for them to move the capital further away. The US and Europe are developing rocket-boosted artillery with range as much as 140km that is fully compatible with and 155mm artillery system. A further away capital would just have meant North Korea would have invested in different weaponry, such as Rocket Assisted projectiles.

Howitzer range can also be increased by extending the barrel.

But yeah you've identified the problem with striking North Korea. The US could do it, but it'll lose Seoul and millions of South Koreans will die. Not to mention post-war reconstruction of North and South Korea would probably be a trillion-dollar project.